(Closed) Starting TTC in 2016 chat

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 46
569 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We’re going to start TTC in April. So excited πŸ™‚ We’re finally at a steady point in our marriage, we’re done with most home renovations, and DH started his own law practice and that’s going perfect. We’re taking a vacation in April to Cancun for my birthday and will officially start then. I’ve been off birth control for almost 3 months now, and taking pre-natals. Also temping just to get an idea of my patterns, because I never want to go on BC again. I have 3 older second cousins pregnant right now, and i’m so excited for them! 

Baby names for boys are Ascher and Graham, though pretty sure my cousin is going to take Ascher πŸ™ I love Harper for a girl. Excited for April! 

Post # 47
2922 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2016 - Surfer\'s Beach, Grand Cayman

I’m going off the pill mid February and we are getting married on March 3, for the first few months we don’t plan on charting or temping or anything, I guess you would call it not trying not preventing and see how things go. I plan on starting pre-natals this week. We’ve both been consistently working out and eating better since October, I need to lose some weight to have a healthier pregnancy and I also have PCOS so losing weight will hopefully increase my chances of conceiving (I’m down 13 lbs so far), we also want to set a good example for our future children in terms of healthy lifestyle.

Post # 48
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: Stonehouse at Stirling Ridge

Love that this board is here…as I dont want to tell family or friends just yet that DH and I plan to concieve this year… We’re aiming closer toward the end of the year (most likely Sept-Dec) as we’re still in the process of finding a home to then start our family. But if things happen to move a little faster than expected we’re welcome to that also! I’m over the moon excited about the thought of having a baby with DH, baby fever is so real now that we’ve officially had the talk and have plans to start! 

I havent done much to prepare other than scheduling my yearly appt. at my OB/GYN. in Feb. I will ask more questions at the appt and ask for suggestions for prenatals and when I should start taking them. I stopped BC last month and am starting to regulate my period and trying to get a good sense of how long my cycles are and when I ovulate.

I’ve also been going back to the gym to get myself in better shape by the time we do actively start TTC. I’m hoping to get my body use to working our regularly in order to do so during my pregnancy as well (of course only with DR’s approval, even if its just prenatal yoga I would like to remain active as I hear it helps with a smoother delivery). 

As far as baby names go the only name we seem to agree on is Aria Raye (DH’s name is raymond so i love being able to incorportate his name into a little girls middle name) 

Post # 49
2125 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m so excited for this thread! DH and I have agreed to start TTC at the END of this year – around November. While I would love to start a few months earlier and possibly announce at Christmas, he’s very set on November and now that he has his mind set I’m pretty much swimming upstream to get him to change it (I say affectionately!). 

I second the pinterest obsession. I’ve been pinning baby stuff for years, but it’s become a bit of an obsession of late. πŸ™‚

I go back and forth between really excited that this is our year(!!), worried that we’re not ready(who ever really IS), excited to decorate the nursery and spend time there with my future child, and nervous that TTC will be difficult for us. Emotions all over the place. I guess it’ll only get worse once I’m actually pregnant – poor DH. πŸ™‚

I’ll be going off of BC in August in preparation for TTC in November. I have an appointment to see a new doctor in March to discuss some things that might affect my eventual pregnancy (heriditary medical issues that I don’t currently have but might develop), and I plan to start taking pre-natals in the next few months to prepare. I’m also going to begin trying to follow the same diet I would eat while pregnant, to get used to it – so I’m cutting down on caffeine and alcohol big time. If I’m used to it by the time I get pregnant, I’m hoping it’ll make it easier to avoid during pregnancy. I’m pretty fit already and eat mostly well, but I’m going to try to eat even healthier and incorporate yoga into my fitness routine. I’m hopeful that doing yoga reularly will help me maintain my physicality during the end of my pregnancy.

I can’t believe I’m even writing about this stuff! I think about it all the time, but don’t talk about it much with DH. His personality is “we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it” whereas I’m a HUGE planner. I’m thinking ahead 11 months for TTC – he’ll start thinking about it the week before. :p I’m going to be encouraging him to take a multivitamin in the meantime, and cut down on the cycling (he cycles a LOT). He’s very fit (more than I am) and won’t need to make any other lifestyle changes though, so I’m not too worried about it.

View original reply
kaitlynaubrey01:  What’s Vitex?

We don’t have any names absolutely picked out yet, though we both love Quinn and Everly (Everleigh maybe?) if it’s a girl. Boys names are so much harder! 

Post # 50
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
allyson.m88:  so glad im ot the only one!! when im bored in the evenings, I find myself searching reviews on car seats and travel systems lol. Its crazy but t helps cope with the baby fever. DH thinks im crazy for sure but said atleast itllbe less work when the time actually comes lol

Post # 51
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2016 - Sand Key Park- Clearwater Beach Elopement

I’m so freaking happy to say that my fiance and I are gonna start trying this year! We are planning to wait until my October cycle to start really trying for a baby, but the September cycle we will probably stop trying to prevent it.

So far I haven’t done really anything to prepare as it’s still like, 8.5 months out from when we may start trying. I probably won’t start with prenatals until around July. Until then, I’m just going to continue to be as healthy and active as I can be, so I can hopefully have a healthy pregnancy where I can still remain quite active.

We’ve had names picked out for a while. But right now, my cold seems to be limitingmy ability to remember how to spell the very, very Italian names (fiance is Italian American).

My fiance told me he has had a couple dreams of us having twins. TWINS. I really hope not. At least not for the first pregnancy. I’d rather just have one to start with, to get into the swing of raising little humans. Two at once we wouldn’t be prepared for, but then again, I don’t think most people who find out they’re having twins ARE prepared to hear that haha.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by bunniebee.
Post # 53
1186 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Soon2bmrs1:  its an herbal suppliment that is said to help regulate women’s cycles & improve the health overall of your reproductive organs. A lot of women say it helps them get pregnant/improves their cycles & some say they see no difference with it-but it cant hurt, right! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 54
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

We are also planning on TTC in June!  I have been charting the last two months trying to better understand everything. I will probably begin taking my prenatal vitamins at the end of March. 

I I had really bad baby fever a month before we got engaged and a few months after. But lately i haven’t had much time to think about it, as it gets closer it’s going to get so much more surreal!

We have our girls names set in stone, as far as boy names we don’t always agree on them. So far our girls names are Eden, Presley and Grace. 

Post # 55
1570 posts
Bumble bee

I just started researching some prenatal vitamins and wanted your opinions! What ones are you all on? Do some have better reviews? Also.. in addition to prenatal vitamins, do you/or do you plan on taking additional vitamins? I have heard about folic acids, b12, fish oil…. the list goes on! 

Post # 56
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

DH and I will be TTC baby #2 in July! Our first turned one in Dec. so they will be about 2.5 yrs apart. I can’t wait! I will probably stop taking the pill in May and start prenatals. I’m excited to be posting on these boards again!

Post # 57
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Omigosh I love that this board exists! I had looked at some of the Babycentre ones, and got totally overwhelmed. Plus I used these boards when planning my wedding and I’ve just gotta say these seem so much friendlier.

I am BURSTING to talk about ttc, but we aren’t telling anyone in our family or friends to keep it a surprise. I didn’t realize how tough it would be not telling people, esp. my mom! For example my dr.’s appt to remove my IUD is tomorrow.. and I can’t even mention that I’m going to the doctor because I’m otherwise completely healthy and would have to come up with some BS reason for going there.

The only thing that makes it easier is to daydream/think up ways of telling them the news! My mom for one will be floored.. esp since she’s been practically begging for a grandbaby for a year now and I keep shutting her down and saying no way, not for a few years yet etc etc. Her face will be PRICELESS haha πŸ™‚ Esp. when she finds out I booked the IUD removal appointment back in September and started taking prenatals in October.. hahaha

Also, as excited as DH is, I can only talk about it so much with him without completely overwhelming him. I’ve gone a little pinterest crazy and research things like mad, and it’s a little too intense for him right now. He’s only just adjusted to/accepted the fact we’re going to be trying. One thing at a time with him πŸ˜›

Post # 58
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Planning to start TTC after our April wedding. The last day of my BC is the day we get back from our honeymoon, so it’ll be onto baby planning right after the wedding….

I know nothing about TTC or babies or anything, but I think these boards will be a lot of help πŸ™‚

Post # 59
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

View original reply
lovechocolate:  That sounds like an amazing birthing center. Thanks for getting back to me with the details, I hope everything with the insurance goes smoothly.

Post # 60
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

How is yalls thoughts on feeling ready? We are ttc and excited but then sometimes i freak out like are we really doing this? Are we crazy? Lol Everyone always says if you wait till your ready it will never happen bc you will never feel completely ready for unknown territory. Whats yalls thoughts?

The topic ‘Starting TTC in 2016 chat’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors