(Closed) the 2014 brides weight loss thread: WE CAN DO THIS!

posted 9 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 168
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Hey ladies!  I am still waiting, but the ring is almost done, and the proposal will soon follow.  We have already decided on either Nov or Dec 2014, so I will be a 2014 bride eventually…

And I need to lose weight.  Used to be thin, bad habits and 7 years later, I am overweight.  Goal:  -50 lbs.  I would love more than that, but I feel this is more realistic for me.

In truth, I have been tryign to lose weight for the past year, but focused on exercise and not changing food habits.  Gained muscle, but lost no weight.

I am now doign Vegan Before 6 by Mark Bittman, and I love it!  Been following it for about 2 weeks, and am down 7 lbs!  Basically, I eat vegan during the day (no meat/animal products, also cuts down on processed foods and refined sugars), but I can eat pretty much anything after 6.  The first few days were very binge-y, but now I eat a smaller dinner with only half the meat portion (SO is major meat-eater), and extra veg.  Delish!

I recently had to cancel my gym membership due to cost, but am working on finding a cheaper facility. Until then, free weights and body weight exercises!

Post # 174
722 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Hi I’m Ainsley, and I’m fat. im hoping to loose at least 50, preferably 100lbs by july 2014. Ive always struggled with my weight. I went into high school tipping the scales at over 200lbs and just the experience of being a fat kid in high school drove me to become bulemic. I reached my lowest weight that summer at 112lbs, but once i stopped the purging, i kept binging and in the last 10 years, ive gained it all… And then some… I was doing weight watchers since june and only managed to gain more weight (only 0.2 lbs, but it was still a gain while i was trying to loose!) so ive recently started on a low carb diet and have lost 5lbs! Yay! Lol its a start, and im finding im having less and less cravings as the days go by. I truely believe i am addicted to food, so this wont be easy, but here goes nothing!

Post # 176
722 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@MissSangria:  

Ya i tried talking with my doctor, but since starting med school myself ive come to the realization shes an idiot… Lol her tip was “stop eating so much and join weight watchers” then she tried lecturing me on what foods were and werent healthy… and her info was sooooooooooooo wrong. lol i took advanced nutrition in my undergrad, so id say i have more nutrition sense then the average Jane, but I just couldnt get over how many false statements she was making.

Lol i know there are better options out there for me then “stop eating so much”, and if she had looked in my chart shed have known i have a history of eating disorders and unmonitored diets should never be advised to me… 

Im in the proccess of finding a new doctor lol until then, no carbs! Lol well, seriously restricted carb intake at least. I cant give up my fruits and veggies!

im glad a found a group to share and learn with though 🙂 

Post # 177
309 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I wanna join! 🙂

I’m pretty small (5’2) and a US size 2-4 but I would really like to tone up, eat a little better and honestly if I lost about 10lbs I’d be one happy lady, the thing is with recent health problems I’ve had NO energy to do any excerise, I’m trying to do some Zumba (each day a little more) which is very enjoyable and you sweat A TON but like OP said,  for me its about feeling better and feeling my best (not just on my wedding day but in general).

You ladies inspire me!

Name: Sarah
Weight loss: 10 lbs (with a big focus on toning up!)

Post # 178
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Hi! May I join. I m not strictly a “bride”..well technically. I am having my Vow Renewal in April 2014 and I would like to lose weight/tone up/learn to be healthier by then. My goal is 130 and I am currently 156-153 pounds. When I was first married I was 225 but now the last weight is like chipping away at concrete with a spoon! Any help would be great and keeping accountable not just to others but myself would really aid in weight loss. I seem to have a lot of problems losing the weight. I am at a plateau and have been since May! Not only that but I am getting my dress in October but I am not planning to lose the entire weight by then but at least be 10-15 pounds lighter so the alterations won’t be so bad. I also am going home in December to see family and that is always rough…people can be so judgemental!

Post # 181
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Thanks so much! I have been plateauing for a while but I am going to add some cardio from some workout videos online. I am already doing Jillian Michaels which helps with toning and weight-lifting. I think maybe I should add more fruits and veggies while limiting my salt intake. I am trying to include swimming at least twice a week.

Post # 182
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I’m a 2014 bride and my goal is 50lbs! I’m down 15 so far, and my wedding is 9 months away! 

The topic ‘the 2014 brides weight loss thread: WE CAN DO THIS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors