- 4 years ago
- Wedding: October 2013 - Dalhousie Castle
Hi October ladies. I hope you are all doing well and feeling ready for your weddings. I am having a bit of a wedding meltdown today so I though we could have a post all about the last minute things that might be driving us insane.
Here’s what’s happing today:
1. Another guest just pulled out of our wedding! We have had about 10 people drop out at the last minute. It’s a small wedding to start with, only 52 adults now, including us, and 7 kids. I am just feeling sick worrying about no shows now. We are having a sit down dinner and it will be really obvious. Not only that but people dropping out has really hurt my feelings. Obviously our wedding is not a priority in their lives. 🙁 I understand the ones that have health issues, or problems at work, but some have giving the most lame ass excuses and its hurtful. I don’t understand why they RSVPed yes if they didn’t really want to come.
2. Fiance might be stuck in another country due to the government shutdown. Our wedding is back in the uk and my FI need to renew his visa while there so he can get back into the USA after the wedding. With the government shutdown they are not really processing visas and passports so he might be stuck in the UK until things are resolved. It’s really bumming me out that we will be newlyweds but be in seperate countries right after the wedding. 🙁
3. My mother is being a bit of a bitch. He response to my worries is to hang up the phone on me. I am not really a whinner usually and just wanted some motherly love. Nope! Her answer is to “just stop worrying about it”, easier said than done.
4. I think all this stress has caused me to eat a little too much and I have put on a couple of pounds. Now my dress is pretty tight and I am worried that it either won’t zip on the day or it will but will be hidiously uncomfortable and cause me to have unsighly bulges because it’s so tight. One of my biggest wedding worries is not looking like a beautiful bride. I am so scared to disappoint everyone, especially my FI.
Any advice, commiserations or symmpathy appreciated!