(Closed) The “Shut It Up” Pact 9/17 –9/23

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 17
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Ok I am in!! (OMG, did I need this!)

Only my bridesmaids and my mother know we have decided to get married and have gotten into the planning bit, so they have to hear about it constantly while i am waiting for him to ask so I can tell the world!! I can’t stop bugging him either…(which is probably why he hasn’t asked already!!)

Post # 18
56 posts
Worker bee

Ahhhh! West Side Story! Love it! It’s totally perfect for this thread.

I’m still on the pact and doing great! I’ve been keeping myself busy as well – signing up for a sports team, some other work-related extra curriculars and whatnot. Maybe it will help Christmas come faster…. 😉

Post # 19
1220 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I’m back in because after returning from Hawaii, where we talked extensively about the future, i need a break from myself! My timeline was reconfirmed, so there is NO need to mention wedding stuff until March 26, 2013….so that’s the goal, but at least doing the pact lets me break it up into one week increments. So count me in, please! 

Post # 20
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

okay, i am in!

I”m literally the worst, because I look at weddings all morning, every morning at work. We always talk guest list and logistics.

Post # 21
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’m in!! He promises that we will be engaged by the end of the year. Last night he slipped out and said December. I promise not to mention an engagement or a ring or marriage…for that matter.

Post # 22
2023 posts
Buzzing bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  thanks! though, I need a demerit. I spent a lot of time on the bee and pinterest looking at weTding related stuff last night in front of SO. i even TOLD him that this is going to get me a demerit but that I didn’t even care. Something about PMS just makes my brain explode with marriage/engagement/wedding fever! Like… to the point I can’t sleep!

Post # 23
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

yay, i made it ^^ nice to be a winner on the previous one, but i broke my pact straight away after 12 am on sep 17th, so this week i’m not in :3

good luck ladies! <3

Post # 24
1444 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’m in! I did well the other day – an engagement ring commercial came on and I didn’t even look at him, just went about reading my book! ;o)

Post # 26
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I’m in too – starting today – a day late! 

Post # 27
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

SO is making this so hard.  He keeps dropping hints and waiting for my reaction.  He keeps saying all these crazy and ridiculous ways he plans on purposing, and it gets so hard to just smile and be like “whatever you want to do…this is your show” 

Now he was just being all sneaky with the computer so I asked him what he was doing, and he just said “it’s part of your big surprise” and he was talking to my best friend.  Ah these last 3 months are going to be hard.  I did good though and just passed it off after he said everything even though all I want to do is ask 100 questions.  

Good luck everyone stay strong!

Post # 28
3667 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I’m in. I’ve been good about not bringing it up, but when he brought it up recently I made a complete idiot of myself.

Good luck ladies!

Post # 29
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  eh, these proposals in every show we’re watching are haunting us! SO loves that superweird cartoon show “ugly americans” on comedy central, and even there a proposal happened in the last episode of the 2nd season. garsh, i’m waiting for someone in south park to get engaged now.

Post # 31
Hostess
8547 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

I am in ladies! I need something to “officially” keep me from blurting out stupid naggy stuff (especially after a few drinks – you know how it is!). We are moving in with each other a week on Monday which is a big step (been together 3 years and 3 months so feels like the right time) and my SO wanted to see how living with each other goes before we get engaged. So… I just need to concentrate on moving and being happy and seeing what happens. Here goes shutting up! x

The topic ‘The “Shut It Up” Pact 9/17 –9/23’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors