(Closed) Bees, what kind of ring are you going to get the Mr?

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1088 posts
Bumble bee

Do you mean as an engagement ring or a wedding band?

Post # 4
1471 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

my husband really wanted a hammered band, we went and picked our wedding bands out together!  Im so glad I did not pick his out, he really needed to try them on and feel how the different metals and sizes felt.  He loves the one we got him

Its palladium, which is much cheaper then platnium but in the same family, its light and my husband is very happy!

Post # 5
9955 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

No Engagement Ring or Wedding Ring for my guy (he doesn’t wear rings, and can’t wear them for work)

One of his gifts (Probably Wedding) will be a nice watch… something more expensive than his traditional Timex or Citizen purchases… a Watch can be what I give him in lieu of a ring… as it is (a) piece of jewellery (b) classy (c) and can mark the passing of time in our relationship (also still a circle in shape so can signify what a Ring does as well).  Going to see if I can’t get the Minister to bless it at the ceremony and it can be my “oversized” ring for my Hubby

Wink *wink* 

PS… Loving all these neat bands that are out there now… nice to see so many choices for men (not so 30+ years ago when I got married the first time)

Post # 6
1278 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I got to pick my engagement ring, he can pick his wedding ring 🙂 But I think we both have an idea of what he wants anyway – a simple band with some millgraining.

Post # 7
847 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Well Fiance isn’t my MR…but here’s the ring she’s getting

Post # 8
9955 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

@curlymama318:  Gorgeous band, I’m sure your MRS will be quite happy.

Post # 9
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Mr. Naturedoc is getting 2 2mm bands. He didn’t like how 1 thicker ring felt and so he opted for 2 thinner ones in 2 different metals. One in 14K rose gold and 1 in palladium (to match my platinum band). He’s going to wear the 14K rose gold one as an “engagement” ring, which I think is super cool. 

Post # 10
873 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Fi and I went to our jeweler so he could pick out his wedding band. He chose a plain yellow gold band. I didn’t really like his choice at first, but have to admit it looked really nice on him once he tried it on.

Post # 12
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Darling Husband picked out his wedding band (and I picked my wedding band as well).

He wanted this 14K white gold band that has both shiny and matte finishes for a little visual interest.

14K White Gold Wedding Band for Him  14K White Gold Wedding Band for Him

Post # 13
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Fiance and I both really like this one (from Etsy), but we’ll probably have to get it cut down because he can’t wear bands that are too thick. He has a 1mm thick ring that he loves and is the perfect thickness, so I’m hoping that we can get it cut to 1.5mm and that will be comfortable enough for him. 

Other than that…we have no idea, haha.

Post # 14
943 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Fiance loves fixing anything and everything, he was raised in the crane business and owns a heavy equipment repair shop (think giant bulldozers/excavators and hydraulic construction equip).

This will be his ring, check out the video, the gears actually work!  Love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI2N6fsPjjg&feature=player_embedded

We will probably end up getting him a “dress” ring for formal occasions, and he will rarely even wear this one–he can’t wear jewelry at work, too dangerous.

Post # 15
943 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@curlymama318:  I love that, the detail is gorgeous!  Lucky Mrs!

Post # 16
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

FI’s band looks like the one Mrs.KMM posted, except that the brushed finish runs around the ring instead of across it (if that makes sense). We picked bands out together!

The topic ‘Bees, what kind of ring are you going to get the Mr?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors