(Closed) summer 2013 bees- when did sh*t start getting REAL for you?

posted 6 years ago in July 2013
Post # 3
1606 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

This week seriously blew up. I am nervous and not yet excited and happy yet. I think I will be after I get a few more things finalized. My officiant just told me ‘no dice’ and I don’t have catering figured out yet. No flower contract yet and he HASN’T even talked to his groomsmen….He’s on it today but ugh.

I am so behind. I get married in Aug and I dont even have my save the dates out yet. GAH! My mother needs to send me addresses!!!

Technically I got engaged only a couple months ago but I knew I wanted to be married on the specific date – so I had to take a short planning session. Eck.

Post # 5
1606 posts
Bumble bee

@dovelovesfalcon:  I had three bridesmaid options bail. They all live so far away and couldn’t really decide due to school dates and unsure about work vacation times. So I just secured my last one last night. I send her the dress this afternoon (from modcloth).

But I think you are right – once I get through this week of craziness I iwll be alright again. This weekend I plan to check off officiant, save the dates mailed, wedding website, registry, and buying my shoes and the stuff for the cake. Then all I have left is to wait for his parents to get home so we can work out food and tents. Flowers and Rentals after that then I should be golden again besides all the DIY stuffs I have planned.

Strangely enough I feel better lol. Hope I didn’t thread-jack – This is such a good topic!

Post # 6
581 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@dovelovesfalcon:  

Oh my… we’re date twins and still don’t have that feeling… Maybe I should be hunting down a to-do list and see where I’m at…

Post # 7
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@suburbian:  You have a photographer, so it’s all good! haha 🙂

I don’t know…I don’t think it’s really sunk in yet? I have moments of, “Holy shit, I have to like…stand up in front of 100 people and talk and I’m going to ugly cry!” but I’m normally like, “I have to get x, y, and z done…”

Post # 9
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@suburbian:  Seriously, I am not an attractive crier! You know how some girls just tear up and it looks nice? Not me! I get all red and blotchy–everywhere. Eyes get red and bloodshot, cheeks, nose, neck, ears, and upper chest get bright red and blotchy…not awesome.

Post # 10
1070 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

When I got my first registry gift last month.  I was like, oh wow this is happening soon!

Post # 11
1576 posts
Bumble bee

I had a moment at the one year mark, but I think I’m due for another with spring hits.

Post # 12
1846 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

It hasn’t really gotten real to me yet. I’ve gotten everything done, booked, And I don’t really have much else to do. I keep waiting for the moment when I’ll be like “wait, I’m getting married!!” 

We booked our honeymoon last week,wasn’t was super exciting, but I still don’t have that feeling!

maybe when all the stuff starts arriving that I’ve ordered off etsy?

Post # 13
9181 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

It started when I sent out the save-the-dates last month (like WOW YAY this is really happening!).  

And now I’m dealing with the nitty gritty shit like acquiring tablecloths and finding a replacement drummer for my FI’s band…  So I feel more like YAY but also UGGGHHHH.

Post # 14
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@dovelovesfalcon:  In the last couple weeks s**t started getting real. I had my first fitting. We started receiving shower gifts in the mail (like everyday…which is awesome and like a daily, after-work Christmas of soup tureens, luggage and flatware!) Also, things went double nuts today when our letterpress vendor emailed that the invitations are done and ready to go out…

The topic ‘summer 2013 bees- when did sh*t start getting REAL for you?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors