(Closed) TABLE NAMES?!?! Please share you creative & fun ideas…………

posted 8 years ago in Decor
Post # 17
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We are doing the names of my fiances favourite rugby players!  He doesn’t care to have a say in much else for the wedding and this part of the wedding got him SO excited ๐Ÿ™‚  Not sure how I am going to incorporate this into the wedding in an elegant way… any suggestions??

Post # 18
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

We’re getting married in Queenstown NZ (check out my last thread for pics) and the views are so panoramic that they could have been painted with Monet himself. So we’ve decided to paint in black fancy script, the names of famous artists on mini canvases e.g. Kandinsky, Renoir, Cezanne etc the mini canvases are going to be placed on vintage/rustic looking easels ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 19
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Our theme is retro/garden party and we are having mini easels and canvases with paintings of monet gardens and flowers.  Each table will have a larger version for guests to match.  Only table assignments no seat assignments.

http://www.projectwedding.com/blog/2011/10/04/the-cutest-mini-masterpieces/

We are not talented enough to paint all these so we are printing 2 X 2 colour pictures and modge podgeing them on the canvases.  Cute no?

Post # 20
179 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We had an old hollywood wedding. We used old movie stars for our table names, like Carey Grant and Raquel Welch. Out sweet heart table was I love Lucy ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 21
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

We are doing places we traveled together. I thought this was super cute when my cousin did it and I am repeating the idea. ๐Ÿ™‚  

The “numbers” will place names, and our pictures will be the background.

Post # 22
444 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@cejo13:  You can make it dog breeds instead? That would becute ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m going to use chess piece names, and actually put tags on some chess pieces for the seating cards, my fiance and I play chess often with each other and its one of the things we first started doing together when we were dating :3  It also fits with our elegant victorian theme!

Post # 23
1990 posts
Buzzing bee

These are so cute!

I think it has a lot to do with who you are as a couple or your venue or your theme.

Take a little time to reflect on you guys and some kind of something should start to surface.

I saw a friend do “love” songs. Every table was the title of a love song like “All you need is love” or “love me tender” & etc etc

I thought it was really cute!

Post # 25
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

My fiance is originally from Kenya so I was thinking of using romantic words in his language (Swahili) as table names. Or even maybe areas of Kenya as table names, I havent really decided yet.

Post # 26
45 posts
Newbee

We’re going wtih places/things that have special meaning to us: where we first met, the online dating site we met through, etc (we still have a little while to go, so haven’t thought too Much about specifics).

I love all of these ideas! Thanks all for sharing

Post # 27
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I used the names of Italian wines, printed out like wine labels (I got the template for free online.) My friend used photographs of landmarks around our city (Indianapolis) and photo-shopped her dog into each photograph. Her dog at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on the yard of bricks, her dog on the steps of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument, her dog in the middle of Hinkle Fieldhouse (with Coach Stevens and the Butler mascot, Blue.) It was hilarious!

Post # 28
2540 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m doing fun facts and naming the tables after things about us, and including a blurb underneath explaining it

Post # 29
574 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

We did various book genres and authors that we both loved.  We wrote a little description on the back of the card about each genre or author and why we liked that.  

However, we also did table numbers on the other side of the card because having themed tables isn’t something that was ever done in our circle, so we were worried people would have no clue what was going on.  So, for us, it was a good hybrid.  

Maybe you could pick your favorite books, movies, restaurants, scents, vacation destinations, and memories?  

Post # 30
33 posts
Newbee

Why not do Table Names like:

LOVE

PEACE

PROSPERITY

HOPE

TRUST etc and give a small motivation for guests…

Just my 10c worth coz that is what i am doing…

i think i will just place those cranky uncle and aunts by the table HOPE in hoping that they would change for the better in the future HAHALaughing

Post # 31
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@futuremrscisek:  Since we are both from MS, I’m going to name each table after historic places from each of our home town with a little know fact about each one.

The topic ‘TABLE NAMES?!?! Please share you creative & fun ideas…………’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors