(Closed) the 2014 brides weight loss thread: WE CAN DO THIS!

posted 9 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 138
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I’m also in (albeit late)!! 

Wedding date: April 12, 2014

Height: 5’4″ (on a good day ๐Ÿ˜› )

SW: 167

CW: 157

GW: 140

UGW: 130

I’m also on MFP under the same username. Please feel free to add me ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 139
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Hi!! I’m new to the blog…this is a great board, just what I was looking for! I heve never been so heavy in life so I want to get healthy the right way I’m geeting married on Jan 2014 and I would like to loose 50 pounds by then…. I know that if I dont do it I’m going to regret it

Post # 140
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I lost a significant amount of weight a couple years ago but job stress, feeling homesick, and other stresses caused some of it to creep back on as I fell out of the habit of exercising and back into the habit of emotional eating.

My wedding still technically doesn’t have a date (had to throw one on there when I signed up for this website) and will likely be in early 2014.

I currently have a goal to lose 40 lbs by Thanksgiving, which I will work hard towards but not beat myself up over if I fall a bit short.  My ultimate goal would be 60 lbs lighter from my current weight.

Last night I couldn’t sleep and stayed up all night looking at dresses and trying to imagine myself in them.  I don’t like the way I look at my current weight so I feel very anxious about dress shopping in general. 

Last night I made a pledge to myself to start TODAY.  I’ve been mulling this over for months now without taking a real first step so today I’m going to begin by walking around the neighborhood.  It’s not much but is better than sitting on my rear!  Wish me luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Starting goals: walk everyday, drink more water, eat more fruits and vegetables

SW: 200

CW: 200

GW1: 160

GW2: 140

Post # 141
756 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

im a 2014 and trying to lose weight!! lets go girls!!!

Post # 142
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Mine is May 17th and I want to lose 30 lbs. Cannot wait and hopefully the weight comes off with my diet of clean eatting and working out.

Post # 143
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I’m soooo in! I’ve been trying to lose weight using WW since Feb 2013 and so far have lost almost 20 lbs. I was going strong but now kinda fell off my healthy eating and working out wagon.

Wedding date: 05/24/14

Weight goal: 30-40 pounds

Post # 144
2592 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@MissSangria:  That’s right!! Girl you got this I’m a 2014 bride and my goal is 50 pounds as well!

Post # 145
4095 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - Canada

Count me in if it’s not too late!

I’m an April 2014 bride and would like to lose 20 – 30 pounds before the wedding.

My Maid/Matron of Honor and I started Weight watchers together in Feb 2009 (4 months before her wedding) and both lost 20 lbs before the wedding. I have since lost an additional 45 pounds, for a total of 65 pounds!

I don’t really know what my goal weight should be, I have a small frame but have always been heavy. I also get overwhelmed and give up when goals seem too hard to obtain, thus the 20 -30 lb goal. My MAIN goal is to lose the back fat that spills out of my otherwise perfect dress!

Weight watchers doesn’t seem to be working for me anymore, I just seem to find ways to “cheat” without actually cheating and talk myself out of being committed. I’m going to try cutting out carbs, and exercising lots and see how that goes. Anyone have good exercise plans that are fun and kick your butt at the same time? I live out of town, so it’s really hard for me to go to a scheduled class anywhere.

I lose motivation quickly though, and just tell myself “well this is better than it used to be” but im still not happy with where I am… anyone else struggle with that? Any suggestions?

I have been trying off and on for the last 2 years to get past this hurdle and always get discouraged.

By The Way – Fiance just lost 6 pounds by eating the healthy meals I’ve been making, but more (obviously) and I have lost 2 ounces!  So frustrating!

Post # 146
2292 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’m in too!  I’m the worlds slowest loser (stupid metabolism) so I’m aware that it’s going to be a slow process. I am already fit and eat clean so I have to up my workouts. 

Wedding: Friday March 21st

Height: 179cm (5’9 ft)

Current: 160 doh! 

Goal 1: 150 Hmm not bad

Goal 2: 135 awwww yisssss!

40 weeks to lose 25 pounds seems possible, even for me!

Post # 148
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I’m nervous!  My dress arrived a lot sooner than I thought.  I know the dress is bigger than me (I ordered it in a size 22) but I’m getting annoyed my mom is saying I haven’t lost a pound!  I’ve been working out for the past couple of weeks.  The weight isn’t going to come off overnight.

I haven’t checked the scale yet but I’m happy with one result… my body isn’t aching as it was a few weeks ago.  Plus I have so much energy! 

My goal is to be under 200 lbs.  Anything lower than that is gravy!

Post # 149
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Just got back from an hour long walk.  Whew am I out of shape!!  I was huffing and puffing in no time!  Oh well, gotta start somewhere ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 150
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@Riesz:  Had a nice workout at the rec center!  However, I felt odd being surrounded by guys.  I wanted to do some strength training but only used that thigh machine instead.

Post # 151
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I am so glad this thread has been revived! Everytime I get an e-mail with a new comment on here, its like you ladies are poking me in the side telling me to get off my a** and start doing something about my weight and health.  So,  I just signed up for myfitnesspal. 40 lbs to go till my wedding on June 18 2014. I can do it!

Post # 152
4095 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - Canada

@Riesz:  haha I hear ya sister! I went for a walk on my lunchbreak just to get out of the office and although it is sunny today, I was far more sweaty than I should be for the amount of effort that took! Lol

Here’s to the next one being easier!

The topic ‘the 2014 brides weight loss thread: WE CAN DO THIS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors