(Closed) Starting TTC in 2016 chat

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 106
658 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: Stonehouse at Stirling Ridge

So excited to be joining this board! Darling Husband and I are currently in the process of looking for a home to purchase, we’re pre approved and all so the next few weekends will be filled with lots of house viewing and open houses 🙂 . Hopefully we will find something in the next month or two. We plan on actively starting to TTC in September, after our 1 year anniversary, GAHH !! I can barely believe that it’s already been 6 months since the wedding, only 6 months till we start TTC and time feels like its flying by ! I will beging taking pre natals in June or July. 

Post # 107
1445 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

cristinamarie92: Hi, welcome to the board and congrats on the recent nuptuals! We’re excited to have you…you are so right time has been flying. 

The home buying process is such a fun,exciting, stressful experience all balled into one—I hope you and your hubby find a good fit soon.

We actually bought our home 4 years ago, but we are lookign to upgrade to another area later this year. In one breath I’m super excited and in the other I’m dreading the whole process. We are planning to start looking when/if we concieve but we’re open to lookng before that point based on what the housing market is doing. The houses here in Cali are expensive so we are trying not to buy at an absolute peak price.

Post # 108
658 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: Stonehouse at Stirling Ridge

BreezyBride24:  I Totally understand, Hubby and I live in the tri state area in NJ and the houses go so fast especially during the spring/summer months. Our realtor was telling us that because of the upcomming election they had a surge in sales and even the winter was busy for them so I’m guessing everyone is concerned about interest rates etc. Hopefully we will be able to find something sooner rather than later! 

Good luck on your search for an upgrade and TTC ! 🙂 

Post # 109
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

We had started planning to TTC last fall, BUT…

When I went in for my annual exam, I got a call back saying it was low grade dysplasia, couldn’t rule out high grade, and that they’d need to perform a colopo and biopsy. When she performed the colpo, she said it looked low-grade, but the results came back high-grade/can’t rule out cervical cancer. We were devastated–even though the odds of the cancer being very bad were small, the treatment would almost certainly cause me to become sterile.

December and most of January were a horrible blur. I had to go in for a cone biopsy (surgery, with general anesthesia, the whole bit) and after an agonizing week, I got a call saying that everything was caught in time and I DID NOT HAVE CANCER.

But if this taught us one thing, it’s that we need to start taking TTC seriously NOW if we want this to happen. My periods have always sucked, but now that I’ve gone off the pill, they’re worse. I’ve been diagnosed with uterine fibroids in the past, and I’m not sure I’m even ovulating at this point. My periods are irregular, long, and heavy and I have a family history of ovarian cysts. (So, uh, we’re not exactly brainstorming names yet.) Right now I am just trying to stay positive.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  EffieTrinket.
Post # 110
1445 posts
Bumble bee

EffieTrinket:  I’m so sorry to hear about yourmedical issues, but I’m happy to hear you did not have cancer. I’ll send my positive vibes over to you as you enter the TTC journey.

Ladies,

Are any of your hubbys/SOs getting antsy as your TTC month/date approaches? My Darling Husband has crazy baby fever and is even trying to download and sync a fertility calendar with me. I find it so cute but hilarious at the same time. I’m glad he is SO ready, but I can’t help but think about how different things will be.

Post # 111
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

BreezyBride24:  Thanks for the well-wishes. I got my first OPK flashing smiley today, so we will see what happens!

As for Darling Husband, he’s just annoyed that I made him ditch his tighties for boxers! I don’t think he is really taking it very seriously yet, but he has made it clear he’s definitely in the pro-baby camp.

Post # 112
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

ga I can’t believe I can join this board… I thought for a while I’d never want kids… Then baby fever hit me hard. I’ve had a few cervical biopsies, breast tumor, cysts removed, and endometriosis removed…. And all those health concerns are making me quite antsy! I just want to know how long it’s going to take and if everything will be okay! Im not great with patience..

But I’m so glad to be in good company with others that have babies on the mind! I think we’ll start TTC in Sept so I plan to start some prenatals this summer. I workout a lot now and eat pretty healthy but I plan to cut out alcohol and caffeine this summer as well.. 

My biggest question now is when to stop taking the pill to give myself some time to adjust. It wouldn’t be a bad thing to get pregnant before we really start “trying”.. we’re not really waiting for anything other than just being too nervous to start lol 

I’ve just started researching all this TTC and I had no idea how involved and complicated it would be

Post # 113
1445 posts
Bumble bee

EffieTrinket: Congrats on the OPK smiley—can’t wait to see you on the PAOS boards or better yet the pregnancy boards! Just watch in a few months, he’ll be loving boxers and forget what he was ever complaining about.

Runcolorado37:  Hey, welcome! September will be here before you know it. You’re a real trooper to be cutting out alcoholo and caffeine at the same time! I’m not a hig drinker at al, mainly a social one but I find myself jumping on any/every opportuntiy these days as I know my time to “not” be drinking is quickly approaching.

As far as the pill, I’m not sure I would maybe stop when you start taking your prenatals so your body can start regulating itself and get all those hormones out of your system. Are you planning on visiting your gyno beforehand? If so, ask them for some suggesstions on when you should stop.

Oh and I’m right there with you on all the TTC research, it’s so overwhelming but in one sense it makes me want to take the plunge becuase you never know how long it will take for you to brng a healthy baby home.

Post # 114
1445 posts
Bumble bee

I just ordered some of the cheapo pregnancy tests from amazon and I have my digital ones locked and loaded for my POAS days… it’s so surreal being in this position, but so exciting! 

We have also started planning consultations with birthing centers as I’d like to use a midwife/doula and possiblydo an at home birth. My Darling Husband is in the sciences and he is of course a bit skeptical which is understandable so we are mainly going to get educated and get some insight on how our insurance will work.

Oh, and after checking my FF app it looks like I’ll be pretty fertile during our anniversary trip in May which is suppose to be our 1st NTNP month!

Any bees gearing up for APRIL?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  BreezyBride24.
Post # 115
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

@BreezyBride…

Yeah I scheduled a Dr apt for the end of April just to chat with my dr. When I called to schedule they were like “well we have an opening tomorrow morning” I had a serious moment of panic and told her I’m not ready yet… But I should be ready by the end of April! Lol so now I have three weeks to come up with my family medical history and all my questions.

i think there’s a good chance we don’t make it to September… We picked it totally randomly just like “well Q3 of 2016 sounds good” but now I’m feeling like I’m just too anxious to wait! Well I guess I have to wait and see what doc says then rediscuss.

did any bees do a preconception apt? If so did your bring DH? 

Post # 116
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

Hi all. Brand new to all of this, but went off BC last month and we are officially “trying”! I’m attempting to let nature take its course for the first few months, but it’s hard to not get sucked in by all of the science, especially given the fact that we are older and don’t have quite the time we would prefer to have.

Would any of you kind ladies be willing to give me a rundown of some of the acronyms used around here? I’ve figured out BCP, TTC and a few others, but I’m clueless on OPK, POAS, NTNP, BFP and many others. Thank you!

Post # 117
2395 posts
Buzzing bee

islabride2016:  Welcome!

OPK – Ovulation prediction (or predictor) kit (can help you determine whether and when you’re ovulating)

POAS – Pee on a stick (testing to see if you’re pregnant or not)

NTNP – Not trying, not preventing (not actively trying to get pregnant, but also not doing anything specific to prevent pregnancy)

BFP (and BFN) – Big fat positive (big fat negative – whether you’re pregnant or not!) 

ETA: I went off BC last month as well. We’re tempting and charting to prevent pregnancy until later this year, but I’m taking folic acid, working out, eating healthier, and cutting back on caffiene and alcohol just in case. 🙂 It’s a very fun and exciting time here, and these boards are fabulous! 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Soon2bmrs1.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Soon2bmrs1.
Post # 118
1445 posts
Bumble bee

Runcolorado37:  Oh well that’s good! Your doctor will definitely be able to give you a better idea of when you should toss the pill. I’ve actually been off BC for over a year at this point because none of my options were really agreeing with my body. That being said–I think I’m as regulated as I’ll ever be.

I did do a preconception appt, but didn’t bring Darling Husband. I actually scheduled a physical for him and noted we were going to start TTC soon. Everything checked out and for the last few months I’ve had him taking one a day mens vitamins. The only appointments he’ll be going to with me are the consultations for the birthing centers. I didn;t really plan it out this way, it just happened.

islabride2016:  Welcome! Good luck with letting nature take its course, we’re going to be doing the same thing fir at least 6 months–if you don’t mind me asking why do you feel like you don’t have much time?

Post # 119
1445 posts
Bumble bee

Soon2bmrs1:  You are so right! These boards are great and distract me from lurking on the other TTC/Pregnancy boards.

Post # 120
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

Soon2bmrs1: Thank you! Very helpful.

BreezyBride24, I’m nearing 37, so I’m feeling the age limitation thing. I know it’s possible, but I also know a lot of friends and family members who have had trouble conceiving, and I want to be realistic that it may not happen right away, or without some help, so I want to leave as much time as possible.

And apparently I also need help with how to tag people in replies!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  islabride2016.

The topic ‘Starting TTC in 2016 chat’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors