(Closed) Starting TTC in 2016 chat

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 61
658 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: Stonehouse at Stirling Ridge

View original reply
Mrs.Huffman:  I think no one is ever ready complelely ..obviously you try to be as ready as possible financially but im talking about physically and mentally I think you adjust and once you know you have a baby on the way it makes the adjustment easier… I’ve never been pregnant but do plan on TTC with Darling Husband this year but I feel like the moment I know I’ll be carrying our baby the world will stop and anything and everything I do will be with baby in mind. 

Post # 62
301 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Mrs.Huffman:  my husband just asked me the other night if I felt ready and of course I said yes. I really do and we’ve been wanting kids for two years now but getting through the wedding, going through job changes etc. He, on the other hand, laughed and said he’d never be ready, which everyone always says, but we both agree the timing is right. I am worried about morning sickness, a healthy pregnancy of course but I know we are financially stable, have a good relationship and we’ll be great parents.

Post # 64
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2015

My husband and I are going to start trying probably in December! We thought about trying in May, but decided it would be better to wait a few months due to school schedules and life in the meantime!  We’re excited though and so many of our conversations are “when we have kids”. 

We don’t really have any names right now, and will be team green! 

We’ve been working to be at our healthiest and we’ve both been taking folic acid actually  – there’s a lot of research that shows that a man taking folic acid can help prevent chromosomal issues, such as Downs Syndrome.  

I think we’re as ready as we can be – although I know I’ll miss sleeping!  

Post # 65
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
Mrs.Huffman:  That part is so hard. We’ve been talking about starting this summer but then last night I kept thinking “maybe we’ll just put it off until October or November…” I go back and forth all the time!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  aquarius_91.
Post # 66
301 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
aquarius_91:  SAME!! I’m Maid/Matron of Honor for a friend in August. Truth is I’ve already put off TTC by four months for her. We were going to start trying now in Jan and she didn’t out right say it but it was clear she was mad I was going to be a “step ahead of her again”. WTF…I’m still bitter about it. Being (at most) 5 mos pregnant was a compromise of sorts.

Post # 67
836 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I am gettting off the pill after this pack is done, so next week!!! yeyyyy!! I’ve been on it for 15 years, and I’m so ready to get off! Ideally we would start TTC in February, but Darling Husband will be out of town for work for the beginning of it.  Not sure if he will be in town for when I ovulate or not, since there is no telling what my body will do without BC!

I’ve been taking a prenatal for about 2-3 months now.  I just switched brands though.  I am now doing the naturemade with DHA.  No side effects that I’ve noticed yet, and it’s been about 2 weeks.  As far as other preprations, I really need to start exercising.  But I’ve been having alot of neck pain, and just started physical therapy for it, so that makes it hard to exercise.  I’m such a planner and have alot of anxiety, so I’ve already been reading and researching books.  Someone on the Bee suggested Taking Charge of your Fertility, so I’ve been reading that.  I’ve been researching what books to read while pregnant.  I had to make myself stop doing that!

We wanted to start TTC earlier on, but my short-term disability didn’t kick in until Jan 1, so we did not want to try until that would be in effect for when I am on maternity leave.

Baby names, if we have a girl, we are going to name her Blakely Marie.  For a boy, I think we like Sean Cooper but call him Cooper.  The girl’s  name is 100% though!

Post # 68
310 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MrsLeb:  Yes, exactly! I’m seriously planning around this wedding in November, like looking at estimated due date calculators and seeing how far along I could be. I just got married in October and I would have been ecstatic if any of my friends were pregnant. I think 5 months is a more than fair compromise!

View original reply
natbrown0703:  That’s so soon, how exciting!! I’m already crazy distracted and we’re several months out yet…haha

Post # 69
1444 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

View original reply
aquarius_91:  I’ve been flip flopping as well. In all seriousness we are going to NTNP for a while and then TTC in October/November if a blessing hasn’t ocurred before then. I’m still terrrified about all the uncertainty but like the other bees said I’m as ready as I possibly can be.

Plus my Darling Husband has baby fever and when I mention pushing the NTNP date back he shuts it down, which I find quite comical because he has started trying to be more aware of my ovulation days. 

View original reply
natbrown0703:  Your month is quickly approaching! Soon you’ll be on the POAS boards.

Post # 70
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

We just started trying this past week while on honeymoon. I’m nervous because my husband tried conceiving in a previous marriage with no luck (they tried for under a year…breakup was unrelated) and his ex has 2 kids now in a new relationship…so hubby got tested and was diagnosed with low motility. He’s been on clomid for over a year (50mg daily) and is making an appointment soon to check on things. His last checkup showed improvement from the clomid. 

But, I’m still worried, naturally. Having kids means so much to me and I try not to fear the worst but it’s hard. 

I picked up some Walgreens brand O strips today and am starting them today on cycle day 14. My Glow app says O will be on CD 17- 3 days from now! My OPK strip showed a barely there line. Looking forward to seeing a change over the weekend. 

Also want to add that i have been off birth control for over 10 years. In my previous 9 year relationship all the way up until this week with Darling Husband, I’ve used the pullout method. It’s such an odd and foreign feeling not having my husband pull out- but so freeing and I find it a major turn on (anyone else?) I guess for those who were on the pill, were used to it. 

Anyway, I’m glad to be posting here! It feels like just yesterday I was a lurker on the ring boards 🙂 Time flies when life is good!!

Post # 71
1444 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
carmenere620:  Welcome, and good luck with TTC this month.  Hopefully you and your Darling Husband wont have too much trouble since he’s been on clomid for over a year. Fingers crossed and sending you plenty of baby dust.

And ditto to not pulling out being such a turn on and oh so freeing, I can’t wait! 

Post # 72
1444 posts
Bumble bee

Do any of you ladies feel a burning desire to travel? Not just regaulr leaisure travel but active traveling that requires long road trips or quite a bit of walking/hiking? I do, I keep thinking about the trips that I probably wont want to do wiht a little one.

For example, this year for our anniversary we are going to Niagra falls and we paln on doing quite a bit of walking. And for Darling Husband birthday I plan on taking him to the Joshua Tree National park. And for my bday in July I’m thinking of taking a trip to Arizona.

Anyone else packing their itenerary a bit before TTC or NTNP?

Post # 73
54 posts
Worker bee

We are going to start ntnp on our honeymoon which will be the end of June. I have the paragard (copper) iud which I’ll have removed shortly before we leave. We’re cautiously excited. We live in an urban area in a 1 bedroom apartment, and we considered waiting to ttc until we live in a more suburban/bigger place, but we decided that we love the city and are capable of having a baby in our current place and we don’t want to wait! As long as we live in a desirable district by the time the kid is 4, we are ok with starting our family where we are now.

I’m starting to figure out a good fitness routine to tone up for our hm and to get myself in the best shape I can. I plan to start eating healthier and taking prenatals asap. I’ll cut back on alcohol but won’t stop completely till we are pregnant or if we have trouble conceiving. Coffee is off limits; they can pry my cup from my cold, dead hands haha.

As far as names go…no decisions yet. We like old, timeless names: Paul, Henry, George, Anthony, and Vincent for boys and Cora, Rose, Cecilia, Gabriella, and Mae for girls 🍼😇

Post # 74
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Coastal Maine inn

Hi bees! Darling Husband and I (33 and 29, respectively) are just starting the TTC process — I’ve been off the pill for a week now (EEP!), and we plan to not actively “try” (as in, no charting or ovulation testing, just having sex when we feel like it) until July. If we’re not successful by then, we’ll start getting more serious about it. I’m really nervous about TTC, and I think this time to adjust to it without any pressure will help me be more relaxed. You spend so much time trying to avoid getting pregnant, getting used to actually TRYING to will take some time for me! 

So far I’m just working on being healthy — I’ve lost 50 pounds over the last year, and I’m working on losing the last 25 now, so exercising regularly and eating only unprocessed foods. I take a multi-vitamin and a folic acid supplement every day (will switch to prenatals when my multi runs out). I’m cutting back on alcohol, but won’t cut it completely until I get a positive. 

We’re not totally set on names yet, but we do love Nathaniel (Nate) and Elizabeth (Eliza). Timeless names that sound as good on a baby as they do on an adult, professional person, i.e., the president, an astronaut, Noble Prize-winning author, the next Einstein, etc. etc. 🙂

Post # 75
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

We’re going to start TTC in April. I wanted to wait until I was done with school before having a baby. I finally finished last July (graduation ceremony in December), but I wanted one last big trip before we started. Travelling will be possible, but more difficult after we have babies. I was thinking of TTC before the trip, so that I’m only a few months when we go. We’re going to Japan in April (to hopefully see the cherry blossoms) and I decided I’d rather not be pregnant in Japan (sake and sushi lol). But we’ll start TTC while we’re there. I do have a timeframe in mind of when I can be pregnant (sis is getting married in Hawaii May 2017). 

To prepare myself….I’ve been looking into pre-natal vitamins, but I haven’t found one that has good enough reviews for me. I also need to lose weight  my BMI is around 24, which is still considered healthy when TTC, but I’d rather be 15-20lbs lighter (closer to my wedding weight). 

As for names, there haven’t been any we can agree on lol. Darling Husband wants Bruce (after Bruce Wayne/Batman) -___- 

There are no girl names we are in love with.

The topic ‘Starting TTC in 2016 chat’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors