(Closed) Tahiti & Moorea Deal

posted 9 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I just got back from my honeymoon and oh man, I want another one! This one! Awesome!

Post # 4
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Ohh wow thats sounds awesome and what a great price! would love that but im not until 11/2010..

Post # 5
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

This is a great deal, but I really recommend that if you’re going to fly all the way out to the French Polyenesia, you have to go to Bora Bora. We did a 10-day Moorea and Bora Bora trip and I thought Moorea was amazing until I went to Bora Bora. Bora Bora is incredibly beautiful.

Morkielove, November is the beginning of their low season, so you might be able to find great deals! We went in late October and stayed until the end of the first week of November and the weather was perfect.

Post # 6
1569 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 1996

We heard about this via travelzoo as well, and it does sound amazing, but we’re going to Moorea in July/August. Hope someone gets to take advantage of it. @allurex112 I’m a little surprised to hear that, most of what I had read said essentially the opposite about Bora Bora vs. Moorea. Care to elaborate?

Post # 7
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Sure –

Moorea beaches were great. They were beautiful. And compared to Bora Bora, there are more opportunities to interact with the local culture in Moorea, if that’s what you are looking for. We rented a car in Moorea and drove around the island, drove up the mountain, went to the local supermarket, etc. And I think I would have been satisfied if I had just gone to Moorea.

But when I got to Bora Bora — wow. It was mind blowing. I’ve been beaches in the Caribbean, islands in Southeast Asia, and I grew up in California, so I have a pretty high standard when it comes to beaches and I’m almost always disappointed by beaches. When I got to Bora Bora, my jaws just dropped. It was incredible.

It’s true what they say, that Bora Bora is more expensive than Moorea. But I felt that on the whole, resorts and restaurants are of a higher caliber than those in Moorea.

And flying to Bora Bora from Moorea is also an amazing experience in and of itself. You get to get a birds eye view of not just Bora Bora but the other islands along the way. Some of my favorite photos from the honeymoon are the ones I took from the flight. (Versus the flight from Tahiti to Moorea is 10 minutes and the views don’t compare at all.)

I probably wrote too much, but I am surprised to hear that you read the essentially opposite about Bora Bora and Moorea. I feel like almost everything I read and people I contacted on travel sites as well as friends who also went there on their honeymoon preferred Bora Bora over Moorea.

The topic ‘Tahiti & Moorea Deal’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors