(Closed) Stupid questions about girdle

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
8943 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

It is the same thing as a bustier.  It is basically like a strapless bra but it goes down to your hips.  Your seamstress will be able to tell you whether you need that or if you can go with just a strapless bra or having cups sewn into your dress.  The price depends on the company, but you can get them for a little over $50.

Post # 5
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Well, the word you used “girdle” generally refers to something that only cinches your waist. A bustier is a bra with a girdle built in, essentially. You can get it with push-up pads or not. I am already a little too blessed upstairs, so I’m getting some lift, but no extra boost. If you generally worry about muffin top or rolls around your waist and back showing in the dress, I would recommend getting one. The waist cincher slims your waist and hips to make the dress lie flat on your body. If that kind of support is too restricting, you can get a supportive strapless bra (either separate, or sewn into your dress) and invest in some smoothing undergarments like Spanx.

I paid about $75 for my bustier, but like I said, I have a lot to rein in upstairs. 🙂

Post # 6
6610 posts
Bee Keeper

I’m getting a long-line bra, which is similar. It’s support but it also smoothes my torso under my corset-topped dress!

Post # 8
30393 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

long line bra:




all in one bra and girdle:


brought to you through the magic of google

The topic ‘Stupid questions about girdle’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors