(Closed) the 2014 brides weight loss thread: WE CAN DO THIS!

posted 9 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 108
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Morton Arboretum

@SanzWalla:  I have the same stomach and arms.  I have always been a stocky girl but in college I was a very curvy size 8.  Not sure if I can get back to that but at least a 12-14 would be my goal.  WW is going well so far, it is slow and I am a bit down this week with parties and dinners for my fiancee’s brithday, I gained back two lbs.  Still lost 10 in 2 months so I am happy, but I need to get back to keeping track of what I am eating.   I have not gone crazy I just think became a bit lax.  It is cool because I can see how I am changing how I eat.  When I splurg, they are no were as bad as it under to be.  So with time and a concious decision to eat more healthy I think I can do it.  

Also I am not stressing myself out.  My mind set is if I lose the weight for the wedding great, but I am not going to do buy a small dress or set some crazy goal that will give me stress.  I told my friends this is a health change.  Not just a diet.  So if I lose weight for the wedding wonderful.  If I do not no big deal.  I think mentally it helps.  As I love each lbs it is a good feeling not wow I wish it was more. 

Post # 110
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Morton Arboretum

or if they do not hit the gym, try walking and chatting, or shopping (more walking then shopping).  Also swimming is great, I love the warm up and cool down using kick board and you and a friend can catch up then.  (laps in between).  My fiancee and I did in the summer here in chicago and loved it. 

Post # 111
16 posts
Newbee

@canway11 – feeling a bit better. You’re right – stressing myself out was the worst thing. I will try my best and lose what I can but I will not be in a size 6 but that’s ok!  I am feeling pretty good and right now I have lots of support from friends who are trying to lose weight too so instead of hanging out on the couch, we are making workout dates instead!  A lot easier when you have a friend to do it with!

@brooke1226 – another April 26 wedding!  YAY!!!

Post # 112
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I just started looking on the Bee, and I would love to join the weight loss thread!

I am 5’5″ and 223 lbs.  I have lost 4 lbs so far, started 3 weeks ago.  I want to lose 70lbs.  Seems impossible, but I have a lot of time… so maybe?

Post # 113
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’d love to join, but I honestly don’t have a number goal! I’ve ALWAYS been heavy number wise. I was a size 8 and weighed 170 (docs put it on “muscle mass”). I have NO desire to be that size again, actually but my goal is to be comfy in a reguarl 12/14 instead of the 16W, 18 misses I’m in this last two years. I think thats where I look my best. (I know, I’m odd and don’t want to be a single digit size)

So I’ll say I’m in, with absolutely no idea of how many pounds it will take to get there. lol

Post # 114
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I’m a 2014 bride!

Wedding is on the beach, January 15, 2014 (9 months, 1 day!)

My goal is to feel great and look amazing in my dress. Think it will be about 45 pounds to feel that way. However, i’m exercising so maybe 30-35 pounds i’ve i ton up.

Good luck ladies!

Post # 115
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Smile@canway11:  We have the same wedding date!!!! I want to lose 60-80 pounds by my wedding…WE CAN DO IT!

Post # 116
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

My wedding date is 15 Feb 2014, and I’d ideally love to lose 30 pounds. That being said, I’m fatally lazy and I love my food! But my fiance and I just got back from our last vacation before the wedding, so it’s time to get my butt into gear and be a healthier me!! 

Post # 117
53 posts
Worker bee

Hi Bees!

I’m getting married 4/26/14 and am hopinh to lose 60-80 pounds by day of…

I’m doing it on my own with exercise and diet modification, but I could definitely use support! I’m not really losing weight just because I’m getting married, but I don’t feel good about myself right now..my self-esteem has suffered greatly.

Anyway, glad to bee here with all of you! Cool

Post # 118
53 posts
Worker bee

@amr5884:  I’m an April 2014 bride as well, we can do it!!!!

Post # 119
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Is it too late to join this thread?

Post # 121
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@Mrsderoo42614:  I wish I can go jogging but it’s raining out here.  Plus, I need to work on a term paper that is due this week (Finals is next week, horray!)

Post # 122
577 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@Rachel631:  Second this: Myfitnesspal is free and it’s a great tracking tool!

The topic ‘the 2014 brides weight loss thread: WE CAN DO THIS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors