(Closed) Stop & Shop flowers

posted 9 years ago in Flowers
  • poll: What do you think of Stop & Shop (or your local grocery store) flowers?
    I've done that and loved it : (8 votes)
    47 %
    I've done that and hated it : (0 votes)
    I haven't done that but it seems like a good idea : (8 votes)
    47 %
    Seems cheap.... wouldn't do it : (1 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    1428 posts
    Bumble bee

I’ve heard rave reviews about Stop & Shop (and other stores) flowers for weddings. I would totally do it. When I buy flowers for my mum or a friend for a special occasion, I usually go to S&S because I love their selection and the quality of their blooms.

Post # 5
    1962 posts
    Buzzing bee

I’ve seen ones in Sam’s that look fabo!  If you could get the store to get exactly what you want and save money, why not?

Post # 6
    1016 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

I met with the florist at my local Stop and Shop and I am considering going with her – she showed me a few albums full of her work and she has done beautiful stuff.  I don’t know if every grocery store has someone with so much experience (she’s been doing it for almost 20 years) but if you met with a ‘grocery store’ florist you might be pleasantly surprised.  I also met with a full service (for lack of a better word) florist in my town and a lot of his ideas were the same as the florist at Stop and Shop (his quote was actually a bit lower!) so there wasn’t a huge difference in my eyes.  I still haven’t decided what to do yet though…

Post # 8
    3332 posts
    Sugar bee

We put our own bouquets together, but used flowers that we bulk ordered through a local grocery store.  They were easy to work with, helpful, accomodating AND cheap.  We were able to order the flowers at cost, instead of dealing with a huge mark-up from a florist.  We didn’t use flowers in our decor, so the only ones we bought were for bouquets/bouts–but we spent less than $80!!

I think grocery stores are an often overlooked source for flowers! 

Post # 9
    6597 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

That is exactly what I am doing!!!!!

I am working with her she has over 20 years experience the flowers are 50% cheaper than any of the other florists I’ve talked too!

I am excited that I don’t have to compromise on flowers with my small budget!!!! 

Post # 10
    1032 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

We are getting our flowers from costco

They sell bulk flowers online. You can get 100 roses for only $99!! and 150 carnations for $75!

Post # 11
    524 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2009

So far I plan on getting my flowers from some combination of Sam’s Club, online stores, and local grocers or flower markets.

Post # 13
    5154 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

I have actually heard some pretty impressive success stories with people using discount shop flowers. 

Good luck 🙂 

The topic ‘Stop & Shop flowers’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors