(Closed) Statitory_Grape! (Or other 11.11.11 brides)

posted 8 years ago in November 2011
Post # 3
2588 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Gorgeous! You’re going to look like a princess. πŸ™‚ I love how well your rings go together, too.

I’m a totally unconventional bride, haha. Here’s my dress (will change the neckline a bit): and my e-ring:

So sorry for the hugeness of the pics!

Post # 4
2588 posts
Sugar bee

Also, I’m thinking snow white for the bridesmaids.

Post # 6
2588 posts
Sugar bee

Ha, cute! I love that knight. I don’t even know if we’ll be using a cake topper…we’re doing a 40s vintage theme because the hardships during that time fit in so well with our current budget crisis, lol. That, and it’s a wonderful homage to our grandparents, who were married during that era (my Grandma got married right in 1945). πŸ™‚

Those shoes are really cute and look comfy, too! Here’s the pair I’ve been lusting after for myself, if they’ll ever come back in stock: http://www.polyvore.com/morning_train_heel-mod_retro_indie/thing?id=15529352

I’m planning on sending Save-The-Date Cards (lol, that sounds so weird) in about February, I think, since we have a lot of out of town guests. Here’s the back:

Fonts used are Selfish (for the text) and Outlaw (for the “Post Card”), both on dafont.com. πŸ™‚ Love that site. I’m a font addict.

Post # 8
2588 posts
Sugar bee

Thanks! I’m really happy with how they turned out. I’m starting to work on invitation styles, but am not quite sure where I want to go with those yet.

You can probably make the magnet ones yourself–Michaels and Hobby Lobby sell magnets, I think, and you can just attach them with superglue or something. πŸ™‚

I’m lucky–a friend of mine (also a BM) is a good seamstress and is recreating my dress from a pattern from the early 50s, so no worries there! My mother HATES that I’m wearing green, but I don’t care. πŸ˜‰

I’ll be walking to “Moonlight Serenade” by Glenn Miller and the Wedding Party will be walking to “Perfidia” (also by Mr. Miller). I’m a little worried about our sound–we’re doing an iPod wedding to save money–but it should be okay…do you have your processional figured out yet?

Post # 9
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Is that dress a pattern? I’m looking for a pattern for that style of dress, I’ve decided to wear a dress in that style in white for my rehearsal since I’m not wearing white at my wedding. (btw, I’m also an 11/11/11 bride :P)

Post # 10
2588 posts
Sugar bee

Yep, it’s a pattern–I can’t remember the number off-hand, but I’ll message you when I get in touch with my Bridesmaid or Best Man if you’d like. πŸ™‚ I’m fairly sure it’s a Vogue one, though, so it shouldn’t be terribly hard to find.

Oh, another colored-dress bride? What color are you wearing?

Post # 12
2588 posts
Sugar bee

The processional is the song you walk down the aisle to. πŸ™‚

Dude, so do I, don’t worry. And I saw a post titled “Does anyone else not have STDs?” and I giggled a bit. I just used Microsoft Paint…haha! I’m so cheap. I printed them on our printer, though in your case (if you’re not using a textured paper) getting them printed at Kinko’s, etc. would be a good idea for a smoother look. With mine, I didn’t care that the ink came out uneven–it was part of the echarm!

I wanted to wear my grandma’s wedding dress but I’m built SO differently–short and while not big, curvy; she was tall and willowy.

I just love it, though…so glamorous and beautiful. Sorry, I’m being a TOTAL picwhore today.

Post # 13
26 posts
Newbee

@Statutory Grape:

I am wearing pink πŸ˜€

this is my dress (well at least the drawing my seamstress has done so far)

Post # 14
2588 posts
Sugar bee

Love it! It has a very saloon-girl feel. πŸ™‚

Post # 15
26 posts
Newbee

I went to the vogue pattern site and found several patterns that will work. Thanks for the tip πŸ˜€

Post # 16
2588 posts
Sugar bee

No problem. Vogue patterns are the bomb.

The topic ‘Statitory_Grape! (Or other 11.11.11 brides)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors