Post # 1
Fiance and I are in the process of ordering our STDs. We have a solid guest list with one exception: I have relatives who live in South America that I am hoping can come. Unfortunately, this depends on many factors: can they get a Visa? Do they have enough money to buy a plane ticket? Are they coming to my wedding or my brothers? (My brother is getting married 3 mo. after me). I’ve been hounding my mom to try to get definite answers from the family, but it takes time for the Visas to be granted and paperwork to be finished.
Right now our guest list is 75 max; and 10 of those are family members in South America whom we are waiting on…in the meantime, I have a few couples on a side list who I’d love to invite if my family can’t make the trip. I know I should only send the STDs to people I am 100% sure are invited- so for right now, should I just send STDs out to them? and then send another wave out when I find out the status of my out-of-the-country relatives? Just wondering what other people may have done, I don’t want people to feel bad or know that they are invited only because I had family members unable to make it. Long story short, I guess I am wondering what people do about Save the Dates for “B” List people (ugh I hate that term, sorry, it really just best describes this scenario)
Thanks for any help!
Post # 3
Don’t send any Save the Dates to the B list group. If for some reason you can’t accommodate them, you’re still stuck sending them an invite (per etiquette) and what if they say yes as well?
Post # 5
this! Its not 100% neccessary to send save the dates.
I also have a feeling that the extra couples would understand that you only have so much room and that obviously your family takes first priority!
Post # 6
I personally would only send STDs to the people that you 100% can accomodate. I wouldn’t send them to people on the B list. We had people on our B list and they were almost all local, so there wasn’t a pressing need to get them a STD since they didn’t need to make travel plans.
Post # 7
Don’t send them to people if there is ANY chance they won’t be invited. If they are local, just send the wedding invitation if they end up being invited. 1-2 months is usually enough time to make the arrangements if they don’t have to travel far.
Post # 8
- Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry
Is your 75 max due to venue capacity? If so, I wouldn’t overinvite, but since there are usually regrets, you *might* want to send save the dates to everyone. If 75 is your venue max, then just wait it out. Guests always understand that family invites come first.
Post # 9
75 max was a number that we picked, which puts us at the top of our budget, so we really don’t want to go over.
Thansk for all the help!
Thats a great point, most of the guests who are on our B List are people who are local, so 1-2 months would be give them a lot of time.