Post # 1
Did your Fiance or Darling Husband do something at the beginning of your relationship that knocked your socks off and literally swept you off your feet?
For me it was when he had flowers delivered to me at work when it was a month after we met, then every month thereafter for the next 5 months. No one had ever sent me flowers at work and I was very impressed.
So bees, what did your guy do that impressed you and made him stand out from the rest?
Post # 3
When my career really started to take off he sent me flowers to stage door on opening night of my big “I made it” production. It was so adorable and everyone thought it had been sent to someone in the cast. Then when I saw him later he pretended to not know about it – I was smitten.
Post # 4
I had been dating my Fi for less than two weeks when we came upon our first Valentine’s. I told him not to go crazy and buy anything, so he said he would only get something small. He bought me a card and a single rose (aww cute) BUT THEN he surprised me with homemade truffles. Homemade truffles! I could NOT believe it…they were SO delicious. I would say best that I have ever had. YUM! He also cooked me a really nice meal too…lucky me!
Post # 5
@dance: I DEFINITELY would have been impressed with homemade truffles!
Post # 6
When we had first met he did so many things that swept me off my feet.
- He worked a pig roast one time in a city around an hour from here. He knew I loved pecan pie so he bought me a slice and surprised me the next day at church. It was some of the best I’ve ever had and we picniced out on the lawn outside of church.
- He wrote me a poem (he usually only writes fiction) for me
- He wrote a short story about me
- He would go get ethnic food and would bring me some to try to my work
Needless to say he had me smitten within the first month or so.
Post # 7
For my birthday which was two an a half months after we started dating he gave me a bag with a t-shirt with my favorite band on it, a cd with one of my all time favorite music artists, a bag of gummy bears (one of my favorite candies), and a stuffed otter (my favorite animal). Then a couple of months later on my graduation day he was leaving my house and when I came back inside there was a red box with a heart bracelet in it and a note on it that he had somehow set out for me without me seeing.
Post # 8
He played the guitar and sang a song to me privately. That really swept me off my feet. I think I fell in love with him right there! He also used to send me tons of text messages throughout my work day just telling me how special I am and how happy I make him. It was so sweet. I saved all those texts too and I use them to embarass him now, lol!
Post # 9
The first night he cooked me dinner – it was for our second date! It was so sweet and it was the first time ever that I had anyone cook for me!
Post # 10
Wow, this made me remember some things:
1) When we first started seeing each other, he brought me a burned CD. I wasn’t expecting anything, and it was full of songs from anime that he uses when he writes, since I am also a writer. The big thing was that he listed all but the last song on a piece of paper. I listened to the entire thing in order, and the last song was a Japanese love song that he had shown me earlier. It ended up being our first dance song.
2) We spent a lot of time browsing at shops (we were college students, so not a lot of money), so I would often point out clothes that I liked when we looked around. When I graduated from college, he actually went out and bought me a dress I had been eyeing for a while and lace armwarmers (that I had also been wanting). I wore the dress to graduation.
3) This may not mean much to some, but he actually asked before he held my hand or kissed me. It was sweet, because I had never been asked before.
Post # 11
Okay, I never tell this story because it doesn’t paint me in the best light, but here we go:
Background: I met Fiance online. The first day we met in person, I drove 5 hours to see him. That night, there was a record breaking blizzard, so I ended up staying with him for 5 days. Best first date ever.
But, as our first date he ordered pizza and we hunkered down in his studio apartment in sweats and just talked and talked and watched the snow. Also–I was only planning to stay the one night so I basically wore those sweats the whole time I was there, and he loved me for it 🙂
Somewhere in the middle of the night that first night I was there, I woke him up to say “I need you to bring milk home from the grocery store after work.”
He said “Sure babe.” I figured he’d never remember, because it was a small thing, and also he was half asleep.
As an aside I was pretty flattered that he left me, a girl he had known for less than 12 hours in person, alone in his apartment for 8 hours. I totally could have stolen all his stuff.
But sure enough, the next day, he brought me a gallon of milk. He walked in, set the bag on the counter, and I put it in the fridge and it was like I was home.
Yeah, it sounds corny 😛
Post # 12
@Quietserenity: I LOVE that story! I would have been smittened as well. I also met my husband online! As a person who does not drink alcohol and night-blind to boot, I was unable and unwilling to go bar or club-hopping. Congrats on finding a great guy!
Post # 13
When I first met my fiance, we had only known each other for a week before I was moving a few states away. Bad timing, but we both really liked each other. We were in constant contact everyday even though I moved, and after a couple weeks he asked me out of the blue if he could come see me. He drove 12 hours overnight to come see me, and we had only known each other for a couple weeks at that point.
That was 5 years ago, and the rest is history 😉
Post # 14
All those stories go to show that there are great, sweet guys out there 🙂
there were a few things that made me fall in love with my Fiance..
1) less than a month after we started dating i was going away for 3 weeks, then he bought me this little penguin beanie baby which i saw on our 3rd date and just mentioned i thought it was adorable!
2) for our 1st anniversary (dating) he MADE this photo album for me, with photos of us and our friends and family, telling a little story… it was the most adorable thing i’ve ever received 🙂
3) i once had the flu and was by myself… so he drove almost 3 hours from his work to my house to bring me some food and medicine….
and many more things that make me love him more everyday!
Post # 15
He bought me a pink Nintendo DS. I didnt think we would do presents since it was a new relationship and we wouldnt be together during the holidays. He is always very sweet though.