Post # 1
I’m trying to figure out what sort of necklace I should be looking for… and I really don’t know where to start. I need to figure out what I’m looking for early because I want to find a bargain. 🙂 I don’t need y’all to go out on a treasure hunt for me… Just offer some style suggestions please!
Some things about myself and the wedding that might help:
- I’m kind of a less-is-more sort of person
- It’s a garden wedding in the springtime
- I definitely don’t want colored jewelry
- I’m allergic to earrings (I bleed like crazy!) so I won’t have those
- My veil is basically like the one in the first picture – 30″, simple beaded edge
- My dress is soft lace, all-over beading, but no other embellishments – see picture 2
- I’ll probably be wearing a crystal headband with my loose/curly updo – see picture 3
Sorry about the enormous pictures….
Any suggestions? I sure could use them!
Post # 3
How about a short classic pearl necklace? It would look lovely with your beautful dress.
Post # 4
I would go necklace free! The neckline of your dress is gorgeous and the headband provides enough bling!
Post # 6
I would probably do like an illusion necklace or a very dainty pendant to go with that neckline.
Post # 7
I put on the dress again today, because I decided I just wouldn’t be able to make up my mind unless I saw my options. Found necklaces for every one of the styles y’all suggested and tried them all on.
I decided on a dainty pendant. It just really brought the look together for me, without overpowering the dress. (Even a simple pearl strand didn’t flow well – with the headband, it felt like it was visually chopping me up into sections.) I will be on the lookout here on the classifieds for the perfect pendant! The wedding isn’t until April so if anyone is selling a simple bridal pendant any time in the next 7-8 months, shoot me some pictures. 😉
Thank you so much to everyone for helping me with this!
Post # 8
Yay I voted for small pendant 🙂 🙂 Looks very pretty!
Post # 9
I think a simple pendant will look great! What about a pearl cage pendant? Like this one:
Sorry for the huge picture!
Post # 10
Wow, I have never seen anything like that before. I will ponder on it, and keep my eyes open! 🙂 Thank you!