(Closed) TAXES! (question help?)

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 3
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Yes, they can fix it.  It is easier if they have not actually submitted it yet.  Some prepares batch a whole bunch at one time, so it may not be sent yet.  If it has been sent, they will need to prepare an ammended return.  No big deal, it is just more paperwork.  If they try to charge him for it then I would ask for a supervisor, as it is their mistake and they should take care of it for free.  Look at the paperwork he signed, there may even be some kind of credit from them if it is done wrong.  I know the big preparer in town says that if you find an error, they give you double the mistake back.   It prob isn’t there, but it is at least worth the time to read through it.

Post # 4
390 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

As a CPA I double what the poster above said.  If they haven’t submitted it yet it’s easier but even if not you can do an amended return.

The topic ‘TAXES! (question help?)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors