I have to admit, I agree with everything all the pro-first lookers have said and that’s because Fiance and I are planning on doing a first look. I posted a thread a few weeks ago asking for opinions on it and the comments were over whelming. Nearly everyone told me that their first look was their favorite part of the whole day. Considering this is a day where cake is involved, that means something! =)
Our reasons behind doing the first look are basically the same as the PP’s…
1. We want that time alone together (well, with the photog but he’s good at blending into the background) before all the craziness of the day ensues.
2. We have A LOT of pictures on our “must get” list so having a FL will give us plenty of time to get all of these without having to rush.
3. I am an emotional train wreck. Seriously, I teared up reading some of the PP’s! God, I’m so lame. Getting even a fraction of those emotions out before walking down the aisle is a must for me. I am NOT an attractive crier!
4. FOOD! We are paying too much money for our cocktail hour to not enjoy it. I’ve never participated in a wedding that had a FL therefore we always missed the entire cocktail hour. Sure, a waiter would bring some hor d’ourves out to us while taking pictures but in every single instance they were cold and yucky. We’re paying big bucks for our hor d’ourves and dammit, we’re going to enjoy them.
5. Spending time as a bridal party without 100 other guests. The first half of our first look will be just Fiance and I but after those pictures are done, we will be doing our bridal party pictures. These individuals are part of our bridal party because they are our nearest and dearest and we want to be able to spend some time on our special day with just them. Sure, Fiance will be with his guys most of the day and I’ll be with my girls but we wont be together as a group which is important to us.
Originally when I saw this post I wasn’t going to comment since you specifically asked for people who regret doing the FL. Since seeing everyone else comment on the reasons they did or are doing theirs, I decided to jump on board. There really is no right or wrong way to do this but for us, first look is the way to go. The above reasons are just too important to us to sacrifice. Regardless of what you choose, your “first look”, whether it be a few hours before your ceremony or as you are walking down the aisle, will be special.
On an unreated note, why are all my comments always so long?! Once I get going, I just cant stop! Thanks for sticking around, if ya did. =)