(Closed) tatted bride & tatted bridal party…

posted 10 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 16
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I picked a dress that would show off most of my tattoos 🙂

My only suggestion would be to put lotion on them the night before so the colors pop a bit more. 🙂

Post # 17
543 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Getting married is ultimately a celebration of the love you share with your fiancee, and he (or she!) loves you for who you are.  Why would you hide that?

Post # 18
268 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

You’ve got the tattoos for ever anyway, so it’s a bit silly to hide them for your wedding. 

I’m going to be honest here – I don’t like tattoos. I just don’t. I wouldn’t ever have one, and I don’t especially enjoy seeing them on other people, particularly women. HOWEVER – I am not the arbiter of taste for the whole world. Lots of people don’t like the choices I make about how I look – pick whatever you like, starting with the 20-30lbs of weight I could do with losing. There will be people at my wedding who hate my dress. I’ve been at weddings where I’ve thought the bride looks terrible. DOES ANY OF THIS MATTER? Absolutely not! 

It’s YOUR wedding. You LOVE your tattoos, they are a part of your character. Everyone who is there should be able to appreciate that is who you are, whether they would make the same choices as you or not. 

I have friends who have lots of tattoos, and I’d be really shocked and/or disappointed if they went out of their way to cover them on their wedding, even though I’m not a fan, per se. I’d probably even advise you to chose a dress with your tattoos in mind eg if you have an elaborate tattoo on your back, wear a backless dress. A wedding is nothing if not an opportunity to showcase your personal taste. Sod everyone else!

I remember reading about one bride who had bright pink hair. She went back to brown for the wedding, because everyone “expected” her to look “natural”. Afterwards, she dyed it back to pink. It’s the thing she most regrets about her wedding – not looking like herself. 

Post # 19
1251 posts
Bumble bee

I don’t think there is anyway in the world you could have a wedding and not do anything that someone found tacky, tasteless or over-the-top. Everyone has different taste, and no one is going to think everything in your wedding looks great.

If I was in someones wedding and they told me to cover up my tattoos, I’d drop out.

The topic ‘tatted bride & tatted bridal party…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors