(Closed) Tell me about your destination wedding of 50 people that cost less than $20,000!

posted 7 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 31
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

My fiance and I married in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico at the Catedral de San Juan Bautista 2 weeks ago, then went on a honeymoon cruise, and returned home for a vintage travel themed barn reception. The cost of everything (2 sets of everything- photographer, decor, favors, programs, invites, reception meals, etc..) was $19,000. This includes everything you would typically buy for a wedding. My wedding was beautiful and Im hoping my reception will be too! I confess I did alot on my own and spent wisely!!! Our wedding had 11 guests but our reception will have 110. DIY all the way!!!

Post # 32
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2015

We’re getting married in Montego Bay, Jamaica this summer. We’re on target for around 15k. This includes flights, hotels, wedding planner, hair and makeup, groom’s attire and ring, photography, dj, transportation to ceremony site, favours, invites etc. Pretty everything except dress and my rings. Guest list around 60ish.

Post # 33
297 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Brittanyg20:  Are you sure that quote was not in JA dollars? I got a quote for a venue in Trinidad & Tabago for $25,000 and freaked out but then I remembered to convert the currency and figured out she meant $3,000.

Post # 34
297 posts
Helper bee

Why do I keep replaying to threads that are 1 year old lol #newby

Post # 35
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
FinallyHappening2015:  I too am getting married in MoBay in September of this year. Can you tell me who you used for the following:

Cake/Dessert

Flowers

Band – if you are doing a reggae band

I’ve been having problems finding people that will get back to me for some reason. I’m also finding the majority of vendors I’m working with so far don’t use contracts, which kind of worries me. I keep telling myself this is probably normal in Jamaica as they live a lot slower paced life down there. Are you experiencing the same? 

Post # 36
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
Aes1783:  I’m using a wedding planner- Petals and Promises. To be honest I’ve been really delayed with a lot of things. I just ordered my dress last week! But I have already sent my cake request in and I can definitely find out who is doing it. Just today I’ve emailed her about ceremony music, and band info. I have a Dj and would be happy to pass his information on to you. I know it seems like I’m all scattered and absent-minded (i am, lol),  but I am going down in April for a site visit and finalise details. Let me see what I can find out for you. 

Post # 37
11 posts
Newbee

View original reply
FinallyHappening2015:  We’re looking for a reggae band and I’ve found one that’s decent, but the one I really wanted just randomly stopped emailing me back. Anyway, no need to pass on your DJ info, BUT if you end up finding out who is doing your flowers and cake, I’d be interested in that info! My email is [email protected] hotmail. com. Thanks and good luck!

Post # 38
10 posts
Newbee

hay there 

as you are all ready planning for a destination wedding y dont you have your  Destination Wedding in India in india Udupi ( a place in south india) would be the best place for ur wedding . there are beaches , temples and many advencherues place here . 

Post # 39
1 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
peonyinparis:  How did your wedding go? How much did you spend in total including accomodation? We’re looking at tying the knot in Bali next year.

Post # 40
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2017

View original reply
Brittanyg20:  Hi Brittany ! I am planning my wedding for January 2017 and am in the same boat as you were ! I would love to know what you ended up doing for your wedding if you were able to have it at the Rose Hall? I would like to have our ceremony at the Aqueduct and then cocktails on the grounds at Rose Hall. We would then have our dinner reception and dance back at our resort – Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. I have a feeling the dinner reception at the Great House will be costly compared to back at the Resort.

Post # 41
11 posts
Newbee

We had our wedding in Montego Bay this past September and did the wedding and our honeymoon for 15k. We were there for a total of 7 nights, 8 days. We rented a private villa through Jamaican Treasures, both to stay at and to have the wedding at (we did Couples in Negril for 3 nights for our honeymoon), used Sadeki Watson from Chic Events for our wedding planner, Kenya Royes from Decadent Catering for our food (open bar all night, cocktail hour food, dinner food and late night snacks), Joni Powell from Gourmet Makeup for makeup and hair, Power House reggae band, which were super affordable, and Leanne Cooke from Cakes by Noida for our wedding cake. I’d reccommend every single vendor! 

Post # 42
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2017

View original reply
Aes1783:  Hi Aes!  What villa did you use?  and how many guests did you have?

Post # 43
11 posts
Newbee

Hi, we booked through JamaicanTreasures.com. We actually rented out two villas. The wedding villa, where the wedding party stayed and where the actual wedding ceremony and reception were held is called Fairway Manor (I think you can occupy up to 7 bedrooms). The other villa we rented is called Nutmeg. Both are in the same gated neighborhood and within walking distance from one another. Both are absolutely amazing and I’d highly reccomend them! 

Post # 44
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2017

View original reply
Aes1783:  thanks so much! congrats on your marriage!

Post # 45
3467 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I see that this is an old thread, but I’ve been meaning to share these tips and I never did a review, so here goes!  I got married in Barbados in 2013. I haven’t returned to the island since, so I’m not up on the current pricing, but I don’t imagine it’s too different. I didn’t go through a resort. I did all the planning myself, and hired an amazing company to do my day-of coordination. The ceremony was on the veranda of a restaurant and the reception was on an 85-foot covered catamaran. We had 40ish guests, and paid about $13k. The planning company we hired has full planning packages that would have brought up the price another thousand dollars or so and I think it would have been totally worth it. We DJ’d using an app and it worked out fine, but we could easily have hired a DJ for only an additional $250 or so. My soloist would have run me about half the price had I used a song from his expansive repertoire. I just really had my heart set on two songs from my favorite movie soundtrack. I self-catered my welcome party, but it was a lot of work and in retrospect would have happily paid an additional $500 to have someone else cater and set-up. If your budget is $20k, it could go very far there.

The breakdown was more or less this:

ceremony space (incl. chairs, chair covers and 2 hours of set-up time): $750

bridal suite (3 bedroom penthouse w/pool, jacuzzi, and all amenities): $550/night

welcome party (cookout and open bar on balcony of bridal suite): ~$500

rehearsal dinner for 40 (4 course meal, 4 signature cocktails, and unlimited rum and softdrinks): $1500

cocktail hour & reception aboard yacht (incl. liquor, food, insurance): $4000

cake (themed cupcakes with a 10 inch cutting cake on top): $150

day-of coordination (which included minimal decor incl. card box, aisle runner, etc): $1500

additional decor (color-coordinated sheer curtains, rose petals): $100

steel pan soloist (pre-ceremony, processionals, recessional and post-ceremony): $140

photographer (5 hours, 2 shooters): $1100

videographer (getting ready, ceremony, and post ceremony): $250

hair/makeup (incl. makeup trial which was the night of my rehearsal dinner): $310

spa day (massage, mani/pedi): ~$160

day-after brunch: ~$250

ceremony location:

reception location:

bridal suite (also location for welcome party and spa day):

restaurant where we hosted rehearsal dinner and farewell brunch:

The topic ‘Tell me about your destination wedding of 50 people that cost less than $20,000!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors