(Closed) Taxes: ASAP or April 14th at 1159pm? (lol)

posted 8 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

Taxes ASAP!! We’ll be using it for the wedding and savings and I am using a large portion of my refund for some events in my business that are coming up

Post # 4
1718 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2008 - Winery in the Gold Country

I usually wait til it’s under the wire time… taxes are complicated for 1099’ers and I have to shell out a ton of money! So I wait as long as possible 🙂

Post # 5
507 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

We usually wait until a week or two before the deadline. So early April, I guess.

Post # 6
1022 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’ve done both!  Last year I was under the wire (and I got a refund!)  The year before I did it almost immediately after I got my w-2!

Post # 7
Hostess
18644 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I file right away if I am getting a refund.  If I owe, then I file close to April 14th.

We are getting a refund this year and it’s rebuilding our savings.

Post # 8
Bee
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2009 - Barr Mansion

ASAP–I want my refund right away!  This year, sadly, the refund will all go to paying down my student loan debt.  🙁

Post # 9
5498 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I filed mine last week..my refund is scheduled to be in my checking account this friday! = D

I try to get it done right away because we usually need the money this time of year. lol. Part is going to my credit card, another to our svaings. I’m keeping maybe $100 for me.

Post # 10
1023 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I do it right away. I freaking hate taxes! Why can’t we have a simpler tax system?

Post # 11
2027 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

We usually get it done by the end of February. Now that we are married and that the economy sucks so bad that we’re not getting bonuses, we’ll be getting a refund. In the past my husband used to get huge bonuses, which meant huge 1099’s, which meant a huge bill to pay come tax time. That’s when waiting till the last minute (or filing an extension just for fun), is necessary. We’ll be using our refund to pay for his hunting lease. Thank god we don’t have a wedding to pay for this year!

Post # 12
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

ASAP! It will be a refund this year and it will most likely pay off the last bit of student debt!!! yay!

Post # 13
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2007 - Rosary Chapel & Monterey Marriott, Monterey, CA

I’m an immediate filer — just waiting on one more form to come in before it’s all done!

As it looks right now, we’ll be getting an “ok” refund… which is always better than paying! I’m sure it’ll go right out the window to paying for baby stuff though!

Post # 14
510 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I’ll be doing mine by the end of next week! I got my W-2 but I don’t have my bank account interest statement yet… I’m definitely saving mine for my wedding!

The topic ‘Taxes: ASAP or April 14th at 1159pm? (lol)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors