Post # 1
I am getting ready to put together some save the dates and have some questions about them, and I figured who better to ask than the bees! Here we go:
1) We want to include a picture but didn’t have/not interested in doing engagement photos. Is it dumb to put a “regular” pic (aka non professional) on the STDs?
2) Should hotel info be included on Save-The-Date Cards or wait til the invites go out? We aren’t doing a website so we’d have to put specific hotel info…on that note…
3) Is it silly to have a website JUST for hotel info? I don’t really care to put up a story of how we met, bridal party, etc…mainly because everyone who wants to know already knows that stuff. However, maybe it’d be easier just to put the website on an STD so people can get hotel info?
I don’t knowwwww and the more I think about it the less sure I am! Help! 🙂
Post # 3
1) no, but it needs to be a nice picture. Crop out odd things in the background, no red eyes, etc.
2)No hotel info yet.
3) A website is nice to have for some guests. I think its a good idea. It can be bare. If you have one, make sure to put it on the STD.
Good luck! I hope this helps…
Post # 4
Is there a reason you don’t want to do e-pics? We found our photog on Craigslist and she worked out great (and it was like $60)
Hotel info depends on how many Out of Town guests you will be having, and the distance they will be traveling. Also, if your wedding is going to be at the same time as any events in your town, they may need to book early.
You can put lots of different things on the webiste, really just depends on the type of event you want to have. There are lots of samples out there, and probably even a few people that would be willing to let you check theirs out.
Post # 5
Thanks! We haven’t done epics for several reasons (planning from oot, Fiance traveling a LOT for work, holidays, saving $,etc.), but a few of our friends are “hobby” photographers and have said they would take a few pics for us, so that could be nice.
More than half of our guests will be local, but we are getting married in a big football town right in the middle of the season. Our hotel has reserved a block of rooms, so as long as they book before the cutoff date that shouldn’t be a huge problem.
I’d love to see examples of more “sparse” wedding websites if anyone wants to share!
Thanks again for your advice ladies! If anyone else has any words of wisdom, I’d be very grateful to hear them 🙂
Post # 6
Well, mine is a work in progress. But we aren’t having a bridal party… and I am sure our website is more scarce than most.
I have written mine like I speak, Sort of conversationish. I will PM you a link : )
Post # 7
We had my mom take a picture of us for our Save-The-Date Cards. I made a website through mywedding.com, and all I have on there is directions, hotel & registry info. So far I’ve gotten all positive feedback!
Post # 8
@Mrs.Snickerdoodle: Thank you! I think I’ll end up doing a website with the same info you have, just for convenience. Glad to hear you’ve gotten positive feedback!