(Closed) Starting TTC in 2016 chat

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 76
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

HI Ladies! I am SO excited to be posting in this board! My fiance and I are going to start trying this year! We are getting married in October but wouldn’t mind being pregnant a few months before the wedding but then again, I don’t want to be sick and tired on my wedding day. We will most likely try right after we are married. I also would love to announce a pregnancy at Christmas but, I know it takes time to get pregnant. As far as names go, we both agree on a boys name John Brady but girl names we arent agreeing. He likes Mykayla but I love Bellamy, Ive been obsessed with that name forever! 

Post # 77
1445 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

cantwaittobemrsp:  Hi, welcome! I love your logic about the urban lifestyle. Kids just need to be in a desireable school district by 4 and before then you’ll be doing the pre-school/daycare thing so no need to pusch your timeline because of space or area. 

BowTiedKangaroo:  Hi, welcome to the group. How exciting that you’re off to the races–sending all my positive vibes your way. I agree with you regarding the pressue, we are planning to take the same approach and hopefully end up wiht a pleasan surprise. Are you guys planning on being team green?

Oh and major congrats on the healthy lifestyle and weight loss. If you don’t mind me asking what have you found that works for you…specifically the workouuts or physical activity routines.

katievee:  Japan sounds so fun…MMMmm and I can only imagine how tasty the food will be.

I’m 5’3 and I’m in the process of loosing weight as well it seems like 10-15 lbs makes such a huge difference on people of shorter stature. Hopefully the motivation of Japan and the baby will keep you going as you’re trying to shed a few lbs. Have you already started your healthy living regimen? I’m starting a 7 day juicing cleanse on Monday to help reset my body from all the junk I ate over the holidays.

Post # 78
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Coastal Maine inn

BreezyBride24:  Thanks for the welcome! I’m TERRIBLE with surprises, so I think we’ll definitely find out the sex as early as possible when the time comes, although I think being team green would be so fun. I just don’t have the patience/will power to wait! 

On the weight loss front, I did/continue to do Weight Watchers, which I can’t recommend enough. I got married in October, and my dress needed to be altered from a bridal 18 to a bridal 10! I still have more work to do, but taking control of my health like that is one of the best things I ever did. And no, I’m not shilling for WW ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 79
836 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

BowTiedKangaroo:  I’ve thought about joining weight watchers.  Do you just do the points counting, or do you go to meetings as well? Can’t you eat anything you want but just stay under your point goal?

Post # 80
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Coastal Maine inn

natbrown0703:  Yup, that’s the idea – you just log all your food and count the points, so you can eat whatever fits within that (three super healthy meals, or saving points for a chocolate cake splurge!). I don’t do meetings, just the online/app program. 

Post # 81
524 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Hi everyone! I’m joining in too!  I’ve been off BC since the end of November and so far *fingers crossed* my cycles have been normal. Completely normal. I haven’t noticed anything about my body being different than when I was on BC- no weight gain/loss, no acne etc and my cycles have been 28-29 days. 

We are going to start TTC the end of March/beginning of April. 

I started charting and taking prenatals. Today I finally noticed some heavy EWCM; that was the one thing I was getting worried about.  

Post # 82
2398 posts
Buzzing bee

Hi again everyone! Does anyone have any recommendations for basal body temp thermometers? Even though we’re not TTC until November, I have irregular periods and want to start temping/charting now to get an idea of whether there might be something wrong with my cycle prior to actually TTC (and before a Dr.’s appointment I have scheduled to discuss TTC in a few months). 

I did a quick amazon search, and there seem to be hundreds!!! Many look very, very reasonably priced (like, under $10), but others are much more expensive. Even reading reviews hasn’t really helped since they’re all pretty highly rated, and the sheer number of reviews is making it a bit tough. 

Any personal recommendations you guys can give? Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 83
773 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Carmen\'s Lakeview

katievee:  My sister-in-law’s dad’s name is Bruce Wayne. lol

Post # 84
836 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Soon2bmrs1:  I ordered this one from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003SLX2NU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00 I only started using it this morning, but it seems pretty good.  Takes about 30 seconds, and beeps 10 times when it is done.  It also shows the previous reading for like one second when you turn it back on.  Which will be great for weekends when I don’t want to get out of bed at 6am to see it!

Post # 86
1210 posts
Bumble bee

We are going to TTC later this year. We definitely are waiting (and being very careful in preventing) until after September, as we have a wedding to attend in the Mexico/Caribbean area and don’t want to risk anything with the Zika virus. 

We use NFP, but I am going to make an appointment at the end of the summer with a nurse-midwife to get on prenatals and find a birthplace that is a good fit for us. Then we can start trying in Dec/Jan timeframe! Hopefully getting pregnant will be quick, as I am very familar with my cycles because we have been TTA by charting for nearly 3 years.

Post # 87
41 posts
Newbee

I was going to start TTC end of next month/early March but Zika is throwing a wrench in that. I am going on a vacation so now we have to push it back one month. Just that is driving me crazy! My SO and I were counting down for so long that even a one month change is really sad to us. Oh well, better than the scary alternative! 

Post # 88
301 posts
Helper bee

Hi bees! I updated the waiting to ttc board as well but dh and i just returned from honeymoon and HOLY EFFIN MOLY baby fever hit. I was finishing a pill pack and planned on starting another next week but we decided to have me stop the pill. Ive been on prenatals for months and have been given the go ahead by my doc already so we are ntnp after I get my period. Eeek! I am so freaking excited and can’t tell anyone else in my life so I couldn’t wait to post here! lol

Post # 89
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

MrsLeb:  Exciting! I can share your excitment as I have just finished BC and we are NTNP too! We will start actively TTC after our wedding this summer ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s hard not being able to talk to family & friends but we want to keep it to ourselves for now and suprise them if/when we get a bfp!

Post # 90
1411 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Hi. I’d like to post too. I’m getting married in May and will TTC around then. I’m 40 so the whole process is extremely hard for me to get my head around. I haven’t been in the position before to try for a baby but having taken so long I feel all my friends have long passed me by (they mostly have children aged between 9 and 6) and it’s quite hard to believe someone like me could ever actually be a mum. I desperately want us to be able to have a family, but we have so little time if we come up against problems. I find it all very scary yet at the same time day-to-day I’m chilled about it and not at all consumed with the baby fever I read about. All quite weird maybe…! Maybe once we’re married everything will fall into place. On the practical side I’ve done nothing except take some mega vitamins for the last few months, and generally keep fit and healthy. I didn’t want tests done because at this stage in my life I’m not sure they’d change anything. I’m actually still on the pill as I know so many women who got pregnant immediately after missing a few pills, but I just don’t know if that’s the right course at all. Nice to read everyone’s stories. ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Starting TTC in 2016 chat’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors