- 11 years ago
just got married on April 3rd… yay.. After looking back at all the works that lead up to the big event, of course there are mishaps and things that I would change:
1. Hire or pay a friend to be a coordinator. I had a friend that I designated as a coordinator, but she pretty much would not do it at the last minute and I was left with no one. Didn’t think it would matter, but I feel like my vision of wedding did not get accomplished like I wanted. Not good looking back.
2. If you have friends that offered to do something for you, make sure that he/she will follow your vision. I had a friend who offered to do my flowers and decorated my ceremony… looked great but NOTHING like what I wanted. I had made a few lanterns to be a part of decorations and she hid them behind pews away from everyone’s views and it was a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT to not having your proud work displayed.
3. If you have alcohol… make sure to break them out early. We didn’t break out the champagne til later and that’s when everyone decided to get up and dance… when it was almost at the end.
Overall, everyone was happy with the exception of a few people, and in the end all that matters is that we were with the people that loved and supported us. But the few that weren’t happy for us truly were dampers to the happy occasion. So if you can avoid them, do. If not, just ignore them and be happy.
What I can’t change but wished I could have?
1. Make up and hair lady. She did a great job on my hair and make up for the trial, no complaint at all. For the wedding, she was 30 minutes late, didn’t do make my curls as tight as she did during the trial, I asked for smoky eyes and didn’t get it. My two bm also didn’t get what they asked for either.
2. DJ- sounded great on the phone and sounded like he knew exactly what we wanted, but at the wedding, he didn’t stop the music while he is talking, which results in no one able to hear what he said. He also tried to get some games started, which we DID discuss, but the games that he was trying to start was too complicated. Plus he should have waited til some dancing is underway so that people will pay attention to him, he tried to start it in the beginning when no one wants to be the first to do anything. Big mistake.
Hopefully these hints will help someone else with less stressful wedding. =)