Post # 31
Goal: I just had a baby a month ago, and I want to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. I had a c section, so I cant excersize quite yet. I have another 18 pounds to lose, and its all in my butt and hips.
Plan: Hopefully I can get up and get us ready early enough to walk with baby in the mornings before it is too hot (its been 100 here everyday). Otherrwise I am going to start easy and try some short workout videos and eat healthy.
Pitfall: Beer, wine, and being stuck in pregnancy mode (still eating junk and eating whatever I want).
Post # 32
My wedding is 7 months away but as of June 1 I started to exercise and watch my foods again!
Goal: I’m 5’7 145. I would like to be around 130-135
Plan: I do Jillian Michaels workout videos, I have 30 day shred, ripped in 30, 6 week 6 pack and yoga meltdown. I am already vegan but I was eating terribley (burritos, fries , chips) so I’ve cleaned up my diet a lot and have cut out breads and chips and alcohol. I log my calories daily with myfitnesspal and it helps a lot
Pitfalls: Im still working on my carb cravings, I love starchy carbs and chipotle. Lol
Post # 33
Post # 34
Post # 35
MrsBuesleBee: ohhh my gosh we are the SAME weight and measurements! AND both our weddings are in September! I gained like 4 pounds to 138 and now I’m back down to 135… I would love to be 125-128… I started sprinting in combination with weight training—amazing full body work out and my tummy has leaned out SO much the past 2 weeks from doing them…Vegan is totally the way to go! Animal fat is yucky when trying to loose a few…Also…Too Much Information but I went on a 2 day juice cleanse (not a scary 500 calorie cleanse)..it was 1200 calories of amazing juice and it totally re-set my body and made my restroom activity more….regular? 😉 which was always a problem for me and hindered weight loss…Ten pounds should be easy peasy if we just FOCUS! I lost 60 pounds in a year and a half in my early 20s so I just have to get back to that kind of comittment..CONSITANCY IS KEY! GOOD LUCK!!
Post # 36
Wpoppies I thought one of the above posts was deleted! Now you all get two inbox bumps haha.
michelle0919: consistency is key! That is right! And even if you fall off the wagon for one meal or dessert you can’t just abandon ship all day or weekend. I did a juice cleanse once but it was the psycho kind with no calories, I almost keeled over. Now I’m doing my own sort of thing but with my blender. I think it’s better to blend then to juice because then you get all the fiber. And I include healthy fat like avocado (makes it so creamy!), coconut oil, or almond butter. With some protein it’s a complete meal.
Post # 37
– to just look and feel better overall
– to get as close as possible to the size I was 10 years ago (I was 140 lbs, about a juniors size 11)
– to live a healthier lifestyle. To learn to eat better, to be more active, etc. Not just to diet, but to completely overhaul my lifestyle.
– to drop at least 2 sizes before my wedding next Sept
– I am using MFP to count calories
– I am exercising at least 4 days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
– I will be meeting with a registered dietician to help me determine the best route to take in order to meet my goals
– I have been making better food choices, such as ground turkey instead of ground beef, Italian ice instead of ice cream, less carbs, etc.
– I have been taking vitamin B12 which has seemed to help me with my energy
-Drink mostly water and cut out soda entirely
– I love junk food and fast food
– I CRAVE chocolate constantly
– After a long day at work and being a mom to a very energetic 6 year old girl, I often am so exhausted at the end of a day that I truly would rather lay down than exercise
Post # 38
I’ll play, I need some help staying focused!
To get down to 200 pounds for my wedding in Septenber. I’m 5’3 and I’m currently around 221 and I just think I’d feel so much better at that weight. Eventually I’d like to get down to 175, but I’m a believer in baby steps 🙂
2. Plan – Although everyone says its super effective, I can’t calorie count. I just have such a weird mental block about about. I’m planning on eating healthier, less processed foods, eating at home more, and working out at least 4 times/week.
3. Pitfalls- My Fiance love to eat. We’re both great cooks, so sometimes portion control is difficult. I also work really long hours and if I don’t stay super organzied with meal prep, I just go get takeout. I think that alone has put about 20 pounds on me :/
Post # 39
1. Your goals
I am 5’7″ and currently 125lbs. I would like to be 110lbs, but more than that I want to increase my running speed. I usually run 2 miles a day (short n sweet) and time is around 10 mins/mile.
2. Your plan
Use mapmyrun app and keep on pushing myself! As for the weight thing, that is a goal but not a priority, so I will just eat healthier and let nature do its thing.
3. Your pitfalls!
summer is so hot for running. I get lazy and want to stay indoors.
Post # 40
Goals: lose 15 pounds. I need to lose about 30, I think, but fifteen is a start.
Plan: I’m going to walk to class and back, work out three or four times a week, and I’m also packing all my food for the week. I have to live in a hotel for the summer so I am making all my breakfasts, lunches, and dinners on Sunday and packing them up. I like doing this because then I can log the food into MyFitnessPal on Sunday and just make sure I follow the plan each day.
Pitfalls: WINE. I freaking love wine. I also eat out once a week when I see Darling Husband so I need to work on better choices when I eat out.
Post # 41
I’ll join in!
Goals: To lose some of this fat and bulk up muscle-wise! I do work out a bit, but I have too much fat to have the “I work out” aesthetic. SO is gone for training and family things for 2 months, and I have to get my body back to standards so I can get my career on track, so overall goal is making a good difference by the time he gets back! Also. I want to do a pull up and double my chin ups. (which would be doing 2).
Plan: Gym 5 days a week. Actually make a training schedule vs the “oh what do I feel like doing today? MORE BACK AND BIS!” (Seriously, back workouts rock soo much). Sticking with my Sunday 5-mile runs and adding in 2 2-miles during the week. Cutting down on sweet snacks, cutting down on bread and pasta. No more bored eating. Drinking more green tea and less chai tea (which almost requires sugar added).
One cheat day a week so I don’t go bonkers.
Pitfalls: I love to skip gym days and do body workouts while watching movies, but I don’t get as much of a workout that way so I gotta cut that out. It’s somewhat easy for me to make excuses as to why I need 3 rest days in a row or taking the week off. I also have easy access to terrible food so I have to monitor the crap out of that.
Post # 42
MrsBuesleBee: thanks for the encouragement! And the double bump, haha the bold messages in my inbox always make me happy!
Last night was the local Fair so I over indulged for sure. But today we’re back to the grind! Had oatmeal made with almond milk, chia seeds and peanut butter. Finishing thank you cards from my shower with my coffee and then working out!
Post # 43
- Wedding: August 2017 - Sea Cider
MrsBuesleBee: I’m 5’3″, and currently weight 137-ish. I’m down from 144 nearly two months ago, but the weight feels like it’s coming off SO. SLOWLY. At least I have time? My wedding isn’t until August 2017, but I want to be at fighting weight when I try on dresses.
1. To get down to 117-125 (large range because the real goal is to fit into a 4/6, and I know muscle weighs more than fat).
2. Combination cut calories and work my tush off! I use MFP, have a personal trainer, and am pretty good at getting to the gym, and doing long walks around my neighborhood.
3. You heard me say “walks”, right? I’m not the best at keeping intensity high. Also, my trainer keeps telling me that I’m losing more muscle mass than fat, which she doesn’t like (I don’t get it – I’m doing strength, cardio, AND weight training)
Any ideas on how to up the ante and still keep muscle mass, Bees?
Post # 44
I’m 5’4″ and the last time I weighed myself about a month ago I was 152lb. I’ve since started exercising again.
1. Goal: I’ve always weighed a lot more than other women my size because I tend to gain a little bit of weight all over and not a bunch in one area. I used to be a competitive dancer so I have some sturdy thigh muscles under the flab which is why I’m more compact for my weight lol. Because of that I can’t go by the scale and rarely weigh myself but I look the best in photos when I’m somewhere between 130-140 so that is probably what I’ll shoot for. I’ve lost a little weight now but it always comes off the top first, so my hourglass shape has turned into a pear shape until I can shrink my thighs some more :-/
2. Plan: I’ve had the most sucess with the Brazil Butt workout from Beach Body, but I switch out the cardio dvd for something more challenging. I can’t diet because I am a stress eater and restricting foods makes me feel stressed out! I have had good luck by finding simple healthy tasty recipes and just working them into my daily routine. The more recipes I learn, the more healthy options I will have to choose from. Gradually changing my habits has always worked better for me long term than crash dieting. Although I admire anyone who has the willpower to only eat what they’re supposed to for weeks/months at a time.
3. Pitfalls: Evenings. I try to eat a healthy snack before I leave work but the traffic is so terrible that by the time I get home at 6 I am starving. I will try to eat a healthy snack and then work out, then have dinner around 8 to stave off after dinner snacking. But sometimes I am so exhausted after the commute that a small snack isn’t enough energy for me to want to exercise. This week I tried having an earlier dinner, then working out later, but I found working out so close to bed time make it harder for me to sleep. That’s my other pitfall: staying up to late. Then I’m tired the next day and find it harder to eat healthy.
Post # 45
Urgh, I’m only halfway through my Sunday and I’ve made bad food choice after bad food choice. Had cocoa pops for breakfast (which isn’t good but not too bad in small quantities and only something I do on weekends if at all) and then went food shopping for tonight. Bought liquorice wheels and immideately ate three (ok, 180 kcal, not overly bad, but I could have just had the one). For dinner we bought beef burgers, cheese, and brioche buns. Then we went to Costco, and because we haven’t been there in a while, decided to have lunch there. Knowing full well that I’d just had sweets and was having burgers for dinner, I chose a slice of their pepperoni pizza. Urgh. It wasn’t even that nice, but because I have long-standing issues with leaving anything on my plate, I finished the whole slice anyway. And now I feel like I’m going to be sick. I can “feel” a lump of pizza at the top of my throat (obvs it’s not there but it really feels like it). I’m going to go to the gym (Sunday is always gymday) but if I don’t snap out of this pizza-induced nausea I won’t be able to do anything strenuous. So now I’m off to find some chewing gum and hope that’ll work to get rid of the pizza lump!