(Closed) Tented Reception – Size of tent & number of ppl

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
2027 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m pretty sure that my tent was 40X60. I had 160 guests, 21 round tables, a sweetheart table and the buffet & cake table under the tent. The band had a 10×10 space under the tent, too, but no dance floor. This was the smallest tent the rental co. recommended to me, and it was a comfortable amount of space. Your rental company should be able to tell you exactly what size tent you need for what you will have under it, as well as your guest count, or they are not doing their job!

Post # 4
275 posts
Helper bee

We are having a 40×60 tent for 120 people, we have a 12×15 dance floor, space for a bar, a dj and an area for the buffet as well.  Sounds like you might be pushing it with your tent size – could you get a larger tent?

Post # 5
2889 posts
Sugar bee

This is great information. My venue only contracts with one tent company and the biggest we can get is 30×50, we are anticipating 100 people so I was a bit worried but it sounds like we should be fine if bree had 160 under a 40×60  with a band and buffet. Has anyone used a 30×50 tent? I’d love to hear how many tables you had. We will be using the 60 inch round 8 tops supplied by the venue and I am hoping to fit about 14 (one as sweetheart).

Post # 6
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

This is interesting… it has been suggested by our caterer and tent rental company that we need a 40×80 tent for 130 people.. and we are not having a dance floor set up in the tent. I have been trying to figure out if we can get by with a 40×60 as it is significantly cheaper.

Bree – what size tables did you have? and how many people did you seat at each table? I think we’re going to do 60" rounds with 8 ppl at each

The topic ‘Tented Reception – Size of tent & number of ppl’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors