(Closed) Starting TTC in 2016 chat

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 31
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Jumping on board because we’ll be TTC this year–eep! I’m excited but also incredibly nervous. I have an appointment with a fertility doc this week as I have irregular periods. I’m hoping that things will go well but I have knots in my stomach. I started prenatals this month and am keeping up my pre-wedding fitness routine. Fiance and I definitely have baby fever since most of my friends already have kids!

View original reply
kmdunford: TTC twins? If that’s a thing! We’re getting married in April and will start TTC in March as well.

Post # 32
1186 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I am excited to be posting on this board! It feels pretty crazy.

I have been off of BC for a few months & we have just been doin’ it when we feel like it. I had a Laperoscopy in december where I had some endometriosis removed & she moved one of my ovaries a little because it was slightly tucked under in there. We will be working around my fertile week this month because we have a trip to Las Vegas next month. February we will really starting trying with me doing OPK’s & BD every other day during that time! I am so excited, I wish we could have done that this month. I have been familiarizing myself with OPK’s this week & did get a a positive on Friday & Saturday. I have been taking prenatals for a long time now. If we arent pregnant by April my doctor wants to see me for tests because of my Endometriosis.

We have a few names that we like, although we have many more boy names than girl names:

some boy names: Top one is for sure William-this will definitely be our first boy’s name. We also like Taylor (Dh’s middle name), Nathan, Reagan. 

For girls: Kennedy, husband really wants Emily but me not so much, i knew a TON of emily’s growing up & I get reminded of them when I hear it-weird.. & Abbey. 

Post # 33
1186 posts
Bumble bee

Ill add that I am also taking vitex which has improved my amount of CF. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 34
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

View original reply
doubtingdebbieah:  

Yess it feels so surreal being on this board and trying to prepare for this unchartered territory. For so many years I ahve done everything possible to prevent pregnancy, so that’s my “normal”.

Just thinking about TTC is so freeing and exciting to me. And of course the end result of a baby just seems like an overwhelming blessing to fathom.

View original reply
lovechocolate:  

Wow it sonds like you guys are laing out all the ground work for baby. That is such a great idea to run your ensure through the birthing center you’re eyeing. Did they question you about running the insurance before being pregnant or was it just a routine thing for them to do?

Wow it sonds like you guys are laing out all the ground work for baby. That is such a great idea to run your ensure through the birthing center you’re eyeing. Did they question you about running the insurance before being pregnant or was it just a routine thing for them to do?

Post # 35
1102 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
MrsLeb:  Isn’t it hard not to slip up and tell people you are going to TTC this year! It’s such exciting news you want to share… DH and I just had a chat about that. He swares I can’t hold water when it comes to my Mom and Grandma, but we agreed that we will keep the decision to ourselves despite all the recent inquiries .

View original reply
CanadianBride456:  Oh fun, I’m glad I know another bee that’s interested in the team GREEN surprise. I know the decision is going to drive DH crazy, but I think the excitement at the end is SO worth it. I’m sure I’ll waiver when the time comes, but I know I can hold out for 9 months… I mean we’ve held out for this long what’s another 9 months!

Post # 36
1102 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Mrs.Huffman:   I hope 2016 is your year as well. Sending you lots of baby dust!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by BreezyBride24.
Post # 37
1268 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I’m so glad you made this board! We’ll be TTC in June or July this year! Eeek. It’ll be great to talk to you ladies until then, I’ve had crazy baby fever. I can totally tell I’m driving DH up the wall. Haven’t done too much to prepare yet. But I’m going to see my doctor in March and I’ll let her know our plans then. I will probably start taking a prenatal then too. 

My sister recently found out she is pregnant so, if things happen quickly for us, our kids will be super close in age. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Post # 38
1156 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
BreezyBride24: The birthing center offered to run our insurance to see if we’d be covered under an exception. There are a couple of birthing centers covered by my insurance, but this center is one of the best – they certified NP’s with hospital privilages if anything goes arrway. I told them right away we weren’t trying till May, but they’ve been nothing but helpful! Either way – I think we’d go with them – the price itself wasn’t extremely shocking. 

Post # 39
1570 posts
Bumble bee

I cant stop looking at pinterest and babies r us lol… It has become an addiction!!! What am I going to do for 5.5 months!!!!!!

Post # 40
249 posts
Helper bee

I just took out a pill pack for the counter so I dont forget to start it on Sunday and realized I have this pill pack and one more and then Im not getting it refilled! ahhh! my stomach dropped. Lol but in a good way! 

View original reply
teacherbee01:  I am also addicted to babies r us and Pinterest. It is the worst! I think I have a travel system picked out. Sometimes I feel like I’m losing my mind. I keep reminding myself that it could very well take a while and not to get too ahead but it is certainly fun looking and day dreaming!

Post # 41
649 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Carmen\'s Lakeview

View original reply
MrsLeb:  
View original reply
teacherbee01:  I’ve already started the “baby wishlist” registry! haha and we aren’t TTC for another 9 more months!! ๐Ÿ™ I’ve already driven DH crazy with all the baby talk. lol

Post # 42
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
Dr_dazzle:  
View original reply
teacherbee01:  I love seeing the other June/July ttc-ers on this board…it makes me feel less crazy for being so excited already! I literally think about it several times a day, so I’m hoping to distract myself as much as possible over the coming months!

Post # 43
1268 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
aquarius_91:  I think about it all the time too! I should be able to keep myself distracted though we are in the process of buying a house! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 44
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
peaseblossoms:  lol I guess it is now ๐Ÿ˜† Good luck and I hope everything goes well with your fertility appointment!

Post # 45
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Southern Inn

I just had my preconception visit today and got the thumbs up from my OB GYN to go off birth control at the end of this month! I have Interstitial Cystisis, so I will have to take a break from some of my medications, but that’s really the only thing we have to do before we TTC. I think we’ll go off BC in February 2016 then NTNP for a few months while I finish up school (graduating May 2016) and really start TTC around April or May 2016 with the hopes of concieving around then or in the summer. We’ve been married for 2 years and are very excited to start this chapter of our lives. We had a really hard time deciding when was right, but finally we just decided that there will never be a perfect time and if we are both emotionally ready then we should get things in motion.

Our girl name is a family name and would be Ruby Aurora, but we don’t have any boy names yet.

The topic ‘Starting TTC in 2016 chat’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors