(Closed) The “Shut It Up” Pact 8/27 – 9/2

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1294 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

This weekend I hounded enough that I now know the IS A PLAN… now i need to shut up so I am in!

good luck this week bees!

Post # 4
181 posts
Blushing bee

YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

but i dont think im gonna last this week ……tommrow birthday  and jump date this week  HELP MEEEE

Post # 5
1417 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m doing SO good. Besides SO mentioning things I say just about nothing! WOOHOO!

With me not saying anything he is going crazy. He is constantly at a jewlery store ( Eeek!)

Good luck ladies!

Post # 6
1210 posts
Bumble bee

I’m joining again! I have a feeling I have many weeks ahead of “Shut it Up” so I should start to enjoy this thread more. haha.

Post # 7
2565 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Going to zip it and just hope none of my friends decide to get engaged THIS week!  (All of my friends have been getting engaged this summer, seriously…)

SO is wonderful and I just need to keep faith that he will propose when the time is right for us.  He knows patience is not one of my strongest virtues but he is doing everything he can in the meantime to make sure I feel loved.  Which he would do anyhow, but I think he knows how hard this is for me.

Good luck this week, ladies.  We CAN do it!

Post # 8
1402 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Whoo hoo, starting this again!  This week is the first full week of classes, so I think I’ll be pretty busy.  Who knows, I’ll just do my best.  Good luck everyone!

Post # 9
123 posts
Blushing bee

I’m in! This week’s going to be difficult I think though…. last week I did pretty good! The week before that I was a hot mess, tears, constant talk of marriage, getting upset because it was my birthday, taking photos of some rings on my finger and asking boyfriend if he wanted to see them (and him saying no!!), all my friends thought it would happen soon, we went on a perfect mini-vacation that would have been a great place to propose, etc. So then last week I somehow managed to chill out and give it a much needed break. Boyfriend didn’t bring up OUR marriage, but did talk a lot about friends’ weddings and upcoming engagements, etc., and I didn’t turn the conversation back to us, which I usually do. I did good basically.

This week though I already feel it getting harder. I’m going to give it my best though. Why is this so hard??!!!!!

Post # 10
56 posts
Worker bee

I’m up for the pact once again! I had SUCH a good week last week then one of my relatives had to go and ask my SO when he was going to marry me. I was mortified, and it turned into a discussion (again, when it started out, it had nothing to do with me – had to do with my mother keeping someone’s wedding dress in storage as a favour). This week, I am going to glue my lips shut with some KrazyGlue. Must… persist!!!

Post # 11
97 posts
Worker bee

I’m joining! I need to give my SO a break. 🙂

Post # 12
123 posts
Blushing bee

I already failed ladies! And I’m in my office hiding and crying. I hate this. He wants to go to Hawaii in November, and I was worried that he doesn’t have enough money to do that and get a ring. And I wasn’t even meaning to bring it up, but I did. And he said he didn’t want to talk about it, and I’m putting pressure on him, and getting married is less fun than going to Hawaii. And I’m pissed, and I’m hurt. And I don’t know what to do! I can’t control myself, but I mean, what’s the point of keeping quiet any more if he really isn’t into the idea of getting married. I’m starting to think instead of keeping quiet with a personal private timeline, or even giving him an explicit ultimatum I need to leave. I love this guy though, so much. I just can’t handle this!

Post # 13
2565 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@boardersarita:  Argh, I would totally be the same way in your shoes! *hugsandchampagne*

Post # 16
123 posts
Blushing bee

Thanks ladies for all the support. Sometimes I feel like I’m going crazy and then I can sign on here and realize that hey, at least if I am going crazy, I’m not totally alone in it. Not that anyone on here is crazy, it’s just really nice knowing that I have supportive people who can tolerate listening to me rant over and over and over again about all this. My happily married best friend is supportive, but in a way can’t quite get it since she was proposed to before she was even really thinking yet about marriage too much, and I think I’m boring her to death these days. It was a super bad day, but it’s over. I wrote my SO a long email about how hurt I was that he said a vacation is more fun than a marriage, and just not in any way an ultimatum, but more like a ‘we really need to talk, and I need to know that you can face me and face these emotions of mine and really hash out whether you want to get married, and whether you want to get married to me, and what we need to do to get to the same page together’ email. Yes we live together, and yes in a way it’s passive to write an email, but we were both at work, and he couldn’t talk, and I needed to get it out and off my chest before I exploded. I had plans for a friend to join us for dinner, and he came home, kissed me hello, had dinner, and then later when she was in the bathroom told me that he got my email, in a very calm and kind tone. So maybe it’s ok. I told him he can write me back if that gives him more space/time to think, or I’m open to talking whenever he is ready. NOW I’m going to seriously SHUT UP. I have to!

The topic ‘The “Shut It Up” Pact 8/27 – 9/2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors