(Closed) The “Shut It Up” Pact 9/10 –9/16

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
97 posts
Worker bee

This is going to be my week!

Even though he’s picking up the ring and all I’m going to want to do is ask about it!!

🙂

Post # 4
1294 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Im in! I feel good about it this week!  Good luck ladies! Smile

Post # 5
585 posts
Busy bee

Hm. Well, only a few hours in–so far so good, lol.

Post # 6
529 posts
Busy bee

I really need to do well this week because I think I am in serious danger of “ruining” the proposal with my bad attitude. So I am in it to win it this week! Good job to last week’s bees! 

Post # 7
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Yay!  I did so well last week hopefully I can keep it up another week 🙂 Good luck to everyone! 

Post # 9
198 posts
Blushing bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  the status symbol is VERY important and so aggravating that men don’t understand the importance of it the way women do. LOL. 

You are right, Sapphire. You made it 12 days so you can make it more. Trust me, the first two weeks of keeping quiet are EXCRUTIATING, but after that, it really does become a lot easier. I am going on two months, actually. And if things go the way I THINK they are going to go in the next few weeks, I will be living proof of Shut-It-Up success. You can do it!!!

Post # 11
529 posts
Busy bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  I am so in the same boat! Poor SO says to trust him and feels bad that he can’t reassure about how much longer it will be without giving things away. I can’t go much more than a day and like you I am afraid of ruining it or pushing it back. Knowing that I could have 6 months or more to go makes me want to cry (which is what I spent every alone moment this weekend doing) but then I think about how much I love him and how happy we are when I am not in a waiting funk. I just want the time to fly by so I can stop being such a basket case! Hang in there- you aren’t alone! 

@stillwaiting88:  I agree you deserve an award for going 2 whole months!!

Post # 12
198 posts
Blushing bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer: LOL. An award? I should, right? It was VERY hard but once I saw the IMMEDIATE difference it made in my relationship, I decided it was worth the trouble. 

@impatientlywaiting20:  TRUST me, I spent PLENTY of time alone crying about this because I just…ugh. you ladies understand. LOL. Cry your eyes out if need be, just not in front of him. You can do it!

With that being said, can I play again? LOL. The accountability really does help me a lot…besides my mother telling me to shut my trap. HAHA

Post # 14
529 posts
Busy bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  But I have always wanted a big novelty check! At a job I had about 5 years ago I actually got to have one made for a photo op. I worked in fundraising at a hospital. As I walked through the hospital carrying a check as big as me I definitely had a “wow never thought I would be doing this!” moment. Ain’t life funny? Just goes to show anything can happen 😉

@stillwaiting88:  Thanks for the kind words! I love being able to come here and not be judged. This whole waiting thing is such a rollercoaster and doesn’t always bring out the best in me. 

Post # 15
4151 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I haven’t mentioned it in about 3 weeks, by total mistake. Lol.

Post # 16
462 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’m going to do this. It’s going to be tough. I have a wedding shower for a future cousin-in-law next sunday (is cousin-in-law a thing?). Then a wedding for another cousin next saturday. I already almost lost it today, but I’ll succeed, and vent to the bees in a separate post!

BEE strong Bees!

The topic ‘The “Shut It Up” Pact 9/10 –9/16’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors