(Closed) Return Address Etiquette – need advice / opinions :)

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 4
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Gosh, I don’t know if it matters. You should definitely put a name though. My best friend just had her name because she was the one receiving them. Honestly, I have never read that part of an RSVP too closely so I wouldn’t put too much though into it. Just pick something and go with it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
6597 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Just put yours and your FIs I don’t think anyone will notice!

Post # 7
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

If it helps,  I had my invitations made by a graphic designer on etsy and she put my name and address (I also live with FI) on the RSVP postcard – no questions asked…so I just went with it!

Post # 8
1816 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I would just put your own address and your name (and FI’s since he lives with you), since you are handling the RSVPS.  Fiance and I live together and my parents are hosting the wedding.  Our return address says: MyFirstName and HisFirstName and our address. 

Post # 9
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@Jordyn- No last names?

Post # 10
343 posts
Helper bee

I dealt with this when I made our STDs!  I just put my name in the return address spot.  I will be the one keeping track of them, even though we live together — it just looks a little neater or something. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
2463 posts
Buzzing bee

this is actually funny–we just worked through this with our invitation proofs. fi and i live together, and i had put both our names (first and last) on the address for the rsvp cards, but fmil asked me to just list my name. very victorian of her (which is weird bc she’s never expressed discomfort that we do live together), but i didn’t feel like arguing with her, and fi didn’t care, and i didn’t feel it was important enough to put my foot down over. if no one cares, i say put both. if someone’s parents would be offended, just put yours

Post # 12
1585 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I am going to have my parents name on it but have my address on it.  That way I get the RSVP’s.

Post # 13
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

If you are taking care of the RSVP’s, I think it should be addressed to you or both to you and your fiance. 

Post # 14
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I just put my name and my address.  I didn’t put my fiance on it.

The topic ‘Return Address Etiquette – need advice / opinions :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors