(Closed) TABLE NAMES?!?! Please share you creative & fun ideas…………

posted 7 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@futuremrscisek: I am doing the same thing! Because we are doing a beach theme we are going to name tables things such as sandollar and the names of islands surrounding us! What is your theme??

Post # 4
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

we are doing car names– muscles cars mostly.. and we are gonna play some songs like beach boys fun fun fun until daddy took her tbird way.(thunderbird table reference. got a gto song …

Post # 5
793 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

You could use quotes, names of movies, or names of songs? You could do them around a specific theme, or just have them be more general, like love songs or romantic movies. If that would be too confusing for guests to find their table, you could number each one and use a quote/movie/song specific to each table.

Post # 6
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

My wedding was on my parents farm so I made shortbread cows and piped each persons name on them, every one loved them and I had so many compliments!

Post # 7
2100 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

We are using elements of Elizabeth Barrett and Robert Browning throughout the wedding so we are using some of our favorite sonnets from Sonnets from the Portuguese as our table numbers . . .

Post # 8
2253 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I read a wedding blog featuring a TX wedding where the couple who were from New Orleans, used famous street names from their hometown’s downtown area. The guests loved it bc who doesn’t love Mardi Gras? They had street names like Bourbon, Decatur, Frenchman, Canal, Poydras, etc.

Post # 9
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We will have 10 tables and we picked the 10 most meaningful experiences, places, or moments in our relationship like places we traveled, our dog, the restaurant of our 1st date, place where we first met, our most favorite activity, etc… That will be the name of the table and we will include a card on the table that contains a picture pertaining to it  and a description of why it isimportant for us. Some examples are…. one table will be named “Rico” which is our very loved dog who we truly spoil rotten. We will include a picture of us with him and talk about stuff we do together with our 1st dog. Another table will named the “University of (blank)” and a card will have our graduation picture and say that we both went to school there and that’s were we meet and fell in love. Another table is “Belize” and the card will include pics of us there and descibe that we went there for a medical mission trip which was the most rewarding expereince of our lifes and encouraged us to go to medical school. Another table will be “Salsa” and the card will explain how we love to dance to latin music and its one of our most favorite hobbies together as well as a picture of us dancing.

Technically the names of the table are kinda all over the place and don’t sync in together but the theme we are trying to go with in table names are “Meaningful experiences in our relationship”.

Post # 10
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Some friends of mine did all the places they’ve lived/traveled to together. The Big Apple, Athnes, City of Angels, Pittsburgh, etc…I though it was a cute idea. 

Post # 11
409 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

We are doing something similar to Heartly’s friends above.  All places that have special meaning to us,  like the college we both went to, the area we both grew up in (and never knew each other), our first date/engagement location, places we enjoy going to together and places we have been to ‘adventuring’.  On each of the tables, we bought little tchotchkes that tie back to the table name.  For example, one table is Hawaii, and we bought a hula girl, some fish statues, a turtle, shells, etc.  We painted them all white, so that they take on more of a ‘statue’ effect and will be nestling them in our centerpieces and around the table.  Our sweetheart table is going to be themed after where we are going on our honeymoon.

Post # 12
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Fiance and I are huge dog lovers so we’ve been thinking (correction: I’VE been thinking) about naming tables after family dogs. There would be the ‘Sweetie’ table, the ‘Cody’ table, the ‘Kirra’ table, etc. Most everybody I’ve told thinks this is super cheesy though so I’m starting to considerjust doing numbers in rustic picture frames instead…

Post # 13
2305 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

SO and I are huge Pixar nerds so we’re doing a Pixar theme with our table names! SO wanted an all Pixar themed reception but I talked him out of that one.

Each table will be named after a different character, and then we will have an action figure or a doll of the character with it. We’re gonna be using the same center piece, which are just going to be basic white and grey, so that the characters stand out. Our sweetheart table is gonna have a mail box based after the one from Up, with our names and hand prints, and then the flowers coming out of it.

Our tables so far are Buzz Lightyear, Nemo, Edna Mode, Flik, Lightning McQueen, Sully, Woody, and Auguste Gusteau. We’re hoping to get a WALL-E and a Toy Story 3 character, as well as a Brave character. 

Post # 14
1432 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I have barely thought of any details about our wedding (still in early stages), but I do think that for our table numbers, we will use regular numbers, and then frame a page of script from our favourite movies.  Maybe people will have to guess what movie it’s from?

Framed on my wall is the page of script from Roman Holiday where Princess Ann & Joe Bradley finally kiss, and I love it because it’s so romantic and meaningful to me.  

We’d like to celebrate film because we both work in the industry and just love movies, so this is our way of acknowledging that without going the movie poster route…

Post # 15
1935 posts
Buzzing bee

we did places where we have been on dates and on the back we wrote why it was special/what we did.

Post # 16
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I love creative table cards. I cut out shapes of luggage tags (in my colors) and collected maps from places we have traveled together (such as Alaska, Seattle, Gainesville, Chicago, CA, and Ireland-honeymoon). Then put the maps on the tags and then each table has a map of the place cut out in the shape.

Something like this:

Also, if you like wine you could name tables after good wines- Chardannoy, Resiling, Merlot, etc.

have fun

The topic ‘TABLE NAMES?!?! Please share you creative & fun ideas…………’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors