- 5 years ago
- Wedding: October 2013
We are having a Destination Wedding. Since it will be just us 2, my very good friend said she wanted to throw me a shower. I was so touched!
She just asked me to give her a list of people to invite and I am realizing I just don’t have a lot of gf’s. It’s not that I don’t want them…About a year ago I had plenty! But in a year’s time, a lot has changed and I’m pretty sad about it all.
– Once I started talking about engagement, one very close friend started acting weird and pretty much just went MIA. I tried to talk to her many times and each time she was very mean toward me and I realized she had lied twice to me. I was really hurt and decided to just back away. Since then, she has become pregnant by a man she was casually dating. I am really excited for her, but she just isn’t in my life how she was a year ago. We don’t talk. I did try to reach out to her a few weeks ago but she never responded. I am the most sad about this friendship.
– Another gf just emailed me last year and said she couldn’t be friends. No reason, no why. Just that she loved me but couldn’t be my friend any longer. I never responded to that email because I felt if she didn’t have enough respect to talk something out, she was better left alone.
– I chose to walk away from 2 gf’s that were using me. I realized I had allowed myself to be used and once I stopped, they just disappeared unless they needed something. When I wasn’t the old “me” one of them got very rude. The other lied to me and did something behind my back. I just decided to let them go.
– Another’s husband would (weirdly) harrass me on Facebook. He would flame me and pics I posted. Fiance saw how weird it all was. I think he liked attention and drama. I deleted him but then after that, she started blowing me off. I think it bothered her someone didn’t like her husband. I always thought he was a good guy (he never acted like this in person) but it got to be too much and beyond annoying.
– A few ladies live in other cities. One of my oldest friends lives in the same state, just a different city. I try to keep in touch with her, but she is really spotty. She will be in contact and then just disappear. She has done this many, many times. I decided to mirror her behavior (after talking to her many times) and she got mad at me. That’s fine…I can deal with it. But she isn’t someone I can really depend on, I’m learning. I wish it was different.
So while most of this has been a blessing, there are a few friendships I’m super sad about it. And while I do have a friends, I don’t have as many. I made my list yesterday and I think I hit the 15 mark. I’m afraid that means only like 6/7 people will show up. I didn’t want a shower, with people busting at the seams, bu I guess this shower as just shown, very clearly, that I just don’t have many gf’s. It’s not for lack of trying…I pray a lot for more gf’s and I’m considering joining a direct sales company run and started by women that will open some doors. I also just started a new job and I’m friendly to everyone but work isn’t the place to always build friendships.
Anyone else in a similar spot? What happens if a low amount show up? I know this might seem silly but I’m really having a lot of anxiety about it all.