(Closed) Starting TTC in 2016 chat

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

We are staring next month probably! Woot!! I’ve been taking the prenatals… I also made sure my DH has been taking a multi-vitamin.  The only thing that has recently come up is the fact that he’s on some medication for a cronic condition.  As far as he’s ever been told there aren’t really any side-effects to the meds, but I asked him to make sure with the Doc. that we’re good to go.  We also go to the gym – I too want to make sure that I can exercise into my pregnancy without issue.. at least from a physical fitness standpoint.  Hopefully I won’t be feeling to sick or anything like that. 

Right now the only concern really is that we’re planning to start while we’re on a ski vacation – which just happens to coincide with when I should be ovulating (based on an app I use).  Typically we would spend quite a bit of time in the hot tub after a day on the slopes, so I’m not sure quite yet how we’re going to handle that one – but we’ll see πŸ™‚  It’s a family trip and we’re keeping out TTC plans on the down-low, so not going in the hot tub would be a very big indicator that something is up…

We have some baby name ideas but I’m hesistant to mention them – I don’t really want to read anything that might sway our decision one way or the other πŸ˜›   Good luck to everyone!!!!

Post # 3
649 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Carmen\'s Lakeview

We won’t be TTC until Sept/Oct. even though I have MAJOR baby fever! lol. I’m hoping that if all goes well, we make the announcement next Christmas! πŸ™‚ Although IF financially, things work out as they hopefully will, we may start a little earlier. So far I haven’t done anything yet to prepare but will probably start sometime in the summer. I really should get myself in better shape though and lose a few lbs. Even 15 would be better. Just so I’m a little healthier (I put my winter coat on today, and hadn’t used it since last year, and realized that it was snug). I have an IUD so will probably get that removed sometime in the summer as well. 

We already have baby names picked out πŸ™‚ 

Post # 4
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Yes! I am so excited for 2016 lol I am going off the nuvaring in March, then NTNP (as I know my cycles will be messed, I’ve been on BC for over 10 years) and July wedding, and hopefully TTC right away!! I hope next Christmas I can announce that I am pregnant, that is my dream! I’ve already thought 1000000 times over how I am going to tell my mom she is going to be a grandma! She bugs me daily for a baby lol

Boy names: whatever Fiance picks, told him he can pick if its a boy, so he likes Mason or Tyson

Girl names: Aubree .. I’ve had my heart set on it forever, and my mom and grandma’s name flow perfectly with it as middle names so I am in love with it 

Post # 6
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

View original reply
CanadianBride456:  Thanks for getting this board started .  

We are going to TTC at the end of May, since it’s our anniversary month and we’ll be on a trip celebrating. I have been off BC since March of last year becuase I was having issues with the pill and the Nuvaring. I’ve been charting ever since to avoid pregnancy.

We are waiting to TTC becuase we are saving $$$ to move out of our current home and move to one wiht a better school district. But we wouldn’t be opposed to having the baby in our current home.  We are also waiting because we don’t really want to have the baby this year (2016) we’d rather hold of until sometime next year (2017).

Are there any baby names that you’re really loving right now?: No, not really I have a running list of boy and girl names that I email to myself when I think of them. I know kind of corny but I feel like they will be handy one day. We are going to be team GREEN so I;m sure we’ll have to come up with 2 boy and girl names when the time comes.

Also my DH hasn’t been fond of any of my brilliat suggestions so that’s another reason I can’t get to attached to a name yet.

Post # 7
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

View original reply
smad11:  Enjoy your ski trip and wishing you plenty of baby dust. Can’t wait to get an update after the trip.

View original reply
CanadianBride456:  I had no idea it could affect the little swimmers for up to 6 months. Definitely something to consider.

Post # 8
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

We’ll be starting TTC at the end of March which is 2 months before our wedding and a little less then 3 months from now. We’ve been waiting so long for this and we’re excited it’s finally almost here! We both have a major case of baby fever and are so ready to be parents! We would be trying now if we could, but I need to be able to fit into my wedding dress lol So we figured 2 months before would be a good compromise.

There’s definitely quite a bit that we need to do in order to start preparing. Our main goal right now is to buy a house. We just relocated to a different town right before the holidays for my FI’s job. We are first time home buyers so with this move our goal was to finally buy our own house. We were renting before and were able to find another apartment to rent without a lease. That way we could try and buy a home as soon as possible without being tied down to a contract. We’ve been house hunting for a while and we think we’ve finally found our dream home. So we will probably be making an offer on it within the next day or two. We’re excited and nervous and hoping that the sellers will accept it. Other than that though, I’m just exercising for the wedding and to get my body to a healthier weight before pregnancy. And I’ll be starting to take prenatal vitamins at the end of this month.

In terms of names, we don’t have any picked out or any favourites right now. We think it’s a bit premature to be thinking about that before we’re even pregnant. But I know picking out names will be a challenge with my Fiance lol It was a job and a half just to get him to pick a name for both of our cats. So for our child, I think he’ll be way more picky. It drives me nuts haha

Post # 9
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

We’re starting in July, although I would love to start sooner! We are hoping my sister gets pregnant before theN (been trying for over a year) and that we have a little more money saved up. Until the. We are trying to get in as many little house renojs as possible and trying to stick to a healthy lifestyle. I went off bc last Aug but have been charting to prevent pregnancy. I plan on starting prenatals the beginning of April and booking a doctors appointment even before that just for a check up! I have already started picking up little baby things here and there and pinning nursery ideas (baby fever really gets the best of me lol). I’m really glad we have this thread because it pretty sure DH is sick of hearing about my baby fever every night lol. 

Names were were pretty set on right now : Benjamin, Michael and Charlie for boys. Charlotte, Olivia and Katelyn for girls. My biggest feat is that a friend or sibling as a baby before us and chooses one of our names lol. Seems crazy but I have my heart set on Them!! 

Post # 10
346 posts
Helper bee

We will be starting next month or so. I went off my pills at the start of my new cycle. I want to map my cycle out a cycle or two before we jump into it. We are both very healthy and eat well. We have a very active lifestyle. 

We are aiming for a baby later this year or early next year. It has everything to do with our long term plans. We waited until now because we wanted to have a specific amount of sick leave saved up. We have a few vacations coming up too, so I would like to enjoy those too.

We have a few baby names picked out, but my lips are sealed.

Post # 11
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Sept 2016 here πŸ™‚   I’m turning 35 this year, so we aren’t waiting too long after the wedding in july

Post # 12
301 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

yippie

Post # 13
301 posts
Helper bee

Yippie. My first post. I joined wedding bee sometime before my wedding in 2014 to ask about replica gowns. Never logged back in again and I cannot remember my username or password. 

Anyway we want to start trying to conceive this year. At the moment, I am on Nexplanon and plan to take it off Juneish. I have recently started running, trying to get fit before getting pregnant.

now this is weird lol ,i know but I would love to have twins and know that I’m done having kids. This would be my first time pregnant and first kids. Any tips on any natural ways of making that possible. It’s not a do or die thingy though.

also is anyone going to be taking prenatal vitamins. Are they good? What are the common ones? I plan to go see a doctor before I come off the implant though.

will be checking in here for sure.

shalom

Post # 14
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Hi ladies, do any of you feel that it’s surreal you’re writing on this board??

My hubby and I are going to TTC around May πŸ˜‰ It feels so surreal to me, I told him today, I can’t believe it’s actually happening in a few months! It doesn’t feel “real” yet. I can’t wait though. 

I am taking prenatals, have a doctors check up in May, and am going to get off of birth control in March πŸ™‚ 

Post # 15
1156 posts
Bumble bee

YAY – I’m so excited. Baby fever hit bad last year and we decided in the fall of last year to actively TTC. We will start in May. We are going to London in June for our 2 year anniversary … so of course we have plans to “try” there as well. 

I started prenatals this month. I work out quite a bit already so I will continue that up – I’ve lost a lot of weight in the past year preparation for TTC. It was good motivation. I’m the smallest I’ve ever been. I wanted everything to be habit once I became pregnant (clean eating/working out, etc.). I’ve also started corresponding with the birth center I’ve been eyeing for a while. They are running our insurance through and I have a tour planned for later this month. 

I went off the pill a year ago. I have irregular cycles so I thought it best to give my body some time – it’s pretty stable now. 

We waited a couple of years b/c we wanted to be married a while first (we’ve been together 7 years). We also travel a lot and wanted to go and see all the places we wanted before a baby (even though we still plan to travel after having a baby – just not out of the country for a while). I also accepted a new job in a better school district and we moved into a town home with a second bedroom for this very reason. 

We’ve had baby names picked out for a while. Archer Jamison if a boy and we’re between Everly Quinn or Lenore Raine for a girl. 

View original reply
favoredone: I’ve been taking Rainbow Light Prenatal One Food-Based Multivitamin. They are vegan and gluten free (if that matters). I’ve also been taking a prenatal DHA. They seem to be pretty good – the reviews were decent as well. 

The topic ‘Starting TTC in 2016 chat’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors