(Closed) Tax-Deductible Venue

posted 8 years ago in Money
Post # 3
18637 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

This would not be through FSAFEDS, the way you determine a charitable deduction is on the irs website (irs.gov).  A FSA (flexible spending account) is when you take money out of your taxable income that you use on qualified medical expenses.

It only counts if your itemized deductions equal more than your standard deduction, which is $11,400 for a married couple.  Also, you cannot deduct the amount that you receive as a benefit, which would be the amount to rent a comparable venue.

Basically I think you need to trash the idea of deducting this because I doubt you will have any benefit from it.  Some other things that go into itemized deductions are state income taxes, property taxes, and interest on a mortgage.  I did taxes for 2 years.

Here is some info on charitable deductions from IRS.gov.

The topic ‘Tax-Deductible Venue’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors