(Closed) Summer 2012 wedding, STDs in November…register in time for Christmas?

posted 7 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We actually just sent out our STD’s and our wedding isn’t until May 26, 2012.  Yes that’s right….we JUST sent them out. 😉  We did it because we have about 70%+ guests traveling in from out of town.  I haven’t heard any rules regarding when to register but we are planning to start our registry soon and have it available on our wedding website by October (we both are extremely busy in the fall and early winter so getting the part of setting it up while we have the time to do research is preferred).

We will be registering at Bed Bath and Beyond as they don’t change their inventory too much during the year.  We are also planning on buying a house so we know that some items just can not be put on the registry until we get to that point so we will be sticking with the basics that you listed and will go from their as the date gets closer or our house purchase happens.  We are making a notation of that on our register so guests know to check back if they don’t see something they like.

Don’t wait till right before the wedding..better to get it done a few months prior (before the invites get sent out or a shower is held) to give guests a chance to browse and order stuff.

I don’t think its too gift grabby at all as long as you don’t make it too obvious.  It’s always good to let parents and immediate family like sisters know that you did start one in case family asks.  We know we will be turning them to the registry when they ask what we want for Christmas this year….LOL.  🙂

Post # 4
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Kant: We’re date twins. I have no idea about the registering thing. I was at a bridal expo today and asked somebody from bed bath and beyond and he recommended 6 months out. But we don’t come from families/friends who do much gift exchange at Christmas, so I doubt they would try to by stuff off the registry for that anyway. If we send out Save-The-Date Cards (not sure yet) we’ll probably do it before the end of the year then register in January or so.

The topic ‘Summer 2012 wedding, STDs in November…register in time for Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors