- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
So my wedding was 8/21 and it was the most amazing day of my life. I put alot of time, effort and money into it and the things that went wrong were things I couldn’t totally control, but for some reason I can’t stop thinking about them. After a minor meltdown the night of, I recovered quickly and had the best night of my life..Now that it is 3 weeks later, I just left to think..Things that went wrong:
1) The Lobster Bisque was watered down – not creamy and rich like the food tasting!
2) We did a grandparents montage during a grandparents dance as a tribute – the pictures of my grandfather somehow made it into mine and the groom’s montage – so that threw me off during our first dance when it was being played – and then in the grandparents montage, my grandfather was not part of it.
3) The centerpieces were not totally as I imagine – The calla lilies were droopy – Probaly had something to do with the fact they started setting up at 10am and the wedding was at 7:30.
4) The friggin cake had bright orange calla lilies on it instead of pink..It’s Carlos Bakery – the friggin Cake Boss on TLC so you would think it would be done right…I cried when I saw the cake…I did contact them and they are going to work with me to to something (possiblfy get some money back).
The above things are minor..probably not noticed by guest…the last two worst things…
5) My mom left a card on my table with one thousand dollars in cash in it..I never got it..so i’m sure it was stolen..i am partly mad at her..who brings 1,000 in cash to a wedding…just upset that the money is gone
6) during the last half hour there was a fight between my husbands cousin and a childhood friend from growing up – it basically ruined the end of the wedding – now we will not be going to the friends wedding in november and probably not talk to him again…just pissed the wedding ended like that…
So I don’t know…I’m bummed this stuff happened….most people probably didn’t notice most of it..but the perfectionist I am it still bothers me….
Anyone else still thinking of things that bother them?