(Closed) Street size 14/16 in wedding dress pictures?

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 32
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m a street size 14 (16 if it’s a fitted dress) and was surprised my wedding size is only an 18 (and evidently i’m perfectly proprotioned? who knew?).

My lower half is my biggest concern.

The wedding dress – sample size 22 but clipped (sorry it’s sideways)

Post # 33
378 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

My strap fell off my shoulder in this one but I think it’s a cute shot anyway…

Post # 34
8247 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m a street sized 14 and here are some of my pictures from my wedding day.

Post # 35
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am a 14/16 street size and this is mori lee in an 18, my biggest concerns were belly, height -only 4’10 🙁 and boobs – 36ff this dress combatted every concern I had and I loved it, especially the bling, I am a magpie – so much so that I am currently strassing my shoes 😀 

Post # 36
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I’m a UK size 14. =]

Post # 36
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I’m 5’4 I weigh 185lbs. I want to order a dress online but I’m afraid if its too small I won’t able to send it back. I have big hips so guys please help me out. An also anybody else order a dress on news dress.com?

Post # 37
180 posts
Blushing bee

You all look so stunning and elegant! I’m currently a size 10/12 at 5’2, and really self-conscious about my size. While I did just start a great fitness regiment and hope to be down a size or two by the time I start dress shopping, seeing how stunning you ladies look helps me feel more confident about dresses in general.

Post # 38
2 posts
Wannabee

If you are a fashion bride, I suggest you go to the Paris Wedding Fashion Week, there gathered the world famous dress designers, you can see a lot of fashionable wedding dresses popular this year, such as  Maggie Sottero Poppy 6MS287  sweetheart neckline Lace And Satin And Organza wedding gown, it gets a lot of rcognition from the designers at the show.,http://www.kamiyabridal.com/maggie-sottero-poppy-6ms287-sweetheart-neckline-lace-and-satin-and-organza-wedding-gown-p-523.html

Post # 39
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

Can we revive this? I’m terrified of shopping for dresses at a street size 14/190 lbs. I’m used to seeing myself as a street size 8/145 lbs and am horrified with my weight gain. I’m 7 months out and know I need to start looking 🙁

Post # 40
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

View original reply
jne131 :  Definitely need to revive! I am at my heaviest at 185 lbs / 5’3″ and desperately want to see other brides my size. Dress shopping terrifies me. 

Post # 41
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2017

View original reply
smalltownbigworld :  hey! I’m also at my heaviest at 182 and I’m only 5’2. I’m used to being  140-145 but with stress this last year I gained. I still purchased my gown though this past May but I was 10 lbs lighter. My gown does have a corset back which I’m hoping will be okay. Sophia Tolli in a size 16. They just called me and it has arrived! I’m picking it up in 3 weeks. I felt stunning in it so don’t worry and just get out there and start looking! You’ll be surprised as to what is out there but don’t look at the number so much because each designer measures differently. 

Good luck! I’m sure you will look great!

Post # 42
2548 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Don’t be insecure. Bigger bodies fill dresses out better, your gonna look great! Look at everybody’s boobies in the pictures posted, they all look like princess Barbie to me. I’m small and short and can’t make cleavage so I’d look like a child pageant contender if I tried to do a princess look. My dress is going to be all cotton in a style that hopefully won’t make me look like a kid, but I’ve already had one friend tell me I was going to look like a doll (not a Barbie though, lol, probably more like a porcelain doll ornament), but I’ve gotten used to people saying things like that to me, I don’t think they intend it to be dispiraging.

Post # 43
1397 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2017 - Ocean front

I ended up buying another dress as the 1st one I bought in Feb was the size I normally am and HOPED I would be again…..bad move!! :+(

I needed to accept that if i can’t lose enough weight,  I’m fine just as I am…..so I ordered another dress in my current size. I’ll be confident and comfortable not trying to squeeze into a dress that is too small and restricting me so that I couldn’t BEND or SIT. I wasnt wanting to put the terrible pressure in the coming months to lose 30 lbs or be DRESSLESS!! LOL

Heres all 203 lbs 5’9″ of me in my new size 16 dress:

Post # 44
1416 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

I’m a size 12, sometimes 14 in street clothes. My dress is a 14 or 16…. it’s a Maggie. I’m 5’9.

The topic ‘Street size 14/16 in wedding dress pictures?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors