(Closed) the 2014 brides weight loss thread: WE CAN DO THIS!

posted 9 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 183
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Came to check in.

I have started to work on hitting that plateau. Sometimes I feel like whenever I get close to breaking it, I get stuck. So far I have lost a little bit of weight (now between 153-152.6) and I want to get out of that 150 range. I am so close! I have started on Pump It Up The Ultimate Workout. It has a great dance portion and the high energy aerobic part is great! I also found the fitness blender portion on youtube and it has pretty good strength training exercises. Maybe if I do cardio 6x a week, strength training 2-3x a week with a rest day of just a relaxing swim, I can get over this.

I think one reason I wasn’t losing weight was because I wasn’t eating enough. I know this sounds strange but if you eat too little (under 1,200) calories then your body reacts weird. Of course you have to eat healthy food but make sure you eat enough of it. I did eat too little but yesterday I ate enough and was able to lose a little bit more weight than usual.

Post # 184
355 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Joining in!! I’ve lost 50lbs so far but I am not where I want to be just yet here are my stats  🙂

Wedding date- May 31, 2014

Age- 26

goal: 50lbs

Post # 185
2389 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - Prague

Wedding date: July 2014

Current weight: 190 (!)

I’m short, so I really need to lose a good chunk, but I’m going to start with 20lbs and see how it looks and feels. I don’t want to give up cheese or beer (don’t laugh), so I have my work cut out for me!

Post # 186
486 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Down 7 pounds in three weeks! Getting there!!! (Slowly…) 🙂

Post # 187
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I was determined to order a dress at my current size and ignored everyone that said I would lose weight before the wedding.

Well, we ordered the dress wedding size 18 in February and I have now lost 30 pounds to date!  Hoping to lose 10 more lbs before my first dress fitting next month.  Myfitnesspal has been instrumental in my weight loss.  It really helps put your calorie intake in perspective.

Post # 188
2389 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - Prague

Last night I had my first excersize class in years…. BELLY DANCING!! Woot. Yes, I’m pretty sore, but it was really fun and I’m motivated to keep going. 

Post # 189
3329 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

My wedding date: 13/4/14

My current weight is 14st 1 1/2lbs

7 months to go!!!!!

Post # 190
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2004

First week on Weight Watchers andddddddd…. I’m down 5 pounds! Woohoo! 35 pounds to go lol. 

Post # 191
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

@MissSangria:  Don’t know why I’m just now seeing this but cheers to seeting goals and sticking to it!

The topic ‘the 2014 brides weight loss thread: WE CAN DO THIS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors