Starting TTC in 2016 chat

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 16
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2015

This is our first month hardcore TTC. I have been trying to get pregnant since our wedding night, but no luck yet. This year, we are bringing out the big guns. Sex everyother day, temping and ovulation tests.

Post # 17
299 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Going on a cruise in June and can’t be more than 6 months. Since all my family will be aboard we hope to announce than. If not, it’s ok I realize it takes time.  Still on BC for one more month, then will use condoms till my first period. After that well you know. Just started on prenatal. I’m a school teacher, I’d like to quit after this school year is over. I’m 31, 32 in July. I’m nervous but excited.  I’m ready for this, starting a business so I can be a stay at home mommy and help out financially. Scared because I’m a Thyroid Cancer Survivor and pregnancy is a different game for us. But I’m ready! 

Post # 18
301 posts
Helper bee

CanadianBride456:  thanks for starting this thread! ah! I am so excited our year is here:) I hope everyone will post updates here as you progress before moving to other boards! 

We are starting in April and I literally cannot wait. We are going to Punta Cana in three weeks so looking forward to that but I have no idea how Im going to get through Feb/March lol. We are waiting until April as I am Maid/Matron of Honor for a friend in August and the dresses are bought. I consulted my seamstress and on her recommendation bought one size up with extra length to work with for alterations. The most I would be is 5 months along at the wedding. It is VERY hard to wait. I want to toss the pill pack now. I also just started a tax free savings acct to subsidize losing half my income while on mat leave and I am taking prenatals.

We are set on names. Sebastian Maximus for a boy. Millisle Grace for a girl. Millisle is a town in Northern Ireland on the Irish Sea where my grandma is from. Its beautiful and its the perfect nod to our heritage. Also looove Millie for short. So cute! Good luck to everyone and I look forward to hearing about your progress! Also its really nice to have a place to chat about this as we are trying not to let too many ppl know we are trying this year in case it takes a while. 

Post # 20
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

lovechocolate:  thanks. I will have a review and look around. Also silly question but can one go on prenatal so while still on birth control? Thank you Gods grace as we start this exciting stage.

Post # 21
1388 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

CanadianBride456: I honestly don’t know anyone who had given their baby an “E” name – so not too popular here. Hala, Jocelyn, Vivienne, and Verity were there the last four babies I knew born … so if anything “V” names were more popular, haha. I’ve always loved Everly and we decided to keep it even though Tatum Channing and his wife named their baby it. We don’t know anyone with the name so far so good. 

Post # 22
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Me and my hubs have just started ttc the past few months. So excited! No luck yet but hopefully 2016 is our year! We havent discussed names yet gonna try not to get our hopes up until we see those 2 pink lines. Fingers crossed! 

Post # 23
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

doubtingdebbieah:  It is TOTALLY surreal! We are also starting in May/June, and while I really don’t want to wish the time away, I am dying for it to get here!!

lovechocolate:  I am also taking the Rainbow Light and the DHA supplement. Love both so far! I don’t know if it’s the extra B vitamins but I actually ovulated on time this month instead of like a week before AF. 

We will be TTC-ing sometime this summer! I am ridiculously excited. I’ve been on prenatals for 1.5 years (mostly for hair and nails to prepare for the wedding) but also secretly because I wanted to feel like I was doing something to prep for TTC. 

We go on our honeymoon in April and I definitely don’t want to be pregnant for that. Then I am the matron of honor in my friend’s wedding in November, so I don’t want to be too far along for that. I considered waiting until after her wedding, but as of now we are ready to start trying as soon as we can!

I swear the baby fever hit HARD the day after the wedding, so I’m so glad this thread exists ๐Ÿ™‚ Cheers to 2016!

Post # 24
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

We’re hoping to start in June! We’d love to start sooner but I’m on some meds that I am absolutely not allowed to get pregnant on, so we have to wait for them to be done, then there’s a waiting period for them to be fully cleared out of my system before we can start. So as long as things continue with that they was it has then June is a go! I also can’t start taking prenatals until I stop taking the meds so I’ll start those as soon as I can but it won’t be as early as I prefer.

I have a copper IUD so right now the plan is to take it out on June 1, but depending on what appointments are available and when I get get out of work it may be a few weeks sooner.

My all time favourite girls name is and has been Ava, but it’s so popular right now, and his sister named her baby Ava. He shot down my next favourite (Lyra) and then I shot down a few he liked hahaha. We’ve actually chosen both names now but they’re tucked away somewhere safe ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

Post # 25
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

We will be starting TTC right around when we get married. I am so excited. I have been taking a prenatal vitamin since last summer and am trying to get in better shape before we TTC. I am just now starting to track my cycle and what not. 

Girls’ names we like are Charlotte and Elizabeth. We are still discussing boys’ names, but I know if we have a boy his middle name with be Robert, which is my late father’s name.

Post # 26
1049 posts
Bumble bee

We’ve already started TCC so this month is our 4th cycle, fingers crossed that this is our year! Our timing has just been way off from travel and holidays so I’m not worried yet and have high hopes for this month and an October baby!

Darling Husband and I have a really hard time agreeing on names so nothing is set in stone. I love Noah James and Sophia Grace but he shot those ones down so my current favorites are Henry James and Claire Marie. Both current names have special family meaning which I never ever thought I’d consider but I’m loving the combinations! Luckily we’re the only ones in our circle even close to TTC so no worries about name stealing, although on of my best friends and her bf intend to use Henry (Hank) for their hypothetical future son but we’ve agreed it’ll be ok since they’ll use the nn and we won’t.

Post # 27
1205 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I posted in the other Waiting to TTC chat, but I’ll post here too. 

We are starting TTC in July! I have an IUD that will come out that month and we’ll immediately start trying after that. This will be our second – DS is 15 months old right now, so that puts him at 21ish months and hoping for a 2.5 to 3 year age difference between them. 

The thing that worries me a little is how it will affect DS. He’s a momma’s boy right now and when my attention has to be split, it might be a bit hard. But by then, he’ll be more independent and hopefully be talking more so we can explain what’s going on. 

I’m not doing anything special right now to get ready, but I’ll start on prenatals in April. I’m running ~5k every other day just as a way to stay in shape and be healthy. I’d be doing that even if we weren’t going to try this year. My goal is to be healthy and feel my best. I have my yearly doctor’s appointment next week with my OB and we’ll see what she says. I’m 8ish pounds below my pre-baby weight, which is great, but I don’t want to drop too much more. 

It seems everyone around me is pregnant right now. Some days I think, thank god I’m not! But other days that’s all I want. It’s crazy!!

ETA: DS’s name is Marcus and if we have another boy, Asher is the front runner followed by Atticus. If we have a girl, we are going with Adalaide.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  ColoradoGirl.
Post # 28
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Even reading this thread gives me chills. My fiance and I are getting married this year and we’ve already taked about TTC as soon as we’re married. We already live together, have a home together, etc. A wedding is just a formality for us in terms of the stage we’re in together. I was so “yes, let’s do this!” and then it hit me that I could be pregnant by the end of this year and just… WOAH, crazy to think about. We will probably begin in October or November… announcing at Christmas would be super cute

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  OliviaPitman.
Post # 29
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I think it definitely feels surreal to be writing on this board!! EEK!

For anyone that wants to better be able to keep track of potential names I highly recommend using a babyname app! The one I use is just called “baby names” – go figure, but it lets you search for the meaning of names, and then serch for names in specific categories (think languages, era’s etc.) and then you can set favorites – that way you can easily go back to check our which are you favorite girl or boy names… whenever I hear a name I think I might like I just add it – then randomly Darling Husband and I will go through the names and take out or add ones we like/don’t like – sort of fun! I’m glad I started doing it a few months ago because I know otherwise I’d never remember certain ones that I’ve come across ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 30
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

We are also seriously TTC this 2016. We tried this december when we got engaged (because of my age) but no luck. Now we are long distance so basically we are gonna start at the second half this year. Here’s hoping the stork visit everyone in this thread ๐Ÿ™‚ its funny how me and my Fiance got intense baby fever once we got engaged 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors