(Closed) Sunday wedding – 7:00 dinner time too late?

posted 6 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Personally I would prefer a 6pm dinner on a Sunday. 

Post # 4
5400 posts
Bee Keeper

I think that’s pushing it. Also, that is quite a gap. People should be to the reception site by 5 if not earlier. I would start cocktail hour at 5 and dinner at 6. Is there a reason you want to wait until 7?

Post # 5
Hostess
2999 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

yah I would say so – that is going to be a late night!

Post # 6
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I agree, I like 6 better as well. The chunk of people who have to work the next day have some time to go whenever – but if you send out the invites ahead of time, they can always plan to take off on that Monday.

Post # 7
4495 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I think its fine. I don’t know what your reasoning is for the time gap, but either way I think it’ll work. I’m having a Thursday night wedding. Not ideal, but it is what it is. Just make sure to give people plenty of notice so that they can take off the next day or go in late if they need to. I don’t think the typical amount of notice is sufficient in these cases

Post # 8
3229 posts
Sugar bee

I think 6 would be better for dinner too.

Post # 9
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I agree with everybody.  6 would be better.

Post # 10
1112 posts
Bumble bee

6 would be better, but if it is cheaper for you to do 7, stay with 7. I am on a tight budget (5k) myself, so I understand. We have a 3pm Sunday wedding with light refreshments, then we have a 7:30 dinner with family. So late!!!

BUT keep in mind…the later you’re out, the more tired you’re going to be that night.

Post # 11
1328 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I would probably aim for 6pm if that is an option.  If 7 is the only time that works or is much eaiser than go for it.  As long as you don’t send the invites last minute people will be able to plan their day.

Post # 12
430 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

5 or 6, 7 would be too late for a Sunday.

Post # 13
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I got married on a Sunday. Ceremony started at 3 and we had an early dinner @ 5:30. People started leaving by about 7:30 because they had to travel back home (30min to an hour) so 7 may be to late for people who still have to drive back home and be up early for work in the morning!

Post # 14
578 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

@Sparkle_Bee:  If possible I would see if you could have cocktail hour at 5pm and dinner at 6pm. Something which we are considering is having a half hour for cocktails and starting dinner at 5:30 🙂

The topic ‘Sunday wedding – 7:00 dinner time too late?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors