here’s mine – I have five. Four of them have been done by the same artist – my best friends fiance – and as an added perk, I get them for minimal cost. I listed them in the order I got them:
1) Left breast: Got it when I was 17 & the guy didn’t listen and screwed it up. I want to cover it but I don’t know with what yet. Plus tI still like the he symbolism behind it – it’s a pair of 10 wk old baby feet (a symbol of the pro-life movement — which I was really into as a teenager)- inside a heart (which was supposed to be drawn the way I did my hearts, but total fail) (done by a different artist than the rest – 60$).
2) Left wrist: “Unique” with musical notes over it. I wanted to get it to remind myself I’m unique, just like everybody else 🙂 The musical notes are because I grew up (and still do) play(ing) the violin, piano, trumpet as well as singing. (20$ and a pizza).
3) Behind left ear: Again, another screw up, but this one was my fault. I approved the stencil without a clear view, and it ended up WAAAAY bigger than I wanted (I wanted it dime-sized). This is the only tattoo I would consider removing entirely, since it’s very noticeable with my hair pulled back, and that will probably translate to problems when I enter the job market. (50$)
4) Right wrist: “Beauty”. I got it after I underwent gastric bypass (rny) surgery to remind myself that, even at my heaviest, I was still beautiful. Plus the colour is kickass. (free)
5) Upper back: This one is incredibly special. My FI’s mom passed away very suddenly in October of 2009. She collected (and loved) elephants her entire life so both my Fiance and I decided to get elephant tattoos to honour her memory. I chose the quote by e.e. cummings because I got teary-eyed & goosebumpy when I read it. Also, her favourite colour was purple, so I incorporated that in the tattoo as well. (40$ – my guy said he would have easily charged 380$ regularly for it – I feel INCREDIBLY lucky that I have this connection).
I’m including my FI’s tattoo as well, since we got them together and for the shared subject behind them- it’s his first.
[attachment=1491546,188783] [attachment=1491546,188784] [attachment=1491546,188785] [attachment=1491546,188786] [attachment=1491546,188787] [attachment=1491546,188788]