(Closed) T9938.. Please post your pics!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m sooooo happy you posted this!! I’ve been scouring this website for months now looking for brides with the same dress.  I too am a David’s Bridal bride with dress T9938 and I absolutely LOVE it! I don’t have any pics of me wearing it on the day of cuz my wedding isn’t until May, but here are a couple taken when I bought it (not the best I must admit). I’ve decided to spruce it up with just a bracelet and statement dangle earrings that I just bought from a buyer on etsy.  No necklace for me. As for getting my hair did…I’m doing a side updo.  Now shoes are still up in the air.  I’ve been going back and forth for the longest time trying to figure out if I want to wear flats or sandals.  Ugh…such hard decisions. Lol.  I do know that I want my shoes to be yellow!!! What about you? What are all your plans? Do share!! 😉

Post # 6
6 posts
Newbee

The dress looks so awesome on you!  Our colors are the same too. Grey and yellow…grey and yellow!  Ahhh…I’m so excited!  Love the thought of a birdcage veil.  I simmered on wearing one too in the beginning stages, but my Future Sister-In-Law offered to let me borrow hers.  Its a longer veil (as pictured), but gorgeous and will be my something borrowed. 😉 I adore the necklace you posted. Don’t you just love etsy? Lol. It will look great with the dress and birdcage veil. I’ll post my jewelry here in a second, but first a couple questions for ya that I have been obsessing over since we’re twins in a lot of ways; I’m hoping you can ease my brain. Are your guys wearing grey tuxes?  I need help deciding on whether our guys should wear ivory or white dress shirts with their grey tuxes.  My dress is ivory.  I know its the dredded question on this site and a lot of bees says it doesn’t make much of a difference, but i can’t help but worry about it. I feel like the ivory dress shirts look dingy against the grey. Oh and are you wearing a petticoat with your dress?

Post # 7
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

This isn’t my dress, but i do have “real life pics” in it. It was my favourite DB dress, hence I took pics of the details. Love, love, love the back! You ladies will look beautiful in it 🙂

Post # 8
6 posts
Newbee

I back of the dress is def the main attraction.  That’s what sold me.  I’m a sucker for ruffles!

Post # 10
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

OMG!!! My dress!! I had lost hope of ever finding anyone else that was wearing it! I love it : ) The back definitely sold me. The details are subtle but elegant. I’m NOT a poofy, sparkle girl and this was just up my alley. The DB sales lady put me in their mermaid/trumpet slip and I actually liked the way it looked. I think I’ll go that direction otherwise it’s a tad too flat. The trumpet gives it just a bit of poof around the bottom and gives you that swishy, bridal feel!

I’m planning on wearing some simple earring, no necklace and a ivory flower in my hair…and of course some bold shoes : )

PS Did anyone else have any issues with those two darts in the front? They just seem awkward but the seamstress made it sound like they could extend it and minimize them. I figured I’d have my bouquet covering them but I thought it was a strange place to stop the seam…

Post # 12
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Yea the second time I tried the dress on they put me in the straight slip and it just didn’t give it the same pop. The mermaid gives it just enough flare at the bottom without adding anything on the top which is great since the dress is fitted through the torso area. I would give it a try!!

You are right though…the awesome structure/detail on the front AND the gorgeous back is where people will be looking! Not the weird darts lol

Post # 13
6 posts
Newbee

I agree…the dress does lay flat, but I’m still torn.  I’ve already altered the bottom of my dress because I decided not to go with the fit and flare slip so I don’t know if my dress would be too short now with it underneath.  I might try to go to Davids Bridal to try it on again.  I did try the dress on with the fit and flare and in person and it looked good, but then I was looking at pics and I felt like it made me look huge for some reason. Lol. I’ll let you know what I decide.  I just might go try this out today after work.

Post # 14
6 posts
Newbee

So I did a little bit of research on fit and flare petticoats and came across this…

http://www.christinagowns.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.prodInfo&prodId=63279

A tulle extender.  I didn’t know there was such thing?  Any of you know about this?  I’m definitely interested in it since our dresses do already have some layers of tulle underneath and it would be nice to just easily add one extra one.  Thoughts???

Post # 16
42 posts
Newbee

this was my top pick until i tried on one of the vera wang dresses.  its soooo gorgeous. if i had my choice, i would’ve bought this dress for my reception, too.  man, its just sooooooo beautiful!! 

The topic ‘T9938.. Please post your pics!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors