Post # 1
My fiance and I moved back into my parents house a few years ago so that I could focus only on school. We also have a 4 year old so it gets crowded in this house. I’m VERY grateful for my amazing parents, but we do clash sometimes. I’m about to finish school (yay!) so we were planning on moving out sometime in October. I wanted to get married ASAP and have a small wedding, since we’ve been together for so long and already have a child. But my fiance wants his whole family there so we’re doing it that way.
We could move out now, but that means we wont be able to save as much money for the wedding…so we wouldn’t get married until 2013 (probably summer, depending on availibility.)
We can stay living with my parents for a few more months, save more money much faster, and get married in December or January. BUT it would be very stressful trying to plan a wedding so soon. and we both want to lose atleast 40lbs before the wedding..and we definitely won’t be able to do that by December lol. But I’m just so ready to get married..
That seems like it would be the best option, but we’re going crazy living here lol we just want a space of our own and it’s ALL we talk about anymore. But on the other hand, if we stay here it’s JUST for a few more months.
What should we do?? What would you personally do in this situation?
Post # 3
Move out…It’s not fair on your parents….They have a right to enjoy their own home with no clashing. i think they have been more than generous with letting you stay there whilst you finish school.
Also I think your baby would like his own space, as a family.
There is no problem with holding off your wedding for a while…Your relationship isn’t going away, so there is no hurry.
I don’t mean for this to sound rude….It’s just my opinion
Post # 4
I think you should suck it up and stay a few more months and get married sooner. Set a timeline, live like your broke and save every penny. But stick with the timeline. Knowing when move out day is will be good motivation to saving as much as possible. I planned a wedding in 4 months. Stressful but totally doable. Why not spring 2013? Why this winter or next summer? Maybe that would be a more realistic wedding date.
Post # 5
I planned our wedding in six months and my mom thought that was crazy cause she planned hers in three. Totally possible! Also, making marriage contingent on weight loss isn’t always the greatest idea, if you want to get married in the next year!
I say, suck it up, live with the parents another few months, and move out after the wedding.
Post # 6
How about saving money and moving out when you’re close to your ideal weight? It’s nice to have a little extra money saved up.
Post # 7
I’d move out now. If you weren’t “clashing”, then I’d say stay for just a little while longer, since December isn’t too far away.
Post # 8
- Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL
I vote for a third option: stay a few more months to save up more money and then get married in summer of 2013. Unless you’re having knock down drag out fights that are permanently damaging your relationship with your family, then I say move out ASAP and get married later.
Post # 9
This is the battle I have with myself in my head on a daily basis. We currently live with FI’s parents. We don’t clash and I’ve enjoyed my time staying here with them. We are currently saving to put a downpayment on a house and hope to be moving by next summer. His mom doesn’t want us to move out lol.
With that said, we aren’t getting married until 2014 to give us enough time to save up more money for a wedding. I’m terrified though that with buying a house it will be incredibly hard to save up for the wedding we want and I’m not sure what to do. I mean we’re not being kicked out and we are plenty welcome to stay but I feel like getting married and still living with the folks afterward is a bit weird.