Post # 46
A. I was ill and in a lot of pain (I didn’t know it, but I had whooping cough and pleurisy), so if I coughed/laughed/etc., I winced in pain, grabbing my left boob because it hurt so much.
B. The woman I had my hair trial with called to confirm again the day before…for the exact time of my wedding, then couldn’t move me more than an hour and a half before, and lived 20 minutes away. I was actually ok with that, but my ENTIRE family was freaking out and scheduled me for someone in town that morning. My hair looked awful.
C. Our venue, a gorgeous old home in town, assured me it would cool off enough if they turned the air on the afternoon before and left it running all night. It was not. IT WAS SO HOT that most everyone left shortly after the ceremony, apologizing but saying something about how warm they were.
D. Our photographer showed up five minutes before the ceremony and did not get any detail shots of decor, cake table, etc. Only later did I realize she also didn’t take a single posed shot of me and my husband. Not one. Our first anniversary was this weekend, and it made me so sad not to have any photos of us to post anywhere.
E. I had misplaced the cash to pay the waitstaff, so my husband left with his mom to go get cash and didn’t make it back before we had to leave (we had a separate dinner afterward), so I left my wedding with my best friend, not my husband, and sobbed the whole way home.
I’m so happy we’re married, and I love my husband so much, but I definitely do not look back fondly on our wedding.
Post # 47
macpartyoftwo : kw617 :
So effing rude, the both of you.
Post # 48
bahahahaha TT rules! Can I invite her to our wedding? She sounds like so much fun!
i really did laugh out loud to your story.
Post # 49
No disasters at my wedding, but I heard about a couple at the same venue the week before. The couple screwed up and did not have the license. Went ahead anyway, but groom was pissed and HIT the bride on the dance floor in front of everyone.
Post # 50
You couldn’t have waited for your mother?! Jesus Christ!
Post # 51
We paid our cake lady extra to deliver our cake and cupcakes since it was a two hour drive (one way). She gets to our venue and starts to unload when she realizes she forgot our 1,000 mini cupcakes. She drives two hours home to get them. On the way back to our venue, she falls asleep and puts her van in the ditch. She wakes up and finishes driving to our venue. Our cupcakes were a little rough looking to say the least… on the bright side, we still to this day get compliments on how amazing they tasted.
Post # 52
1. Our wedding planner had an assiastant. The assiantant was in charge of handling out music. She started my entrance song to early so it finished when I was 3/4 of the way down the aisle. The next song, for our exit, started to play. We had gone over this during rehearsal.
2. When we had our first dance, the assitant asked us if we wanted to cut the song early because it lasted more than three minutes. We said we’d give her a thumbs up when we were ready for it to be done. She cut it off after barely a minute. DH was really upset about that.
3. Starting after the dances, so around 5:30, the assisstant began to come up to me about every 15 minutes asking if we were ready to end the reception. We had been told we had the space until 8 pm. After she had asked 4-5 times, each time me telling her no, we wanted to stay until 8 pm. The last time she asked I snapped (I know that I shouldn’t have but it was so frustrating, especially since she’d interupt conversations) and told her no, and not to ask again because we weren’t leaving until 8. I found out later she was doing this because they had another wedding the next day and she didn’t want to stayt late for tear-down/set-up.
4. DH’s grandmother and aunt hate DH’s mom because his parents are divorced. When taking photos, they were angrily whispering about how dare we take photos with DH’s mom and step-father. Loud enough for everyone to hear and feel uncomfortable.
5. DH’s grandmother and aunbt were angry that they were placed at different tables. We had set-up a table for our parents and grandparents, his aunt was at the table right beside it. They were so offened at this and the fact the DH’s grandmother was at the same table as DH’s mom that they left before dinner could begin. The excuse was that they had to let their dogs out because they had no idea the wedding would be longer than an hour. They didn’t even want to say goodbye to DH or DH’s dad.
There were a few other minor issues, but these were the big ones. Overall, it was one of the bests days of my life and I remember fondly.
Post # 53
yikes! His aunt and grandmother sound like fun. Did the wedding planner ever apologize for her assistant? They sounded ridiculous
Post # 54
I didn’t tell the wedding planner. I probably should have, but it slipped my mind with all that went on right after the wedding. We’d went away on a honeymoon and came back to find out that my grandmother had passed away. By the time it occurred to me to say something, so much time had passed. The wedding planner herself was absolutely amazing. Everything she did turned out better than I could ever have imagined.
And unfortunately, that is how DH’s grandmother and aunt are. I personally can’t stand them and neither can DH, but we tolerate them for FIL’s sake.