(Closed) Survey (from the June 2011 board)

posted 7 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I know quite a bit of it…

Wedding Date: June 9th, 2012

Engagement Length: 15 months

Colors: aqua and green, hints of navy and maybe pale pink flowers

Theme: Nautical

Wedding Party(#s): 2 bridesmaids 1 Maid/Matron of Honor / 2 groomsmen 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man

Ceremony (where, time): Gazebo behind our reception site at 5:30pm

Reception (where, time): 6pm Port 305 at Marina Bay, Quincy, MA

Dress Style:  Just started looking but it looks like it will be satin, sweetheart neckline and a mix between fit and flare and A-line.  I’m considering having it made overseas.

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): DIY makeup and professional hair

Honeymoon Location: Not sure yet. We’re thinking an all-inclusive in Aruba, Antigua or Costa Rica or maybe a cruise πŸ™‚

Flowers: peonies and white garden roses for me, not sure about the BMs yet, but definitely pale pink flowers.  All of the flowers will be DIY.

First Dance Song: We’re thinking “I wanna be your everything” by Keith Urban

Centerpieces: Some tall and some short.  The tall ones will be white gladiolus in blue/green wine bottles.  The small ones will be white hydrangeas in square vases. Maybe sliced limes in the small vases.

Food/Menu: chicken, beef and 2 veggie options.  Scallops in bacon, coconut shrimp and stuff mushrooms for cocktail hour.  Cash bar during cocktail hour but wine served with dinner.

Cake Flavour: No idea yet.

Favours:  None.

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ for cocktail hour and the reception.  The DJ is also providing blue uplighting.

Bachelorrete (when/what): We’re thinking of spending the day at Ocean Club in Marina Bay (outdoor club with cabanas) and then heading to “Splash” nightclub in Boston.

Wow, we’ve figured out more than I thought!

Post # 4
2091 posts
Buzzing bee

Wedding Date: June 30th, 2012

Engagement Length: 16 months

Colors: main colours are blue, yellow, and lime but we’re having splashes of all the bright rainbow colours everywhere

Theme: Pinwheels and bright colours (if that counts as a theme..?)

Wedding Party(#s): 3 bridesmaids, 1 Maid/Matron of Honor, and so far 6ish Groomsmen (the mister still hasn’t decided on his guys)

Ceremony (where, time): Not sure on location yet, possibly a park near my house, early afternoon

Reception (where, time): Still not entirely sure, most likely my dad’s backyard, early afternoon

Dress Style:  no idea yet at all, but so far I’m picturing a sheath/column style, very flowy and romantic. In grey, not white πŸ™‚

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Hair and makeup both done, hair will be either loose and wavy or in a romantic side chignon 

Honeymoon Location: Muskoka, we’re renting a cottage

Flowers: A random mix of home-grown flowers, mostly black-eyed susans 

First Dance Song: “I love you to the end” – Pogues. IF there is any dancing

Centerpieces: Paper pinwheels and flowers

Food/Menu: BBQ-spread, veggies and salad, fruit treys, sandwich bar, dessert bar

Cake Flavour: All vanilla, I think. Done in rainbow layers like this : http://kristenpowersart.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/rainbow-cake.jpg

Favours:  If we have them, sugar cookie pops

DJ/Band/Ipod: Ipod

Bachelorrete (when/what): No idea yet, probably just a girls night in since my Maid/Matron of Honor will be 17 at the time. 

Post # 5
1003 posts
Bumble bee

Wedding Date: June 23rd, 2012

Engagement Length: 2 and a half years.

Colors: Blues, Purples, White and Black.

Theme: Backyard drunken fest, which rustic overtones.

Wedding Party(#s): Just myself and the groom.

Ceremony (where, time):  Private Historical home. Time to be annouced.

Reception (where, time): Private Historical home. Time to be annouced.

Dress Style: Work in progress. Hah.

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Up in the air.

Honeymoon Location: Minimoon to Edmonton, AB for 5 days. Mexico in Feb. 2013.

Flowers: calla lilies, lilac and hydrangeas. DYI

First Dance Song: N/A

Centerpieces: Candles and found objects.

Food/Menu: Prime rib, Lamb racks, BBQ Beer Chicken, veggie sushi and burgers, veggie trays, mash potatoes, roasted veggies. DYI

Cake Flavour: To be decided. May be rice rice crispy cake.

Favours:  Cake Pops!

DJ/Band/Ipod: Ipod dj.

Bachelorrete (when/what): Probably nothing.

Post # 6
1679 posts
Bumble bee

Wedding Date: June 1, 2012

Engagement Length: 17 months

Colors: White, soft green, maybe some teal or blue (maybe!)

Theme: Not so sure about the answer to this.

Wedding Party(#s): 3-4 bridesmaids, 3-4 groomsmen, 5 little guys, 2 little girls

Ceremony (where, time): Pippin Hill Vineyard, Charlottesville, VA (6-ish?)

Reception (where, time): same as above, but a little later

Dress Style: See: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/my-jorge-manuel-dress-story-continued-from-the-1-of-a-kind-thread

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro

Honeymoon Location: No clue yet, but I don’t want to do a darn thing. I have a crazy work and travel schedule.  I want to relax!

Flowers: http://pinterest.com/smallchic/floral-inspiration/

First Dance Song: Waste by Phish

Centerpieces: Arrangements will be in silver trophies I’ve been collecting from antique and thrift shops: http://www.smallchichome.com/2011/02/few-more-thrifty-finds.html

Food/Menu: All local, not decided on yet.  Our executive chef will design the menu in season.

Cake Flavour: Undecided

Favours:  Undecided

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ or band

Bachelorrete (when/what): I’m not really interested.

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Wedding Date: June 1, 2012

Engagement Length: 26 months

Colors: Black, White, Pink

Theme: Damask…if that’s a theme?

Wedding Party(#s): 3 bridesmaids 1 Maid/Matron of Honor / 3 groomsmen 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man / 2 flower girls/ 2 ring bearers/ Usher walking in our 2 dogs

Ceremony (where, time): The Hawthonre House-Parkville, MO @ 6:30 PM

Reception (where, time): The Emerson Room @ The Hawthorne House immediately following the ceremony

Dress Style: Not sure yet

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): professional hair and makeup

Honeymoon Location: FH is planning that…  

Flowers: Meeting with florist this week—but all pink flowers, lots of roses

First Dance Song: I Finally Found Someone

Centerpieces: Damask Vases with Pink Flowers, Tall Candlesticks with Damask Lampshades

Food/Menu: Not sure yet…. Taste tasting at the venue later in the fall

Cake Flavour: Various Flavors but for sure red velvet and german chocolate

Favours:  Candy Buffet

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ

Bachelorrete (when/what): No plans yet!!!! But we have been thinking about doing a weekend in Vegas-first night going our seperate ways and the last night all hanging out together

Post # 8
169 posts
Blushing bee

Wedding Date: Sunday June 3, 2012

Engagement Length: 4 years, 8 months

Colors: Red, Ivory and Gold

Theme: Roses

Wedding Party(#s): 2 BMs, 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man and 1 best man

Ceremony (where, time): 2.30pm (maybe 3pm?) Wesley Uniting Church, Fremantle WA

Reception (where, time): 6pm Esplanade Hotel Fremantle

Dress Style: been looking online but can’t go look at stores til we announce the date! want my girsl to come with me too. am heading overseas in July so maybe looking there?

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): FMIL wants to cover professional makeup, aunt is a hairdresser

Honeymoon Location: thinking Canada? east and New York  

Flowers: Lots of roses – red for me, ivory for the girls. No bouts, pocketsquares in rose pattern instead

First Dance Song: I like “I’m Your’s” by Jason Mraz

Centerpieces: Included in venue, tall vases with fake cherry blossom stems, think we will add rose petals and candles

Food/Menu: Buffet

Cake Flavour: Various Flavors – he loves white chocolate mudcake

Favours:  Chocolate bars (custom) for boys, Hersheys Kisses roses for the laydeez

DJ/Band/Ipod: combination DJ and acoustic (DJ i like does acoustic electric guitar during cocktails/dinner then DJs for dancing)

Bachelorette (when/what): haven’t really thought about it, have four weddings to go to this year so will be gathering ideas!

Post # 9
374 posts
Helper bee

wow i thought i had so much done.. i’ve got 10/18 filled out.. fml

Post # 10
33 posts
Newbee

Wedding Date: June 09, 2012

Colors: Black & White with shades of pink and accents of silver

Theme: Chandeliers (dk if this is a “theme” but they’ll be featured in most of our wedding stuff)

Wedding Party(#s): Haven’t officially asked yet: 1 Maid/Matron of Honor, 4 bridesmaids, 3 groomsmen, 1 Best Man, 1 flower girl, 1 ring bearer

Ceremony (where, time): Hummingbird House, not sure on time yet (maybe 6/6:30)

Reception (where, time): Hummingbird House; cocktail hour after ceremony & reception immediately after (music has to end at 11 due to city codes… a bit of a bummer!)

Dress Style: Planning on dress shopping in September, but have tons of styles saved on my computer πŸ™‚

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Professional hair/makeup

Honeymoon Location: No idea, but somewhere tropical for sure!

Flowers: My bouquet & some centerpieces

First Dance Song: Hmmm… don’t know

Centerpieces: Having a tall centerpiece & 2 different types of “short” centerpieces

Food/Menu: Tapas Style Dinner (we like variety lol), wedding cake, desserts bar

Cake Flavour: No idea! Nothing too funky though, we have very picky guests (our families!)

Favours:  Bags at dessert buffet & possibly something small on the tables

Bachelorrete (when/what): May; my ladies are already talking about a Vegas weekend! If that doesn’t work out, then a weekend in Austin!

Post # 11
700 posts
Busy bee

Wedding Date: June 16, 2012

Engagement Length: 23 months

Colors: white to golden yellow and everything in between (ombre) with accents in cornflower blue and chocolate brown

Theme: classic/romantic/vintage

Wedding Party(#s): 3 bridesmaids 1 matron of honor 1 maid of honor / 3 groomsmen 2 Bridesmaid or Best Man / 2 flower girl 1 ring bearer

Ceremony (where, time): Beneath the second largest oak tree in Blanco County, Blanco, Texas; 6PM

Reception (where, time): Old Blanco County Courthouse ballroom, immediately following the ceremony

Dress Style: Maggie Sottero Gatsby

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): hair: up, Future Mother-In-Law is a hairdresser; makeup: TBD

Honeymoon Location: St. Croix, Virgin Islands (uncle owns a resort)

Flowers: roses – white/ivory/antique mix for me/groom, yellow for groomsmen and parents/grandparents

First Dance Song: TBD, but it will be an old jazz standard

Centerpieces: mix of yellow flowers and babies breath; mix of tall and short

Food/Menu: 3 different themed stations (American/Italian/veggie), bread with herbed butters, full bar, lavender lemonade

Cake Flavor: Italian cream cake with cream cheese filling and buttercream frosting; groom’s cakes will be a cake buffet of 4-7 10″ bakery-style cakes

Favors: charity donations

DJ/Band/Ipod: Kris Kimura Quartet from Austin, Texas – small jazz band

Bachelorette (when/what): TBD.. maybe spa, maybe bar-hopping.. we’ll see

Post # 12
567 posts
Busy bee

Right there with you! Have so many plans set already πŸ™‚

Wedding Date: June 10th, 2012

Colors: white with various shades of darker blue, a little red

Theme: no true theme, lets have fun!

Wedding Party(#s): 1 Maid/Matron of Honor, 5 bridesmaids, 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man, 4 groomsmen, and a ring bearer

Ceremony (where, time): outside at a local catering place, ceremong at the cazebo, 3pm

Reception (where, time): same location under a tent, 430pm

Dress Style: haven’t gotten the dress, but will be a-line, something simple. with a little accent or something

Honeymoon Location: DISNEY WORLD!! absolutely cannot wait

Flowers: my bouquet will be blue roses, bridesmaids will have something all white, have decided the exact flower yet. groom/groomsmen will have white also

First Dance Song: michael buble-everything

Centerpieces: small and simple, probably a center piece with flowers and four small votives surrounding

Food/Menu: BBQ style food with chicken, steak tips, rice, veggies, ect. cake, candy bar, and desserts

Cake Flavour: vanilla, but an ice cream cake surprise for the future hubby

Favours:  candy buffet, and photos from photo booth

DJ/Band/Ipod:DJ

Bachelorrete (when/what): nothing too crazy. thinking a red sox game or something, laid back.

Post # 13
435 posts
Helper bee

Wedding Date: June 1st, 2012

Engagement Length: 13 months, give or take

Colors: various shades of green and purple with white and gold accents 

Theme: wintery (it is that time in NZ) and semi-rustic

Wedding Party(#s): 2 bridesmaids & 1 MOH; 2 groomsmen & 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man

Ceremony (where, time): First Presbyterian Church, 2:30 pm

Reception (where, time): Footbridge Lodge, 5 pm

Dress Style: Chiffon (that’s all I know)

Honeymoon Location: Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Oahu! Big trip for us!

Flowers: Bouquet for me and lanterns for the BMs. Possibly corsages for the mothers but the men just want pocket squares

First Dance Song: Jason Mraz & Colbie Callait, “Lucky”

Centerpieces: I’ve got this idea in my head of purple and green woolen pompom flower centrepieces with the little fluffball poms as scattered. Have to DIY one and see whether it is as cool in real life as it is in my head!

Food/Menu: Olde English menu, thinking warming winter roasts and veges

Cake Flavour: Not sure, http://www.missmelicious.com does so many awesome flavours

Favours:  Photo Booth and donation to the Breast Cancer Aotearoa Coalition (my mother has metastatic breast cancer and is working with BCAC to raise awareness of alternate breast cancers like IBC)

Bachelorette (when/what): Absolutely no idea yet.

Post # 14
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

This is so much fun to do. Thank you for posting it!!

Wedding Date: June 2nd, 2012

Engagement Length: 12 months

Colors: Black and white with accents of bright yellow

Theme: not sure what to call it. It is gonna be vintage outdoor wedding?

Wedding Party(#s): 2 bridesmaids 1 Maid/Matron of Honor / 2 groomsmen 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man / 2 flower girls 1 ring bearer

Ceremony (where, time): Outside in a really shaded area on a hill next to a old little church (Can’t have the wedding in the church because it is a Catholic church and my Fiance is not Catholic πŸ™

Reception (where, time): At his parents house in their huge brand new barn! We will be the first to use it.

Dress Style: Ballgown with a train and pickup skirt

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): professional hair/ DIY makeup

Honeymoon Location: Cabin in Yankton, has own private stream and sand beach to the river!

Flowers: Yellow tulips

First Dance Song: Lullaby by Creed – a little unconventional but we are both huge rock fans!

Centerpieces: Mason jars some filled with black and white photos of us, others filled with candles. It will run from one end of our row of rectangle tables to the other.

Food/Menu: πŸ™ don’t know yet.

Cake Flavour: wedding cake white

Favours:  not doing it

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ/Ipod like. My dad has a DJ quality system and we enrolled a family friend who is a radio host to be the DJ!

Bachelorrete (when/what): I think it is going to be a spa day with my sisters, mom, and mother-in-law. The drinking party will be a joint party with my Fiance and all of our classmates in our old stomping grounds. (My Fiance and I are only 8 days apart and we turn 21 less then a month before our wedding day so we are gonna have a huge joint 21st bday/engagement party.)

Post # 15
104 posts
Blushing bee

Wedding Date: June 2nd, 2012

Engagement Length: 14 months

Colors: deep red & pale yellow

Theme: vintage romance with a little whimsy thrown in πŸ™‚

Wedding Party(#s): 1 Maid/Matron of Honor & 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man

Ceremony (where, time): Cobblestone Creek in Norman, Oklahoma @ 630pm

Reception (where, time): Same location but in the clubhouse following ceremony

Dress Style: Allure W273 chiffon a-line, strapless with a sweetheart neckline

Honeymoon Location: undecided but leaning towards Puerto Rico.

Flowers: peonies, garden roses, rannuculous, gardenias and whatever else my florist comes up with

First Dance Song: Adam Sandler – I wanna grow old with you

Centerpieces: Floral display in glass milk vases, some tables will have red flowers, some yellow and then a couple will have candles

Food/Menu: cheese/ crackers and fruit display for the guests to snack on while we are taking pics, then a plated dinner with a choice of a chicken or beef dish, undecided on what type of chicken or beef

Cake Flavour: undecided

Favours:  candy buffet and Live for Him red bracelets

DJ/Band/Ipod: Vocalist and piano player for ceremony, DJ for reception

Bachelorrete (when/what): not planned yet!

Post # 16
655 posts
Busy bee

Wedding Date: June 8th, 2012

Engagement Length: 18 months

Colors: cobalt blue and fushia

Theme: no specific theme, just bright colors and classic elegance I suppose

Wedding Party(#s): 4 bridesmaids 1 Maid/Matron of Honor / 4 groomsmen 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man

Ceremony (where, time): Gazebo or rock garden behind our reception site at 4:30pm

Reception (where, time): 6pm Hiland Park Country Club in Queensbury, NY

Dress Style: Pronovias Levante, taffeta ballgown with ruched bodice, floral beading along ruching, and peek of tulle with appliques on one side <3 

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): professional hair and make-up

Honeymoon Location: St. Maarten

Flowers: Mix of fuschia flowers, not sure yet but hoping for gerber daisies, pink roses and carnations, and stargazer lilies

First Dance Song: No idea yet!

Centerpieces: All “short” ones, I don’t like the super tall ones! They will be monochromatic pink, in just simple glass vases with votives surrounding them

Food/Menu: Haven’t made all out selections yet but the entree is a duet of chicken and beef.

Cake Flavour: No idea yet.

Favours:  Not sure yet!

Bachelorette (when/what): I don’t really want a real bachelorette, I would rather a spa day with the girls. But I have a feeling I am going to be forced to do at least typical bar hoping in my hometown.

The topic ‘Survey (from the June 2011 board)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors