(Closed) Summer 2014 Brides: Fitness/diet goals? How are you doing?

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 17
678 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@butterfliesandhoney:  You’re so right- I just have to get back into the mind frame where it’s automatic. It’s not like I want to be in my best shape ever for my wedding, but if I’m not in a place where I feel good about myself I’ll be really disappointed. Guess it’s now or never! Good for you for keeping your routine going.

Not to mention I got Oreos for my students this week and I had totally forgotten how yummy they are. *gulp*

*hangs head in shame and trudges off to Zumba class*

Post # 19
678 posts
Busy bee

@butterfliesandhoney:  Well I bit the bullet and just made myself get back to the gym this week… and seriously I feel so much better already! My eating wasn’t quite where it should have been, but one thing at a time πŸ™‚ Good luck to you too!!

Post # 21
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2015

@butterfliesandhoney:  My wedding date hasnt been established yet, but it will be August or September of this year.

I’m doing a hybrid of P90x and Insanity. Those programs are fantastic and I cannot say enough about the results. Basically it is a serious of 45 min- 1 hour long cardio based exercises that are challenging and fun. Yes, I said it, FUN. If you are serious about working out it is imperative to make the workout a habit. It takes about 30 days to establish a habit…so if you try to workout for a month 5-6 days a week and not cheat, you will reach your goals.

I started doing P90x (uses weight training as well) and then switched to Insanity. My “I need to exercise” realization happened about 5 years ago after I got attacked and mugged going home from campus. Though I fought off the attackers I could have done it faster and with more damage (to them) had I been more fit instead of just skinny. I decided I would not let myself be unathletic. I started working out seriously. Before I’d be at the gym about 2-3 times a week just doing running on treatmills. It kept me slim but it didnt really give me any visible tone.

My friend got p90x so she can “tone up” for her wedding. The toning up quickly turned into a 5-6 days a week workout. She looked unbelievably hot. No extra flab anywhere to be seen, absolutely toned, gorgeous, her skin was glowing. That was all the motivation and proof I needed. Got the dvds and within 4 months of taking it seriously I was toned. By taking it serious I mean, doing your workout at least 30min-hour a day 5-6 days a week. Everyone has an hour a day…I’m sorry but if people say they dont, that’s just another excuse. I was one of those people, and we all know the absence of an hour a day is a load of baloney. If there is time for internet and cookies, then there is time for some workout, especially if they can be done at home. Tough love.

If you do 3 days a week you are just keeping up the body you currenly have, unless you had no exercise routine before, then its a good way to start.

To all the girls who want to “tone up” its fantastic to have a goal, just please keep it up after the wedding as well. Even better, involve your fiancee! My fiancee and I are workout buddies from time to time and we sign up for marathons together πŸ˜€ Trust me it builds an even closer physical relationship and makes your sexy time even sexier πŸ˜‰

You know that feeling you get when you’re done your workout? That “OH YEAH!” that rush of pride and sense of accomplisment? You will have that times a million if you keep up your fitness routine.

Happy work out to you all!

Post # 23
20 posts
Newbee

@butterfliesandhoney:  Just keep going, especially if you can reel one of your bridesmaids in to workout with you. The buddy system works wonders! Every day wake up and say to yourself “I will workout and reach my goal” sounds silly, but just try it

Post # 24
509 posts
Busy bee

I’m doing TERRIBLY. My wedding is in August and I really want to get toned up by spring so I’m ready for dress fittings parties etc… but I just can’t seem to get kick started. My Fiance is a terrible influence, he can eat anything and never gains weight and whines if we don’t have a big heavy carby meal every night. I’m starting to get really worried that my dress is going to arrive and look terrible!!

Post # 25
20 posts
Newbee
Post # 27
3025 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - Prague

I’m in a low low depression. My Future Mother-In-Law pointed to my belly last weekend with upturned eyebrows and then (pause)…”Is there something I should know?”

You’d think that’d be the hugest kick in the ass I need, but instead, I just ate 8 Cadbury heroe mini candybars.

Low, low depression and no light at the end of the tunnel.

Post # 28
956 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@prahajess:  You may actually have depression. Only a medical profession all can diagnose or treat it, but you sound exactly like I did before I started getting the help I needed. If you want to chat, PM me.

As for my fitness goals, I want to be down to my “when we met weight” by my first dress fitting. That’s about 20 lbs from when I started in November. The holidays were torture, but I maintained and I am down 5.5 lbs total so far. 14.5 to go. 

My challenge is eating out. I am a traveling consultant so I have to eat out almost 4 days each week. It is possible to make the good choice, but hard. Fiance and I both see a trainer once a week and I work out at least 3 other days. I use my fitbit to track my calories in vs. calories out. It’s been working for the last few weeks so I am just going to keep it up!

Post # 29
313 posts
Helper bee

I’m doing an 8-week sugar detox thingy…also doing Zumba, running, and pilates. The combination seems to be working well, but I wish it would go faster! I hate running! πŸ˜›

Post # 30
2203 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

my wedding is in June. i got really ambitious and actually started a year ago… i lost over 20 lbs, got to my goal weight, and stayed there for a while until i became totally fed up with counting calories. i continued to exercise but over the holidays i gained like 6lbs back… so now i’m getting serious again to lose those 6lbs in a nice, slow, maintainable way. πŸ™‚

Post # 31
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - Backyard

I hit my goal weight in Weight Watchers about 8 months ago, and have slowly let 8 pounds creep back on. I am trying to talk myself into tracking again.

I am going to start the Barre3 workout at home. It is miserably cold and windy here all winter (and winter is November – April, here), so working out is always such a hard thing to manage.

Any suggestions?

The topic ‘Summer 2014 Brides: Fitness/diet goals? How are you doing?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors