(Closed) the 2014 brides weight loss thread: WE CAN DO THIS!

posted 7 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 62
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’m a 2014 bride and this is crazy lol

need to lose 100 pounds very overwhelming 🙁

Post # 63
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@paradox:  I too want to lose that much. Like a PP said – you gotta break it down into smaller goals, rather than looking at the big number. Smaller goals add up over time. 🙂

Post # 64
440 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Hi soon to be brides!

I will be starting 2 Beachbody Challenge Groups this month-P90X starting 1/14 and Insanity starting 1/21!!  The girls doing my Insanity challenge right now are killing it and are ready to start Round 2 🙂  I currently am helping 2 brides to be!!

Message me if you’re interested in one of these groups, or if you’re just looking for support, motivation and accountability or interested in another program like Turbofire (which i just started and LOVE!!!)  let me know!!

I’d love to help you get in awesome shape and rock those wedding dresses!

Post # 66
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m a 2013 bride.  Getting married on 25 May 2013 (Getting so close!!).  I have been engaged for over a year now and have had 3 half hearted attempts at dieting and failed every time.

FINALLY this week real motivation has kicked in (or fear of hating myself on my big day).  I have excersised almost everyday and have stuck to my new diet 100%.  I have cut out all sugar and am having very little carbs and in just 6 days all cravings are gone.  

I told myself at the start of the week that I would give myself a “cheat day” every Sunday.  Today I went to a 3 year olds birthday party and sat at a table covered in spring rolls, chocolate biscuites, cake and other delicious snacks that I would usually devour…I touched non of it.  Didn’t even think to myself once “Oh gosh, I would do anything just for that one chocolate busicuit”.

As of today I am down 2.4kgs (5.29lbs) in JUST ONE WEEK!  I am so happy and so proud of myself.  If I can do it, ANY OF YOU CAN DO IT!  I know it’s going to be a lot of hard work, but I am so determided to not give up this time!

18 weeks and 17kgs to go until I reach my goal (I would love to lose 30kgs, but expecting that of myself in 18 weeks is just unhealthy).

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, and happy to give details on my new diet if anyone is interested Smile.

Post # 67
554 posts
Busy bee

congrats @SoontoBEEmrsclarke !

My partner & I have been on our health kick for about 3wks now (this is the start of wk 4). I’ve lost approx 4kgs (8.8lbs??). The first 2 wks were great cos we were on holidays, we were at home. 3rd week meant returning to 12hr days at stressful job, by 2nd day I was thinking “these people! this is why I eat chocolate!”

I did fall off the wagon a little bit – and it showed on the scales. I’ve basically stayed the same (give or take 0.5kg fluctuations over the days) for about a week. But after a dress shopping trip on the weekend, I’ve got renewed motivation. Fingers crossed!

Post # 68
1157 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@MissSangria: Wdding Date is May 4, 2014.  My goal is at least 30 lbs to start.  

I can relate.  Currently trying to get Thyroid and Vitamin D defincies under control with my doctor.  We have just started testing and so far have found that my thyroid numbers are realy really high (which mine are usually low) and the vitamin D numbers well are almost non-existant.  So the doctor thinks the Vitamin D definceny and the Hyperthyroid is creating a roller coaster effect within my body.  I have some weeks to go to get a full answer, since the two could be realated, or the thyroid issue may require surgery to correct.  At any rate I have gained 30lbs in the last 18 months, and I feel just crappy all the time.

I have started making a concious effort to watch what I put in my body.  I have not seen any weight loss yet, and have recently started 50,000 IU of Vitamin D (which seems to make me feel not so crappy), and I am trying the green coffee bean stuff to see if that will kind of circumvent the weight gain while I await a diagnosis from the doctor.  Currently we are in the middle of winter here (unusual bitter cold winter), so as soon as spring arrives I will be out getting some exercise too.

I am a 2014 bride, and for me I just want to FEEL beautiful on that day.  I know there are a lot of ladies out there that are confident at any size, but I am not one of them!!  I not only want to rock my dress…….I want to feel beautiful inside and out!

I will be here when I am not at work to provide you ladies encouragement.  It is nice to know that I am not alone in my body image fears!!

Let the weight loss begin!!

Post # 70
703 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I’m a 12/13/14 bride and I hoping to lose at least 50 lbs! Anything more is icing on the Cake. The best part is that my fi is doing it with me plus the motivation of my family. It’s gonna be hard but there’s no better motivation than a beautiful wedding dress!

Post # 71
76 posts
Worker bee

I have to lose somewhere between 30 and 40 lbs.  I just received my wedding dress from BHLDN and it has a 3-4 inch gap at the widest part of my back.  I have 30 days to decide if I just need to return it. Gonna give it a go, so I just signed up for boot camp fitness with a year commitment. Also WW, which is the best weight loss program in my oppinion.

Wedding date March 25 2014

Getting married on the beach in Roatan

Post # 72
6741 posts
Bee Keeper

Hello ladies!!!

I’m a 2014 bride, most likely – we haven’t actually booked a venue. But, we’re looking at May 25, 2014, in Punta Cana!

Not only will I have to be wedding ready, I’m certainly going to have to be beach ready! Also, I’m my BFF’s Maid/Matron of Honor for her wedding this July and I kinda may have ordered my dress 2 sizes too small as motivation – I mean, I can’t very well spend $200 on a dress and not fit into it! It’s still 1 size bigger than it was when I was my skinniest 2 years ago (108lbs, but I was pretty “soft” imo). So, I have a lot of work cut out for me and only really 5 months to lose 2 dress sizes as a start!

I’m looking to lose 35-40lbs. I’m 5’2 and my goal weight is 110-115lbs, but it really depends more on what I look like. I want to be FIT and STRONG. I want to have muscle tone, a flat belly. If the number on the scale says 120, but I look and feel great, then that will be my goal!

I’m going to start the Tone It Up diet. It’s by these 2 girls who are, well super hot, but also featured in a bunch of magazines and created their own diet and workout program based on what to eat during what times of the day and before/after workouts and what workouts to do so that you can be the fittest. It was kinda pricey, but I asked for it for Christmas and got it and just went food shopping and now I’m going to start it tomorrow. It looks like a lot of work food wise (as in, I have to pack breakfast and lunch and 2 snacks for work and that seems like a lot of work to do in the mornings!), but being fit is all about the work you put into it.

Man, I babble a lot. Glad to see there’s a thread – going to favorite it so I can keep tabs on this thread.

Let’s do it, girls!!

Post # 74
6741 posts
Bee Keeper

Uhm, apparently I killed this thread.

Just wanted to let everyone know I spent 2 1/2 hrs preparing all my food for work this week – breakfast, lunch, 2 snacks, and a bunch of quinoa for dinner (will grill tilapia when I get home – that’s what I did yesterday and made peas, too).  AND, it’s paying off already.. I’ve only officially done TIU for 1 day but I’ve already lost TWO pounds!  Woohoo!  My body is like, “YES!  Healthy food!  Go away fat!”

Now to add some working out into the mix..

Anyone else have motivating progress??

Post # 75
983 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I’m commenting so I can come back to this and write an actual post when I have time. thanks for starting this thread!

Post # 76
983 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I’m not engaged yet but my SO and I have both agreed that a 2014 wedding would be nice. No further planning until we’re officially engaged though (a potential center stone is in the mail- woohoo!)

I’m currently at my highest weight and would like to get into a physically healthier space. I’m recovering from an eating disorder that took hold of me pretty severely 5 years ago so maintaining mental health is super important. Part of the way I keep myself in check is by being open and upfront so I expect I’ll be posting here quite a bit. I know it’s best for me to leave scales alone so I don’t own one but I will be measuring my progress by inches. I really need to watch my diet and make sure I’m making healthy choices and would looove to hear what you guys are putting on your plates for some inspiration. 

So! this morning for beakfast I had half a whole wheat bagel, a poached egg and some tomato slices. snacks for the day are two clementines, strawberries and a handful of almonds. lunch is red pepper hummus and carrots, greek yogurt, and half a cup of  low fat cottage cheese. I’ve switched out coffee for green tea and I’ll try to drink 4 bottles of water today.  

What are you guys eating today? What work outs do you have planned?

@futuremrsk18:  What recipes do you make with quinoa? I just bought some for the first time and don’t really know what to do with it! 

Post # 77
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Wish you all ladies luck! I’m down 10.5 lbs since the new year! Changed lots of my eating habits– no soda, no processed food, cut down portion sizes and added lots of veggies, fruits and of course water, water, water!!

The topic ‘the 2014 brides weight loss thread: WE CAN DO THIS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors