(Closed) The 1/20/14 Waiting List

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 17
70 posts
Worker bee

YAY. First week on the list ๐Ÿ™‚ starting out at 285!! 

Congratulations to all the latest engagements!! 

Post # 18
3083 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@shaka:  Exciting stuff for you!! Congrats!!

#190! I got a timeline over the weekend I have never really pressed for one because I would like to be completely surprised and not on edge when I am expecting it. The timeline was not exactly about marriage, but he brought up when he would like to have kids – totally on his own! and we also discussed when I would be done with school etc. We decided three years would be a good time for kids and marriage some time before that sooooo we are gettin there haha.

Post # 19
489 posts
Helper bee

Please add me to the waiting list!

Post # 20
137 posts
Blushing bee

up 5 spots to 240. Congrats to all newly engaged bees! 

Post # 21
169 posts
Blushing bee

Add me to the list! 

Post # 22
502 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Wow, congratulations on all the cool life changes, shaka! I think those definitely justify a slight delay on the waiting list ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you’re enjoying the spotlight, Wedding Clueless! Haha, I love the username. I was pretty clueless about weddings when I joined weddingbee, and it’s been so helpful! I think all this newfound knowledge will help the eventual planning go much more smoothly.

Ooooh I moved up to #93! SO is about to wrap up week 3 of police academy, and he and the other park rangers are doing great! We also get to start our weekend Skype marathon tomorrow when he gets back, and he’s coming into town next weekend for a quick visit! We actually had a long webcam chat about e-rings last weekend and sent some links back and forth to discuss what we liked and didn’t like. I think the distance and being around nearly 80 other dudes 24/7 is giving him some major motivation to get the ball rolling once he graduates!

Post # 23
32 posts
Newbee

Please add me to the list ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 24
163 posts
Blushing bee

Mmmm mulled wine… moving on up the list!

Post # 25
1001 posts
Bumble bee

My family is Swedish and Danish on my mother’s side.  We prepare mulled wine at Christmas, but we don’t use the British recipe (linked above).  We prepare gløgg/glögg on the stove.  The recipe we use is similar to this one, though we ladle the brandy over the sugar and then light, not light and then ladle.  We also use more sugar than that recipe calls for, but we’re generally making larger servings, as well.

I don’t partake, being a teetotaler, but it’s fun to help prepare it, and my family seems to really enjoy it each year.

Post # 26
Hostess
9080 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

View original reply
@shaka:  Woo hoo! Congrats! Thank you for the list.

Post # 27
73 posts
Worker bee

Food: Girlled cheese with Brie and fig jam. It’s my new pinterest favorite

Drink: Apothic Blush wine. It really saw me through all of season 4 of Downton Abbey during the snowstorn

Nail Polish: Sally Hansen – Commander in Chic. It’s a grayish lilac

Activity: Doing ApartmentTherapy.com’s January Cure. My house is getting a little more organized everyday ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 28
470 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Add me please ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 29
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Thank you for the kind shout out!! Happy waiting to all and congrats to other recently engaged bees!! Yay!!! 

The topic ‘The 1/20/14 Waiting List’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors